• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen FR/LG Glitch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Here is a thread for finding glitches and other weird things in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Credit to Satoshi-kun for this glitch (I confirmed it wasn't his emulator messing up since I was able to take the screenshots): If you enter and leave the Trainer Tower several times, an invisble person will talk to you and push you into the black nothingness.

Post any glitches you find.

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    u cant request roms
    and ill post my glithes soon

runeknightx

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    im not sure if this a glitch or not but it may be just that our game is messed up when i went past the the first bug catcher that battles you if i went close to him my game started over again and i was only able to go around him and when i went from the top it froze
    nvm my game is messed up whenever i meet someone it freezes better restart

runeknightx

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    really demo? wut do u mean i can still battle them only if i talk to them

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    I think this is a glitch, not my emulator. But I got to Cerulean City, saved my Leaf Green and it started over again. And I don't have a demo version. My Fire Red is fine and so is every other game I played. But it was wierd because I continued to play after I saved and even turned it back on and played it, I just never saved it since I never got much further and then one day, poof and it wanted me to start a new game

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    I just noticed that while the copyright screen is displayed when you first turn on the game (either Fire Red or Leaf Green), if you press L or R the game makes a strange sound. Does this happen for anyone else? Any ideas about what it is?

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    real-o said:
    I just noticed that while the copyright screen is displayed when you first turn on the game (either Fire Red or Leaf Green), if you press L or R the game makes a strange sound. Does this happen for anyone else? Any ideas about what it is?
    Thats actually cause its trying to open up the help menu but you can't do that while the opening is playing.

Stuffman

Banned
    Years
    i found i glich, i was surf in the water labyrth when i when to this very small island where a man gave me a egg ( i dotn know what to do with it) and i faced the trainer behide him who was a pkmn breeder and it was my snorlax against her pikachu and her pikachu used thundarbolt and the sound that the thunderbolt makes when its in that circle kept playing untill i bet her then saved then turned it of and back on again ~weird~ *twilight zone sound playing in background*

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
    Yes thats a common glitch though all the pokemon games, The Thunderbolt continuing noise. Gets annoying, doesnt it?

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
    After I beat Giovanni in his Gym and got the 8th badge I forgot to talk to him again so that he dissapears so that I could take the Macho Brace he was standing on..

later after I remembered I went back to the Viridian Gym and talked to Giovanni. He dissapeared.. but after he was gone there was no Macho Brace left behind.

Lesson of the day: Don't forget to talk to Giovanni after beating him and before leaving the Gym -.-

Pichachu

Beast of the Sea
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2004
    That's odd, prylace! I left the gym then came back after some time, and he was still there.

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    yeah, actually, i just tried it, and i got the macho brace anyway...you have to use the itemfinder exactly on where he is standing, it won't work anywhere else, in case you didn't know. you can also find a leftovers from each snorlax location by useing teh itemfinder where the were (you must be exactly on their position, or u won't see anything or get anything)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back