• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free-for-all ideas

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 22, 2020
Maybe try remaking pokemon sword and shield but ramp up the difficulty like making your rival pick the pokemon which is super effective to yours.

Years
Just putting a basic idea I've thought of, cause when you're bored and tired like me you tend to think a lot.

The idea is very basic, well at least I'm giving a very basic concept of my very non-basic idea that I'd rather keep to my self, so have you ever thought, wouldn't it be great if, instead of starting your adventure like all the other games (getting your starter at a lab, etc.) you began your adventure with already fully leveled and evolved Pokemon, but there's a catch, you lost your memorys and you wake up in some abandoned place (cave, ruins forest, etc.), not knowing who you are, and where you came from, maybe you where someone famous (Evil Team Leader, Elite Four Trainer, Champion, a Nobody), but where ever you go people seem to run in fear, and champions from different regions are chasing after you, the police are also after you (maybe Special Forces).

That's as for as i got for a scenario, but feel free to use this idea, couldn't care less, as I need to save my money to buy RPG maker, the money I currently have doesn't count, as I need that for other things, like repairing that really expensive computer monitor, that keeps getting in the way of my fist, and jesus does that cost a hefty price to fix, in actuality it's cheaper to repair it then buy the same monitor, cause it was a 20 thousand dollar monitor... and I feel like it would be better to repair it for 5 thousand dollars then buy it again, as well as not buy/use RPG maker on this crappy laptop I bought 5 years ago, and most good laptops I wanna get are like 8 thousand dollars...

Anyway use this idea to your hearts content!

Years
  • Age 38
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 28, 2021
I do have a couple of ideas for games. I know I want to try and make one of them but I am just beginning and if someone can make it better than I could have a go, my friend.

1. A Pokemon harem game. Where the player who couldn't go out on his journey until a later age than most games. AKA 18+ years old and the first Pokemon he would receive was from the first member of the harem his or her childhood friend who went on her journey when all other trainers did. And he is trying to win her or him over at first but also winning the love from other men or women of the region. With each one that the player has gained the love of gives the player special items, Pokemon, and of course training partners to get stronger and help him tackle the league and completing the Dex by helping him by giving him special balls to capture legendaries or access to places that have rare Pokemon or helping him during the challenge runs that people love. I do want to try and make this one myself but just starting out I would love to see what anyone else could do.

2. A Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider game where the main character would be one of the aforementioned Toku heroes. And the player is fighting against monsters/trainers that want to take over the world. They could also team up with other members of the Toku heroes to fight even stronger monsters/trainers. And the game ends when the final monster/trainer is beaten and the world is saved. While I would love to make this game my first goal if I can is the first one. But like the first idea, this is open to you guys. And I would love to see if someone else could make a good/great game using these ideas.

Anyway, tell me what you think. And please if you like these ideas and want to use them go ahead and try.

Years
I do have a couple of ideas for games. I know I want to try and make one of them but I am just beginning and if someone can make it better than I could have a go, my friend.

1. A Pokemon harem game. Where the player who couldn't go out on his journey until a later age than most games. AKA 18+ years old and the first Pokemon he would receive was from the first member of the harem his or her childhood friend who went on her journey when all other trainers did. And he is trying to win her or him over at first but also winning the love from other men or women of the region. With each one that the player has gained the love of gives the player special items, Pokemon, and of course training partners to get stronger and help him tackle the league and completing the Dex by helping him by giving him special balls to capture legendaries or access to places that have rare Pokemon or helping him during the challenge runs that people love. I do want to try and make this one myself but just starting out I would love to see what anyone else could do.

2. A Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Kamen Rider game where the main character would be one of the aforementioned Toku heroes. And the player is fighting against monsters/trainers that want to take over the world. They could also team up with other members of the Toku heroes to fight even stronger monsters/trainers. And the game ends when the final monster/trainer is beaten and the world is saved. While I would love to make this game my first goal if I can is the first one. But like the first idea, this is open to you guys. And I would love to see if someone else could make a good/great game using these ideas.

Anyway, tell me what you think. And please if you like these ideas and want to use them go ahead and try.

Not bad, They are fairly good, I almost want to give them a try, but alas, I don't have anyway to make them at the moment, maybe someday in the future, and if you do decide to make them, please let me know as soon as you do, I wanna be the first to try them out, A little selfish yes, but I can't help it, there honestly good ideas.

Years
  • Age 38
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 28, 2021
Not bad, They are fairly good, I almost want to give them a try, but alas, I don't have anyway to make them at the moment, maybe someday in the future, and if you do decide to make them, please let me know as soon as you do, I wanna be the first to try them out, A little selfish yes, but I can't help it, there honestly good ideas.

Thanks and I am trying at the moment. My biggest problem is that I have no idea what I'm doing and can't seem to get the doors quiet right. I'm getting stuck when I go indoors. Lol. I have the ideas tho. I probably can come up with more too. I just need to learn more about the programming side of things. Still, if someone can do these ideas better then me please feel free. I like you like these ideas and think they could be good games. And hopefully one day they will be.

Years
Thanks and I am trying at the moment. My biggest problem is that I have no idea what I'm doing and can't seem to get the doors quiet right. I'm getting stuck when I go indoors. Lol. I have the ideas tho. I probably can come up with more too. I just need to learn more about the programming side of things. Still, if someone can do these ideas better then me please feel free. I like you like these ideas and think they could be good games. And hopefully one day they will be.

Everyone who does something for the first time will of course have no idea what there doing(Unless they're a super genius), but if I may ask, what are you using to make this game, as most people on this forum use RPG Maker XP, or at least that's what I have gathered from the fan games I have played, so maybe not most, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying, and some advise, if you wish to learn faster or make it much easier, then search up tutorials on YouTube, as there are quite a few, though there may not be a lot, I'm sure they can be helpful. I of course will be looking forward to the outcome of your endeavors.

Years
  • Age 38
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 28, 2021
Everyone who does something for the first time will of course have no idea what there doing(Unless they're a super genius), but if I may ask, what are you using to make this game, as most people on this forum use RPG Maker XP, or at least that's what I have gathered from the fan games I have played, so maybe not most, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying, and some advise, if you wish to learn faster or make it much easier, then search up tutorials on YouTube, as there are quite a few, though there may not be a lot, I'm sure they can be helpful. I of course will be looking forward to the outcome of your endeavors.

I also use RPG Maker XP. It's the only one the works with both PSDK and Pokémon Essentials. Essentials has some interesting stuff in it but for some reason it just won't work indoors for me. Maybe when V.18 comes out it will. Hopefully PSDK will be easier.

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
Years
My Pokémon Dream Game:
Pokémon MOBA

-Works similar to other MOBA's out there.
-Players get to play as Pokémon that are catergorized into the following roles Tank, Ninja, Warrior, Sage, Support and Marksman.
-When a player dies, they get to respawn in a Pokémon Center-ish base.
-Equipment Items are based on the existing official items like Eviolite Lucky Gloves, Quick Fang, Mystic Water, Metal Coat, Protector, Electirizer, Eject Button, Air Balloon etc.
-Random treasure will occasionaly spawn in the jungle that act like stat buffs.
-Jungle Monster are Pokemon too, or maybe just special rocks or evil corrupted "shadow" Pokémon.
-As the player gains reaches certain levels level, they have the option to evolve.
-Rage Meter can let players do a Z-Move or Mega-Evolution. RageCandy Bar lets you fill this meter faster
-Defeating the strongest "Jungle Monster" on the map will enable Dynamax to the one who "last hits" it.
-The jungle monster that brings cash buff is Meowth.
-Pokémon Types get simplified like Pokémon TCG types.
-Maps have weather and fast daynight cycle (One day is 5 minutes. Weather Effects usually lasts 20-30 seconds)

I don't know it this will be possible. Considering that it will be an online multiplayer strategy game which means it will need servers (+maintenance).
But if it does. I will be the happiest guy on the entire universe.

Last edited:

Zephdo

Years
If the fan community managed to do a Gym Leader Simulator. How About a DayCare Simulator? What do really happens when a Trainer leaves their Pokémon at a DayCare. Do the Daycare Couple play with our Pokémon? A young kid from Unova once said that the Daycare Couple lets children play with them sometimes? Do Pokémon get hurt when this happens? Let's all find out!

Features:
-You get to manage a Day-Care (+ Salon)
-Pokémon-Amie /Refresh or something similar
-A Pokéathlon-like playground with games
-Pokémon acting like Sims, they need to be feed, to go to toilet, to be washed (No, excuses Rock Ground & Fire Types! Even filthy Trubbish needs to bathe once in a while~) and to be put to sleep. (Pokémon with Insomnia Ability are not an exception!)
- Time-based challenges/ tasks similar to DinerDash?

This is just a DayCare Simulator. How about PokéFarm Simulator? Cafe's, Salons, Pokémon Centers, Factories and even Trainer Schools? It's a small world afterall...(or not.)

Years
If the fan community managed to do a Gym Leader Simulator. How About a DayCare Simulator? What do really happens when a Trainer leaves their Pokémon at a DayCare. Do the Daycare Couple play with our Pokémon? A young kid from Unova once said that the Daycare Couple lets children play with them sometimes? Do Pokémon get hurt when this happens? Let's all find out!

Features:
-You get to manage a Day-Care (+ Salon)
-Pokémon-Amie /Refresh or something similar
-A Pokéathlon-like playground with games
-Pokémon acting like Sims, they need to be feed, to go to toilet, to be washed (No, excuses Rock Ground & Fire Types! Even filthy Trubbish needs to bathe once in a while~) and to be put to sleep. (Pokémon with Insomnia Ability are not an exception!)
- Time-based challenges/ tasks similar to DinerDash?

This is just a DayCare Simulator. How about PokéFarm Simulator? Cafe's, Salons, Pokémon Centers, Factories and even Trainer Schools? It's a small world afterall...(or not.)

I can only say... if you read the pokedex, If i remember correctly, if the flame on Charmanders tail is extinguished it will die, so this idea is not so much a daycare as it is a pokemon slaughterhouse, so lets just change your idea name to "Pokemon Slaughterhouse Simulator", as Charmander is only one Pokemon out of hundreds or thousands who would probably die if this daycare existed, lets hope in this game the pokemon tower has thousands of floors, for all those poor pokemon. RIP Charmander - cause of death = had its tail forcefully extinguished because of an unlicensed. unprofessional. fake daycare worker.

Not that this idea is bad, just people like me probably wont like it.

EDIT:
PokeNews

Pokemon Are Dying!

Pokemon deaths have been on the rise lately ever since a new Pokemon daycare opened up earlier this year, the Pokemon tower in the Lavender Town, was renovated, costing billions of dollars, but thanks to all of these Pokemon deaths, Pokemon burial company's have been making a huge profit, which is probably why this daycare has not been closed down, and with the rise of corrupt government officials, this daycare may never be closed down. If you love your Pokemon, DO NOT send them to this daycare.

In other news...

Last edited:

Zephdo

Years
I can only say... if you read the pokedex, If i remember correctly, if the flame on Charmanders tail is extinguished it will die, so this idea is not so much a daycare as it is a pokemon slaughterhouse, so lets just change your idea name to "Pokemon Slaughterhouse Simulator", as Charmander is only one Pokemon out of hundreds or thousands who would probably die if this daycare existed, lets hope in this game the pokemon tower has thousands of floors, for all those poor pokemon. RIP Charmander - cause of death = had its tail forcefully extinguished because of an unlicensed. unprofessional. fake daycare worker.

Not that this idea is bad, just people like me probably wont like it.

EDIT:
PokeNews

Pokemon Are Dying!

Pokemon deaths have been on the rise lately ever since a new Pokemon daycare opened up earlier this year, the Pokemon tower in the Lavender Town, was renovated, costing billions of dollars, but thanks to all of these Pokemon deaths, Pokemon burial company's have been making a huge profit, which is probably why this daycare has not been closed down, and with the rise of corrupt government officials, this daycare may never be closed down. If you love your Pokemon, DO NOT send them to this daycare.

In other news...

hahahahahahah The anime depicted some fire types going into water tho. E.g Charizard Valley (als. ever heard of sand baths?)

Years
hahahahahahah The anime depicted some fire types going into water tho. E.g Charizard Valley (als. ever heard of sand baths?)

Yes I have heard of sand baths, and sand is ground, and fire types are weak to ground, so again more deaths, but I guess an ice bath would work... even though it would melt into water... and lead to more deaths... Also don't take what the anime says literally, if you watch it properly there are so much inconsistencies, it just wouldn't be right to take anything it says into heart. In fact Pokemon itself is a gold mine for inconsistencies... well long story short don't wash fire types.

Zephdo

Years
Yes I have heard of sand baths, and sand is ground, and fire types are weak to ground, so again more deaths, but I guess an ice bath would work... even though it would melt into water... and lead to more deaths... Also don't take what the anime says literally, if you watch it properly there are so much inconsistencies, it just wouldn't be right to take anything it says into heart. In fact Pokemon itself is a gold mine for inconsistencies... well long story short don't wash fire types.

Pokemon in and on itself is INCONSISTENCY. Wash Fire types.

Years
Pokemon in and on itself is INCONSISTENCY. Wash Fire types.

I love my fire types too much to kill 'em, so I'd rather not. Plus I think they'd be to hot(Temperature wise) to even smell in the first place, or even get dirty for that matter, So I will stick with not being a Pokemon murderer and instead use my Pokemon for murdering instead... Which I guess isn't all that different if I think about it... Well I'll leave that to future me to deal with.

Years
Random Idea:
A game that would be a mix of Moonlighter and Stadew valley you own a farm and with these farm items (berries???) you use then to make food to sell to people at a shop/food store you get items upgrades to farm/store you have to balance the two, the goal of the game is be rich I guess

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
How about Pokemon: Crossing. :P Basically Animal Crossing with Pokemon Gen 5 sprites and instead of villagers, it's pokemon, and you yourself also play as a pokemon. :P It's like pokemon life simulator. You can plant trees, go fishing, catch caterpies and weedles (instead of bugs :P). You could be the king of your town, invite others to it. :P There could be different personalities, etc. :P It would of course have a bunch of differences from AC, but still, it would be pretty cool I think. :P

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
I know its simple, but how about a Game were Effective hits are just 1.5x as strong instead of 2x as strong to ensure competetiv Fun on a New Level, Like you need more then STAB AND EFFECTIV hits

Years
I know its simple, but how about a Game were Effective hits are just 1.5x as strong instead of 2x as strong to ensure competetiv Fun on a New Level, Like you need more then STAB AND EFFECTIV hits

How bout I make a game, where super effective attacks are 1e500CE times more effective? FYI CE = Centillion.

Years
Legendary Service:

Since I never will end up starting a project or actively be a member of one, I'll share some cultural/changes/alterations of the game concept I believe would benefit the pokemon game. You are free to Copy-Paste. Please put the name 'Aurori' somewhere amongst the Credits. Maybe this is for your Pokemon Fan-Game ?

Personal Notes
Spoiler:

———
Root/Cause
Spoiler:

—————
Ingame justifiable Theme
In this new Pokemon World
"Pokemon Wild-life Association"
(Their introduction)
Spoiler:

————
In other words
Spoiler:

Multiplayer Niche
Spoiler:

——
More - ingame options
Spoiler:

Shared & Written by

~ Aurori

Last edited:
Years
I just came up with a GREAT and I mean GREAT idea... SO, I'm sure you know what a shiny is? well, How bout a game that instead makes shiny Pokemon super common and regular Pokemon super rare, change the shiny charm to like a normal charm or something like that, Idk make some random dude ion the game claim that he heard that in other regions shiny Pokemon are super rare and the normal Pokemon in this new region are super rare, and vice versa or some thing along those lines, call the game Pokemon shiny version, put in an Easter egg with me in it(Because that'd be nice), there you go... well make a new game, don't just make a a copy of a red or something like that, that'd be boring and I wouldn't play it, Make a new region a new story, make a new team(add the choice to join and make a branching story(because that's cool)), and wow what a cool game you got there, also add me in the credits for the idea, because god would that be rude, like really rude... God it is hard not swearing in a long idea like this... Anyway it's great, like me(maybe(please(i'm cool right?(jokes(or is it?))))), yep, that's it, you're welcome. :)

Back