• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free Bacon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2015
    Hi folks,

I'm Lunatech, though almost everyone calls me Luna.

Used to be an poke-fanatic when I was growing up then stopped playing after Gen II. Recently had the opportunity to get my hands on a 3DS, bought Pokemon Y and now I'm wondering why I ever stopped playing Pokemon...

Although all the new creatures is mindboggling. So far I've got a Fennekin, Zigzagoon and Fletchling (played about 30mins before work this morning). Read up a little earlier, apparently we get our pick of the original starters fairly early in the game?

Now, to give in to nostalgia (Squirtle was my first ever pokemon in Blue) or my love of Grass types...

A quick question:

I'm planning on going back through the generations once I'm done with Y, which games from each generation would you recommend?

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hiii Luna, come share the bacon with me; I made loads of em'! Welcome! Cool that you've returned to pokemon, and I hope that you're enjoying Pokemon Y so far! ORAS is coming out soon too, which is something to look forward to as well. C:

And yup, we can get either Squirtle, Charmander, and Bulbasaur from the professor, which I find cool! It's very good for nostalgia indeed! I chose Squirtle because it was my first pokemon in Pokemon Blue too. But yeah, you can check out the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y section if you want to discuss the games, if you want. :3

Enjoy your stay, and really nice to meet you! You can message me if you ever need anything, or if you wanna chat and such! See you later and have a great weekend. <33

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
  • Welcome, Luna! It's nice to see a long-time fan get back into the series. I hope you have fun with it as well as here in the forums! It was super hard for me to pick from the original trio as well, haha.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ah, I just saw your edit:

I'm planning on going back through the generations once I'm done with Y, which games from each generation would you recommend?

Definitely what I would recommend is the Gen III games which are the Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald games if you haven't played them yet! They're my personal favourite games, and they have pretty wonderful pokemon, and very nice music! It gives you an incentive on what ORAS will be like too. C:

Then again, all of the previous pokemon games are wonderful in their own respects. Gen 4, Pearl, Diamond and Platinum, have really great villains and a awesome motive behind it, plus the mythology of the region is quite amazing. The battles are kiinda tough too. Gen V, White, Black, White 2 & Black 2 have a really amazing storyline in my opinion, and I would say that Team Plasma have the best development of the villains in the pokemon series.

It's all up to your preference, though; Gen 3 is just my main suggestion; in which, I do recommend Pokemon Emerald. :3

Years
  • I'm happy to have some bacon! But aside from that, welcome to PC Luna!

Nice to hear you're returning to Pokemon, I know what it feels like to skip entire generations only to find out what changes you missed out on, and in your case you have missed quite a lot so I'm sure you can catch up on what you missed such as Dragon suggested in his post. He also mentioned how every Pokemon game is different in their own right, and everyone has opinions on them.

I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy being here no matter what type of Pokemon fan you are, because every Pokemon fan has differences in that some may approve newer generations more than old ones, or some may like cute over tough Pokemon. Have an awesome time Luna and I hope to see you around! Leave me a message if you want to chat or need a bit of a helping hand.

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2015
    Oh wow. Thanks for the extremely warm welcome :)

I'll definitely look into Gen III first, since it takes up where I left the series. Thanks and see you around!

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Hey I came for the bacon!
    Hope I'm not late or anything..

Hi and welcome to our little community, glad you're here and rekindling your interest in the older games.

Enjoy your time here and upcoming game play.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2015
    Bacon for everyone!

What sort of person would I be if I offered free noms but then refused you?!

Back