• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: [FR] BW Summary Screen

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 10, 2018
Pokemon_-_Fire_Red_04.png

Ok fixed now,
and the code is update in my earlier post.

Is there a patch that I could download that would produce this exact effect of showing IV's in this way? I have searched for several days looking for just a .ips or .ups for fire red where I could see the IV rates and highlighted nature effects.

I think alot of people would like that other than just me. When I saw this the first thing that came to mind was that it looked great and I would enjoy fire red alot more if I could just patch this effect in to be able to see growth rates and natures.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
This patch demands the update to the IV display routine with its X/Y position to work properly.

Which is done in the below routine
Spoiler:

The update to this routine gives such result:

Inserting the routine is just like the original one as in this post
http://www.pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?p=131702#post131702

link to original post is down can you help me by giving the offset and location to repoint

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 11, 2020
If you apply the patch, and then implement the IV Display thing afterwards, everything's working fine.
I personally applied the patch, then the nature-based colored stats and then the IV Display and you just need to fix its X & Y Coords, otherwise it'll look like this by default:
VisualBoyAdvance_2017-09-09_10-07-33.png

This patch demands the update to the IV display routine with its X/Y position to work properly.

Which is done in the below routine
Spoiler:

The update to this routine gives such result:

Inserting the routine is just like the original one as in this post
http://www.pokemonhackersonline.com/showthread.php?p=131702#post131702

Where can i edit those?
Help please what app did you use

Years
Hey @Froosty, sorry for the necromancy in this post but the link wich explains the routine is dead.

Can you pretty please explain to me how to make the IV-Display routine work? I'm very green when it comes to Pokemon Hacking - pretty much everything I was able to implement so far was based on patchs (.ips files, I mean, don't know if it is the proper name).

The more babysteps, the better.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
Hey @Froosty, sorry for the necromancy in this post but the link wich explains the routine is dead.

Can you pretty please explain to me how to make the IV-Display routine work? I'm very green when it comes to Pokemon Hacking - pretty much everything I was able to implement so far was based on patchs (.ips files, I mean, don't know if it is the proper name).

The more babysteps, the better.

Thanks!

Try this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10192478#post10192478
And it's best if you don't add... "such" language.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jul 10, 2023
How do I find the offset using this patch.
I want to insert more by putting in the offset I choose.
Can you do that?

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 16, 2023
My game crash when inserting the nature coloring stat can you help me fix that, and can you help me insert the iv grade asm?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 24, 2022
I've lurked here for like a decade. Why isn't it just a simple thing where people band together? For instance: Instead of releasing a patch to the summary screen. Then posting updates that people manually need to install. Why not just update the patch itself with colored nature stats and IV display? Then release it as a joint effort? I appreciate all the effort you all put into these things and I do love how they look. But I personally think a great way to avoid all the people having issues and posting a thousand questions would be to do it as a group. Is romhacking competitive? Why not put together a small team to unify the UI itself in different styles with all the best features? Forgive me for my insolence in suggesting cooperation if it is out of line but you're all so talented that I can't help but wonder what the UI would look like if you all cooperated like that. I like emerald and I've tweaked the party and summary screen to look like the HGSS Pokedex for the sake of UI unification but I'm not as talented as all of you so it's not the greatest. Yet it's a start. Why oh why won't you completely overhaul the UI at once in a singular style? You're wonderful hackers, skilled artists, intelligent programmers, and kind to your community. Why isn't this already a thing?

Last edited:
Years
This isn't a thing because there are some people that dislike the IV summary screen or the nature colored stats, and other's that want to use their own versions. The nature colored stats and IVs on the summary screen also require free space, meaning it might be incompatible with WIP hacks. I see why you'd think this is a better idea, but it's not gonna work in the long run.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Thanks so much for the patch. I applied it to a hack I was working on and got this:
CGobrLO.png

I knowwww you want to tell me "only apply this patch to fresh vanilla roms, not hacks already in progress" but my instincts are telling me this is a quick fix (it's just the colour that's supposed to come through as white comes through as a pale beige instead).

Can anyone help? If it's not as easy of a fix as I assume then don't worry about it.

---EDIT---
Figured it out. If anyone else happens to run into the same problem, all you need to do is edit the palette slightly on HexManiacAdvance. Super simple and takes two seconds.

Last edited:
Back