• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FR/LG Style Overworlds

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
  • Please stop doing these OW's. It's startin to convince me to change the style of my game to Gen. III / FRLG.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Please stop doing these OW's. It's startin to convince me to change the style of my game to Gen. III / FRLG.

FR/LG Style Overworlds

Here is another one to help you make the change :)

Last edited:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I can't wait for more of your stuff!
    Just a random thought though-wouldn't it be easier to sort all your sprites into groups and work accordingly?
    For example-first you get to work on important characters from Kanto and then, once you are done with that, you move on to important characters from Johto, and so on. And once you're done with all the important characters, you can begin work on NPC trainers from Kanto, NPC trainers from Johto, and so on.
    Just something that popped into my head. What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I can't wait for more of your stuff!
    Just a random thought though-wouldn't it be easier to sort all your sprites into groups and work accordingly?
    For example-first you get to work on important characters from Kanto and then, once you are done with that, you move on to important characters from Johto, and so on. And once you're done with all the important characters, you can begin work on NPC trainers from Kanto, NPC trainers from Johto, and so on.
    Just something that popped into my head. What do you think?
    I get where you are coming from. But I need inspiration to do what I do. If I'm not feeling motivated I won't do them at a fast pace. Because I will feel like I have to follow a specific list and get bored because it feels like a chore. I start a character sometimes and get stuck on the hair or something else and then I move on to another character in the meantime till I get inspired again. That's why sometimes my tilesets take so long to become public. Or why I jump around between battle backgrounds tilesets and overworlds.

Years
  • Sounds awesome!
    One thing I'm curious about, the files on DA are not properly formatted for insertion into a 3rd Gen rom hack. Do you have smaller versions of these sprites?
    I can't remember off hand what each frame needs to be in 3rd Gen.
    If not I can still use these incredible sprites as reference and try to resize them myself.
    Unless that was intended, which is possible (don't want people using your work in hacks)

Although even if I can only use these as reference it will be a HUGE help.

Would love to see N and Gold at some point. =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Sounds awesome!
    One thing I'm curious about, the files on DA are not properly formatted for insertion into a 3rd Gen rom hack. Do you have smaller versions of these sprites?
    If not I can still use these incredible sprites as reference and try to resize them myself.
    Unless that was intended, which is possible (don't want people using your work in hacks)

unfortunately I only make them for essentials. I make them for my own game which I am making in RPG Maker but I share them with everyone else as well. You are welcome to resize them for Rom hacks. Some might need to get recolored to get them down to 16 bit color. As for Gold and N, purplezaffre has already made them.

here is N
    https://www.deviantart.com/purplezaffre/art/N-Gen-3-725398190

here is Gold
    https://www.deviantart.com/purplezaffre/art/Gold-Gen-3-725397805

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hey, no problem!
    They will still be invaluable to use as a reference.
    Thanks for the links!

they are very easy to resize. you dont have to redraw. if you have adobe photoshop just resize them to 64x96 and select preserve hard edges.

etique

etique
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Sounds awesome!

FR/LG Style Overworlds
    FR/LG Style Overworlds
    FR/LG Style Overworlds

Back