• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forgettable Pokemon

Years
  • With each generation introducing more and more new Pokemon (as of 7th Gen we now stand at 802 Pokemon) there are sure to be some Pokemon that are lost in the crowd and often never talked about. These forgotten Pokemon tend to usually not have something good going for them, such as bad stats or anything that helps them stand out from other Pokemon.

Anyways, which Pokemon do you find forgettable? Do you have a fave Pokemon that is often forgotten by others?

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Let's see...

Pokémon like Stantler, Dunsparce, Farfetch'd, Dhelmise, Cryogonal, Relicanth, Carnivine, Basculin, Furfrou, Carbink, and Miltank.

Essentially, those that don't evolve to or from anything.

Years
  • I wouldn't exactly call Miltank forgettable, because everyone knows Whitney's Miltank and how it is known to destroy entire teams. As for Dhelmise, it's only a new generation Pokemon so it's etched into our minds right now since we're playing Sun & Moon a lot.

I can definitely agree with you on Carnivine and Basculin. I only remember the former for the anime, and they don't seem to stand out much from other Grass and Water-types.

Years
  • Forgettable Pokemon

No Alola form. No mega. No regular evolution, even. Just.... regular ol' Stantler, forever to be overshadowed by the likes of far superior Normal types out there.

I can definitely tell you I'm not the only person who forgets that Stantler exists. The design looks interesting, but I feel that like you said, it has nothing special compared to other Normal-types and that makes it easy for me to have to keep reminding myself that it exists.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • So, uh, who was Hippowdon again? Yeah.

I feel I might be the only human being in the universe who can remember Klefki...because there isn't anything memorable about it.

Years
  • So, uh, who was Hippowdon again? Yeah.

I feel I might be the only human being in the universe who can remember Klefki...because there isn't anything memorable about it.

I think the only thing not forgettable about Hippowdon is the fact it has a weather-inducing ability. Klefki is also competitively relevant with Prankster, but with 7th Gen making Dark-types immune to the ability I could see our live key ring fall into obscurity.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    So, uh, who was Hippowdon again? Yeah.

I want to believe Klefki with Prankster spent some time in the meta with competitive battles last gen.

I tend to not use or like pokemon that look like inanimate objects or fish (fish are cool but it's weird to walk around on land with one or...snuggle one?)

Years
  • Man, the more I think about it, the more I come to realize that most Gen II Pokemon are actually starting to become more forgettable, sadly...

I can definitely understand this, since I feel a lot of 2nd Gen Pokemon are cursed with bad stats or don't have much going for them. Heck, I can remember more 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon than 2nd Gen, which definitely means something.

Even in their debut games, the 2nd Gen Pokemon were often overshadowed by 1st Gen Pokemon, some not even being obtainable until post-game, like Murkrow, Houndour and Misdreavus. Even the Gym Leaders in Johto had a 1st Gen Pokemon as their ace most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    I'd name them but I forgot

Seriously though, that one in Gen 2 that's basically a ferret, the giraffe, Celebi was very forgettable for me as a legendary.

I seriously cannot remember their names btw

Years
  • I think thr most forgetable pokemon is Maratcus since in the gen in was inductioned in you could only can it in one place.

And it doesn't help that it's a rare encounter in said location (Desert Resort), being only a 10% chance of finding one. It also faces being outclassed by many other Grass-types.

Years
  • I can have a field day with this.

Forgettable Pokemon

Another Gen II Pokemon, not really remembered by much. But let's not stop at Gen II. What about, say, Gen V?

Forgettable Pokemon

This guy is pretty forgettable, imo.

Furret is actually one of my fave "regional rodents" and it's so cute, yet people barely seem to remember it. Also, I'm so pleased you mentioned Elgyem as well because I actually love it and Beheeyem's concept, yet somehow I never see people talking about it, or more likely the fact it's available so late in Unova compared to the other Unova Psychic-types.

Face it, Elgyem is one of those Unova Pokemon I love to defend to the core.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I would argue that Porygon is very forgettable because its barely shown thanks to the infamous seizure inducing episode.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Drapion. I actually did an Ash style 'What's that?' at seeing it on X the other day. I also can't remember what it's pre-evolotion is called.

Back