• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Foreigners (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Glad you're interested :3 There is a Unova spot open, but if you badly want to play as a Hoenn trainer, you may do so. As long as there's one Unova trainer left... yeah, Naku :3 So yeah. Choose Hoenn if you really don't want Unova. Gosh, I thought everybody wanted Unova ;) Pity I took a Sinnoh spot already ;; haha.

In case you haven't noticed it, this RP doesn't have levels, only attacks that can be learned through battle experience or training posts. Foreigners focuses more on character interaction and development than on being a pokémon collecting game (I hope) ^^

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
urfagraghadufablagh! ermatenoogansokidja! NUUUUUUUU!
;~; Sad, now Shun doesn't have a somewhat enemy. ;~; ;~; ;~; ;~; ;~;
He also doesn't have a fellow Unovian ;~; ;~; ;~; ;~; ;~;

You're all going to be consumed by my legion of cryfaces:
Spoiler:

Earlier, I had exactly one million of those in that spoiler. Sadly, my computer could not handle it and it exploded, so I must stay with as little as that. ;~;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Name: Niko Hunter (Nee-co)
Region: Hoenn

Appearance:

Niko is a slim young teen with brown spiky hair witha bunch of strands of his hair overlapping a small portion of his left eye in a neat little arch. His eyes are a deep brown, also the colour of his medium-thick eyesbrows. He has moderately sized ears and a small nose, patterned with a few faint freckles. His main attire includes denim jeans held by a brown belt and a white polo shirt with a groovy pattern inprinted on the fine fabric. Niko is accesorised himself with only a few items, some of which incude his handy 5 gadget watch including: Analogue and digital time, displays the day, glows in the dark if you click a certain button, include and alarm and has a built-in compass. which he wears on his right wrist and a leather braceleted on the same arm. On his feet he wars white runners with a black trimmed design on each of the sides of his feet.

History:

Niko's childhood has mainly propsered with his mother in Littleroot Town and her Beautifuly, Cyndy after his parents split up and his father Andy moved to Mauville city. For the early years of his life Niko spent most of his time outside with the local Pokemon, mainly hanging with Cyndy when she wasn't helping his mother with the garden and collecting berries (which she sneaked a couple in her mouth) running ammuk and discovering new things in the small town. Niko often pretended to be a trainer, often pretending Cyndy was his own Pokemon, who happily battled for his against the more than willing Zizagoon and Tailow.

When he grew older Niko soon learned why his Mother and Father broke up (that being, that they no longer found love for one another due to the tremendous amount of time Andy spent fishing and away from home.) and also had the 'where do babies come from talk.' Embrassing yes, but it was something he was more than eager to discover.. to his horror. Haha.

Niko has obtained two badges, that of being the Rustboro City Gym's and Dewford City Gym's. Only two badges wasn't a big big achievement, but he knew that he did work hard for them and it was some sort of an achievement. After losing to Wattson and then obtaining the Dewfor'd City Gym's badge, Niko deicded he'd apply for the Foreigners program for aspiring storng trainers who'd journey around Kanto. Interested he applied and before he knew it he had been accepted. His mother sceptical at first, wanted to make sure he was safe, but knew having Cyndy with him would be a drag, especially when she wanted to search and eat oran berries all day. She realised Niko had to journey by himself and was more tha happy to give him some freedom, the freedom he needed she thought, to prosper. After visiting his father and Reece, his father's Anorith, he set of for Slateport where he Journeyed off to Kanto, to start his new adventure!

Personality:

Niko is an enthusiastic young trainer who has dreamed of becoming the world greatest trainer, or one of the worlds greatests trainers; a member of the Elite Four. He also is thinking of perhaps once he retires as a travelling trainer, becoming a Gym Leader. He is fond of water types, although thats many percieve this of him as has two water type pokemon as his companions; when really, it likes all types, except for ice-types. Having a sheer hate for the cold, ice types are just not the sort of Pokemon Niko wants to be around. With a love for Pokemon which he can share and relate to many other trainer, he is easily able to make friends. His fierce passion for battiling has lead his Pokemon to follow suit, allowing them to work smoothly. Niko isn't incredibly hasty desppite his eagerness and enthusiasm for battiling. He prefers to take things at a mdoerate rate, and often is irritated by those who are over-expressive.

Pokémon:

picture.php

Muddy (20)
- Moveset:

• Water Gun
  • Bide
  • Mud Slap
  • Tackle
- Personality/history:

Niko first received Muddy when he was only a baby, still young however, Muddy has became Niko best friend along with his Whishcash. Unlike the usual trainers in Hoenn, Niko wanted to catch his first pokemon, rather than recieve on form Professor Birch, to him, it felt much more of an accomplishment, that he started his journey not the professor, however he did appreciate the professor help and advice prior to his travels. Niko reached route 102 with his mother's Beautifly, Cyndy which his mother asked her to accompany Niko in case he got into any trouble.

Muddy's personality is extremely playful and bubbly. Muddy is hardly never is a grumpy mood even in the worst of situations. Muddy is such an optimistic and exthusiastic pokemon when it comes to helping Niko out and in battle. Muddy was also able to secure Niko the Rustboro City Gym's badge as well as helping his Whishcash, Namazun.

picture.php

Namazun (30)
- Moveset:

• Amnesia
  • Zen Headbutt
  • Mud Bomb
  • Tickle
- Personality/history:

After visiting his father in Mauville City, Niko and his father decided to explore the Mirage tower on route 111, when they reached the final floor they found nothing but two rocks, which they later found out to be Pokemon Fossils. Niko's father Andy, held onto the two fossils after Niko mentioned that he'd prefer if his father had them. Andy then later had them restored leaving lileep with the professors to study while anorith returned with him back to Mauville.

On the way back, they both decided to go fishing near the Winstrate family house, carefully sneaking to their pond. After an hour or so after encountering an endless bombardment of magikarps Noki felt a sturdy tug on his line, throwing it up forcefully out of the water he realised it was a barboach. With Muddy, who had gained a great deal of battiling experience prior to encounter barboach put up a great effort to weaken the cheecky fish. When Muddy bursted his final water gun, the barboach was knocked out and Niko was able to snare it into a Pokeball.

The next day, Niko decided to challenge the Mauville gym only to be creamed by Wattson and his Manetric who proved to be more than met the eye as he won against even a type disadvantage. During the fierce battle between barboach and Manetric, (Muddy knocked out after knocking out Wattson's Voltorb and Elecktrike.) barboach evolved in Whishcash which Niko named Namazun which roughly translated to 'large fish able to cause earthquakes.' Nevertheless Wattson was able to defeat Whishcash, holding onto his badge.

Namazun is quite a quiet and lazy Pokemon, having lived by itself in Winstrate family pond, it developed a laid back, relaxed attitude, often dozing off if Niko ever brough it out. Despite the laziness of Namazun, it is Niko's strongest Pokemon, proven to be more than a match for Muddy, (Muddy to ashamed to admit it) After returning from his father's, Niko decided to challenge Brawly, who seemed to be the right match for him.

Having reached the Dewford Gym, Niko challenged Brawly with a 2 vs 2.
The battle begun with Niko sending out Namazun and Brawly his Meditite. Namazun quickly removed Meditite from the battle with his Tickle and Mud Bomb. Having taken a few hits from Meditie's Focus Punch, Niko decided to switch out Namazun for Muddy in the second round. With his Makuhita, Brawly was able to defeat Muddy after a tough battle. With one Pokemon left each, it was up to Namazun to win. Both Pokemon tired, the battle was ready to end, and soon. Makuhita looking like it had the advantage early on with Arm Thrusting its way viciously into Namazun, Namazun made a comeback when it countered with Zen Headbutt, making Makuhita flinch giving him enough time to wipe it out with Mud Bomb. Finally Niko recieved a long-waited and hard-earned badge. The second addition to his Hoenn badge collection.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Curious - it's good, but about the pokémon: you are allowed to let them know all the moves up to level 30. Every move, not just 4. Do you still want them to only know 4 moves? Even if they know all of them, you can of course have some moves they use more commonly than others.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Curious - it's good, but about the pokémon: you are allowed to let them know all the moves up to level 30. Every move, not just 4. Do you still want them to only know 4 moves? Even if they know all of them, you can of course have some moves they use more commonly than others.

Oh yes, I just listed the four as the ones they most commonly use. Just so I can remember without having to check out Serebii everytime I post XD;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Oh yes, I just listed the four as the ones they most commonly use. Just so I can remember without having to check out Serebii everytime I post XD;

Alright. I'll list them in the OP anyways ;) you are accepted.

From where do you want to start playing? I'd suggest Pewter City, where everybody except Shun (Nakuzami's char) is right now. But you could of course write about Viridian Forest or a previous route as well. And if you wish, you may have caught one pokémon prior to reaching Pewter City. The area info posts can be found in the IC thread, browse a little~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Looking forward to it! Welcome to the game :3

Speaking of new members... I think it's a bit unnecessary for me to be a player here after all. I want to concentrate on being the GM, and there would always be the risk of me being unfair if I was a player myself. And I don't feel like making myself a winner nor a loser on purpose xD So. I'll put Dyce aside for now. Nobody has interacted with him yet, so it won't matter much anyways ;)

I do not think I'll be opening up another spot though. I'll try to get the existing players active again ~ event tiem!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Naah, sometimes too many players can lead to some being left out or behind or feel forgotten. Five or four would probably be a good number of players in here. Imo :3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Oh okay, I just like to have a good flow of players, though it seems to be good here, so you're probably right! :) Anyway with the posts, is it required for us to wait for everyone to post or can we post every few posts or so? Just wondering, since I don't want to leave anyone behind or travel too quickly.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I see what you mean :)

That's up to you, but some players are a bit inactive *bites them* so maybe it's better to not post too fast, or else they will get further behind. You may post how many times you like in one area, and if you battle or train, your pokémon can learn new moves.

Let's see... Nakuzami's on route 3. Dia and Miss Doronjo have beaten the gym and should meet up so that Janice can get the TM from Kathy. Curious and First Snow (I think) are in Pewter City and have yet to beat the gym leader. Seems nobody is way behind after all, and I try not to put up new areas before at least some people are ready to step in there, so I don't think it should be a problem if Curious posted again soon.

Time for me to go and play Keeno again, perhaps? Though I had planned to wait until Mount Moon teheheh.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So, do we call this RP dead for now? ;; Or on hiatus until we all have time for it, at least? I admit I'm more focused on Arcanum and Atlantis Arising now. And you guys aren't posting at all, which leads me to the conclusion that you've lost interest.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I have a post about half written, so I'll try to post that after school.
Speaking of which . . . *looks at teacher* Maybe I should pay attention? xDDDDD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
*RP wriggles in death cramps*

Seriously, you guys aren't even replying here to say that you want to quit ;; I'm kind of disappointed in you (except for Nakuzami *gives Naku cookie*).

*looks at player list again* Hmm... First Snow maybe is busy with real life, Shawn has probably tons of other projects spinning around, Dia might have disappeared into some other online world or IRL and I don't know what Curious might be doing.

Back