• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forgiving Tears~ A one shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    yes, it's a one shot and another one of my fics. >_>; I like one shots because then you don't need to update. o.o; REVIEW. ^_^ Inspired by my never ending love for Vaporeons.

Forgiving Tears

Her eyes would glitter in that same way when the sun reflected against it so smoothly. They were not of that same abhorred and malicious smirk I would?ve thought it would have, they were the fulfilling destiny of what it had searched for in life. They were what I would call the sight to a subconscious mind.

I would stare at them in wonder, so slick and cold were they! How did one change so much? By one mistake, and by one simple step to get them across the wide river, it was something to marvel about. The owner of those queer yet delicate ebony eyes would say to me, forgiveness is the key into realizing. The voice would say that one learned so much when they learned to forgive. One learned less when their adamant nature would not let them forgive for one simple mistake.

And so here I would sit and think, would I forgive? If I had the choice, would I make the right one?

I was nothing more than a young foolish creature, a water creature, dwelling upon the clear liquid without much of a realization. I admit, I was na?ve and erotic into making choices. I did not know the difference between a leaf and a blade of grass. I did not know the difference between sunlight and the moon. All I know was, I had a certain fondness for water. The older one would say to me, it was best if I let go of some things. I did not know what that had meant, but nevertheless, I continued to enjoy the leisure of my surroundings.

Oh yes! I remember you saying to forgive. Why must we all speak in rhymes? Why must we all speak in such confusing riddles? Did you not make me considerably mad for that cause? I was angry, such immature rage filling up in me, that I did not realize when you had to let go of the grasps of teardrops and let yourself drifted off. Those eyes would always remain in my heart, glittering and unfailing, but I had lost a painful regret. When I did not say how I felt earlier, regrets would come, guilty conscience filling me up.

And so, I left my place of water.

I missed you. I missed everything, but one could not change the past.

I was a proud slick creature, an unknown creature coming from the deep depths of the ocean. To travel on this land was new, as I took in everything I can. I was still young, and my mind craved more. I learned there were more elemental creatures such as me, one who even possessed a fondness of fire or perhaps nature. I laughed along the jokes while on my journey, and I sat by myself quietly on some days.

Different seasons passed. I would come in contact with the blazing sun, forever flaming with flicks of ember flying off. I admired those falling pieces of white that sent a shiver to my back, but never failed to astound me. I was so carefree, laughing until I could laugh no more, crying until I could cry no more. Everyday it went on like this?until I met you.

How queer you were walking on earth with two legs? How odd you were being so tall and looking so peculiar! I was but a young Pokemon, frolicking in all of my days, so certainly you couldn?t do any harm?

I watched you with interest as your dark eyes moved rapidly over me, as if scanning me. A smirk rose up on the edge of your lips, a slight cruel curve. I was puzzled by this. Didn?t someone else once smirk like that, until she changed it into the lightest smile I had ever seen? Then obviously you did not know what she had taught me, although I did not understand myself of the whole concept of forgiveness. Your sturdy hands, unlike my own blue slick paws, quickly clasped those crimson and shiny metallic balls.

Somehow, I sensed the disturbing aura of them. It was a helpless aura that wavered around innocently. Next minute I was outside, the next I was back inside of the shadows.

Where? I wish I could tell you how cramped it was, how tight and claustrophobic it felt. But no, you would call me ?Vaporeon? and let me out again. Were you setting me free?

No you weren?t. You were ordering me to hurt the opposing Pokemon. I would blink at you with those familiar dark curious eyes as if saying you just had to be joking. Was this really a joke? A possible amusing laugh? Well, the fun was over, could we stop now? Harming other Pokemon just because you, a stranger that appeared out of nowhere, told me to?

I think not.

So being that stubborn creature I was, I did not move for you despite the ugly sneer taking hold of your face at my resentful nature. You were not the one who was to own me. I was owned by no one, and shall stay that way. I was a prideful and ambitious Vaporeon. I was a water creature, belonging in my rightful place. And it was then I realized I needed to go back to my original home.

So I demanded in my own tongue. But did you listen? No. All you did was let out an exasperated sigh and return me to that cursed ball of yours. What had I done wrong? Why can you not understand I was a free loner? I could?ve attacked you with one of my powerful water attacks right there, but I did not. Did you not realize that? My bitterness ran free out of my eyes, crystal water enclosed in salt trailing down. But did you notice that at least? Weren?t you supposed to at least take note of my misery if you were to claim that you owned me? No.

Day by day, I did not obey you. And day by day, you did not care for me. I was a lonely soul developing my own mind. Should I attack you and run away? Was that expected of me? No, I remember that one word. Forgiveness. So I waited, waited until one day you might show my freedom.

You let me out after what seemed like eternity. I figured I was here to fight, wasn?t I? But no, you gave me over to another stranger with those familiar eyes sparkling greedily at my beauty. I wished to snap at her my own witty remark, that she would never possess the inner beauty I had, but all I did was stare at her with my wavering eyes haunted with the deep fog of pity and questions.

You seemed like an immature person. Yet you reminded me of when I was younger, so carefree and innocent to the world, taking delight into gazing at my shimmering turquoise sleekness all day. I despised you too, as my last owner had shared, but I had to sit here enviously watching you take out another one of my kind. So you owned another Vaporeon as well! Why did you wish to keep me if you already have the same one?

But alas, you knew more things than I would?ve guessed. You had more intelligence than I had given credit. For the Vaporeon you have raised from before knew a special technique I stared at, amazed. How did one blend right in with water? You told me Vaporeons had a technique only they can do, becoming one with water. I craved to learn, and so you and the other water creature have taught me after much persistent learning.

It is a useful strategy in battles, but I prefer to use it at my own free will. It is a great place to escape all your memories, your sorrow and your haunted past. Let the problems wash away, and it will not be there anymore, no? You have my thanks for teaching me, true. You think I like you better, opinion. I have changed my feelings about you, false. One mustn?t make hasty judgements.

So you have given me over to yet another owner. You are not much different. You also crave to fight and as your reward, get tiny hunks of metal. Do those declare your victory? You have that arrogant smile on, shouting, ?I did it!? and celebrating your win. And that, my friend, if where you are wrong. I shake my head slowly, knowing it is futile to try to speak in my own tongue. No, you did not do it. I did it.

But you do not realize that. I am tired of all my worn ages. I contemplate my own death sometimes. How would it be like? Many moons have passed. You grow older until you fade away with the world. Would I fade away too one day? I am given away one again, then again, until I am quite tired of it. It is the same repeated cycles for you. You want things for your own needs, than give it away if you are tired of it. I do not like how you do things. If you exchange me for something better, than take the better things in the first place.

My fins still possess the elegant beauty it once had. My eyes has seen and perceived all.

I return to my journey home after I have been given away for the last time. It does not take much long. The pond with the small ripples of waves is still there. Your essence is still there. But I do not care. It feels great to touch water again, the fragile liquid breaking under my touch. I let my memories fade away slowly as I enter the water. It is clear and apparent, thinking about what you have taught me. To become one with the water. To blend in perfectly. And to melt away my tears letting the liquid embrace me.

And then I am not there anymore. I feel my emotions evaporating.

I am gone forever, although one last thought comes to mind before I accept fate.

I forgive you. Although you have treated me rashly, although you do not know how I felt, although I may have done some wrong here and there, I forgive you and shall move on, letting the waves carry me.

Why?

Forgiveness. What someone had said to me long ago. It is a frail beauty that takes root of the earth, never letting go. It is that fragile hold which can cause one to experience things in the world while seeing it from a different perspective. It is what someone had tried to explain to me long ago, I failed to comprehend it, but now I understand it. It is the slight breeze that flies across you, speed graceful and light across the earth without stopping.

Because you want to see how far you can go before you have to stop.

~*~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Wow. Lily, you have real talent in fic writing. I like how it's kinda in a poetic format. I also like the point of veiws. Very well done, Lily. 10/10 ^^
    Hope to see more of your work.

~Kelsey

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Ooh Pikawolf! You're the first to point out the poetic sense thingy! *hugs* ^_^ Thanks a lot for reviewing Kels! Really, it means a lot.

Years
    I love it, very sad and sweet at the same time. I love fics that take to the darker side of battles, for that was always part of how I saw it. And the beginning part reminded me of something out of Poe. Again, great work and I hope to read more from you in the future.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Ah yes, it was meant to be quite sad yet with a certain significance of sweetness. I always took interest up on the dark sides of Pokemon battling and such, but with a certain...let's say...debonair light. :O! But anyway, thank you very much for reviewing Bhati!

^_^

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It's nice to see a Pokemon that finally doesn't like battling. In many of the other fics, the Pokemon don't seem to care that they're being ordered around by a human, but obviously this Vaporeon sees right through it. Pokemon POV fics can often be very hard to write properly, since you need to look at the whole aspect of it through the looking glass, and completely turn it upside down. You've done it remarkably well though - and great length for a one shot. ^_^

There was only one thing wrong with your fic - a little verb error so tiny to point out I would be wasting my time to c/p, and your time to read. You have an excellent one-shot here. You should be very proud of yourself. ^_^

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    MCD; thank you very much for the review. ^_^ I just love Pokemon POVs...Oh and um, verb errors yeah...I should really fix that.

Satoshii; why would he celebrate? eh?

o.o *didn't get it*...

Beau`

Lover Of Mika
    Years
    Woah Lilky, just woah.

Nice to see that you posted another fic, as every one that I have seen so far from you has been nothing short of brilliant. The first thing that attracted me to this was the title. That's very important, as its been proven that over 70% of people who read books decide to read a book based on the title alone. Then I saw that you were the one to write it, I was sold ^o^

Well, as a whole, I really enjoyed it. The poetic format was very intresting. You dont see that to often, which is a great plus. Rarity equals popularity; well, at least in my experience :O

There's not really much I can say that hasn't been said already. Fantastic description that remained constant throughout the entire fic, superb grammar, great word usage, everything that makes a good fic, IMO. Kudos to you on a job well done ^^

*Glomp*

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    ;-;!

*cries*

I <3 ya Bew. (and you still call me lilky...XD) ^_~ Thanks for reviewing. Hm, I'm still not certain about the whole concept of 'poetic format' since that's in literary terms or so one speaks, but thank you sooo much! I've taken an interest into making one shots from now on...Oh and um, isn't kudos those chocolate candy thingies...er..yeah. ._.;

*is both honored and flattered now that one of her fave authors has reviewed*

8D

Beau`

Lover Of Mika
    Years
    Actually, 'Kudos', is congratulations, XP.

Dont be honored though, as I am a proud nobody ^^

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    *feels Bew's forehead o.o* Funny, you're not sick. o_o;

I am though, it feels aweeeeesome having you review. ^____^ I'm just a bit dazed and weird like that.

FIne then, I won't be honored. I'll be flattered. ^o^

*runs off*

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    It's so descriptive! I really get a sense of the atmosphere from that. Eeee!! I wish I could write like that, you're really good with the details. LilyPichu, Great job on the piece of writing!

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Aw thank you Spirit, and Zapchu! Ooh another 'Chu...

Thank you for having the time to post! ^_^ I really appreciate it.

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    wow! No wonder Frost Weaver approves of your work so much. Though I'm more of a fan of sagas than one-shots, I liked this. It was so beautifully detailed and managed to be extremely deep, and as Mr. Catdog mentioned before, you broke from the stereotype of battle-loving Pokemon. However, I didn't understand the ending much, but like Frost said, this appears to be one of those stories I need to reread through to get a better understanding of. However, I'll reread it later, right now, I'm gonna go read Reflections. Hope it's as nice as this.

.:Heart Made of Metal:.

My Heart Is Made Of Metal
    Years
    As much an emotional guy as I am, I have to say that this is wonderfully written. The sadness almost grabbed my heart and choked it, and yet the sorta "happiness" theme in the end made me relieved.

Great going ^^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    A five-year old thread, where the OP hasn't been on in almost a month...

Double-check the rules of this section. And make sure not to bump threads over a month old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back