• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreign Music

droomph

weeb
Years
  • And I mean reaaaally foreign. We know everyone here listens to JKLMNOP-pop etc.

What foreign bands/musicians have you discovered lately?

For me:
    • Buraka Som Sistema [Buraca Soundsystem]
    • Nanne Grönvall
    • Caramell
    …and that's pretty much lol. But I desire more, and you guys know more than I do.

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • I hate most of our national music, anyway.
    (English music is counted as 'foreign music' for me too.)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Ayaka, a J-Pop artist. I heard her on Crisis Core and decided to give her a try.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I'm getting pretty fond of German Rock such as Revolverheld. Besides that, I don't think I listen to much non-english music. Besides some k-pop ofc.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    J-pop/K-pop are my pet hates.

With that being said, I listen to Maximum the Hormone. And Crossfaith. I'm a ****ing hypocrite.

(Tbh I listen to loads of music from other countries as long as it's rock/punk/etc)

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
  • Oh yeah, as for what kind of foreign music I do listen, mostly English and Japanese music.
    Well, I listen to Japanese music while playing Taiko no Tatsujin, and 80% of the music on our Radios are English, and that's mostly the only good music we get, anyway.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • English and Japanese music can be considered foreign music for me. English I listen to whatever I come across and like. For example, heard 'you're going down' by sick puppies on an amv and loved it so downloaded on my phone. I only follow a few bands like Slipknot, SOAD and BFMV.

As for Japanese music, I love the stuff these guys make -
    DOES
    SID
    UverWorld
    Nico Touches the walls
    Shoko Nakagawa
    Egoist
    LiSA
    YUI
    Maximum the hormone
    Spyair

all these people have amazing singers. I wish they sang in english or something too.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I listen to music in a few other languages.
    Spoiler:

The most recent band I have heard is in Arabic, its death metal band from Bahrain. It's Narjahanam (they sing in Arabic). I really like how they mix traditional Arabic music with metal instruments (guitars, bass, drums, & guttural vocals). I also listen to a band in my own language, Asesino, a death metal band from Mexico they sing in Spanish.

As my native music that I do listen to is Grunge - Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains - the typical Seattle music.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • I listen to alot of latin and japanese music(yes I love latin music.) as for what bands I dunno. not up to date with that stuff. music is music hahaa. so basically I will listen to anyone and anything as long as its good

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I listen to this one singer who had been a part of a few different bands I think. One he goes by is Jonsi, and his voice sounds like a stringed instrument. He has the highest range of any guy I've heard. He's from Iceland, so I think that counts as foreign music. If you've seen How to Train Your Dragon, one of his songs "Sticks and Stone" is the one song that plays at the beginning of the credits.

Years
  • I've got some Scandinavian folk music I listen to sometimes. Värttinä is the group that springs to mind first. I've got a smattering of French music like Édith Piaf. Here and there are some other things.

And then there are the mounds and mounds of Japanese music I listen to everyday.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I listen to a lot of Lebanese music. I like most singers, but don't ask me about Haifa Wehbe - I hate her guts. I also like some other Arab singers, especially ones from Egypt and Morocco.

A lot of people I know are surprised that the Arab countries have a music scene due to the religion being Islam. We do have one.

I listen to occasional music from Pakistan and India as well. I don't like Turkish music, though - I especially hate Tarkan and I make fun of my Turkish friend for liking him. (He takes it well.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I don't know any French, but there's this French pop band called Yelle and their music is really cute and catchy.
    I don't like listening to music that I can't understand, but Yelle came on Pandora once a few years ago and has stuck ever since. . .

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
  • Well since I'm American, there are quite a few artists I could mention considering most artists I like are British.

Matter of fact, my second-favourite artist (after Kanye West) would be The Beatles, which are foreign.

If we're talking non-English artists, then I would have to say Stromae.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
  • Well 99.9% of my favorite bands are english (UK), so I wont count them. I'll settle with Tame Impala: An Australian Psychedelic Rock group, that have won a buttload of awards from stuff like Rolling Stone magazine (Album of the year in 2011).

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I listen to a looooooooot of French and Korean music. Japanese too, but not too much. I wouldn't really consider any of those to be particularly 'foreign' though. They're always the first foreign music languages you come across. I do know a little bit of German but nothing noteworthy.

A guy I know introduced me to some Turkish music at the end of last year, which I'm quite thankful for! This brings me too much joy:

Spoiler:

Back