• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free-for-all ideas

Years
Shiny Pokemon are meant to be rare. There's no point in reversing the mechanics

sometimes a reverse scenario is fun, and it's a good novelty joke, I still think my idea is great, but you're free to your own opinions I suppose, think what you will, but I will continue thinking this idea is a good one, as I'd still play something like this.

Years
Hi, does anyone want music made for their games? I can make music for your pokemon games. PM me and i'll send you some examples. :)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hi, does anyone want music made for their games? I can make music for your pokemon games. PM me and i'll send you some examples. :)

Hey,

It's good to see you be interested in helping game developers out, but would you mind making a Freelancer post in the Recruitment section instead?

Mr.Paradox

Mr.Paradox
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Pokemon Greek (game idea)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I'm split on ideas for my fangame.
One of my ideas for a fangame is about you fighting off an alien empire from Ultra Space. The story serves as a wrap-up of Gen 7 and 5's story, with closure about the Aether Foundation family and N finding out about his alien parentage explaining his ability to communicate with Pokemon.

Another is about you exploring dreams, allowing for more abstract and surreal visuals and themes than those you would see in a fangame. Think Inception, but as a Pokemon game. For instance, you explore a nerd's dream to figure out a MacGuffin's place in the setting, only to discover the dream is full of inflated duplicates of past Pokemon characters, in a clear shot at some fans.

In all honesty, I'm not sure if both are good ideas at all.

Last edited:
Years
I tend to enjoy planning out ideas i have, rarely actually doing them :P Dont mind if this is used or not in any way.

POKEMON: ABNORMAL

Region: Kanto (Firered)

- Story takes place some time after the official game so will be hints to previous events (also....alternative timeline)

- You pick from a list of protagonists based on the typical younger NPC trainers. They all start with different items that benefit the
types they usually have (alltho you can catch and train any kind). You will be aged 16 which is when you leave the orphanage.

- Starter is a long list of 3 stage pokemons. No official rival. (Storywise orphans get a free pokemon at the age of 10 so they wont be lonely)

- You start in Saffron City as part of an orphanage. You can only heal free here until you become an official trainer. You are
limited in your movement until you become an official trainer. Then the world opens up.

- No rivals, but you can meet story npcs that will hate or ally with you depending on your choices.

- You need a sponsor or money to be able to take the official Pokemon Trainer test.

- Pokecenters are only free for official trainers.

- Pokemon Gyms are difficult and they all have 6 pokemons each. Its something to work towards rather then being
part of the story in a big way. They also have various levels of pokemon that update with each gym you beat.

- TEAM RADICAL: A team created by orphans and used by a rich investor for his personal goals.

- Various storylines where the progress is only limited by how good you are and can be done in any order.
One storyline is the regular one where you become the pokemon champion, another is stopping the plans of TEAM RADICAL.
They are not mixed in with eachother. Considering a storyline involving Mew and ending with catching Mewtwo.

Example: Stage 1 of each storyline might require lvl 10 pokemon. while stage 2 in each storyline requires lvl 30. So doing state 1 of each
storyline makes you progress in levels such that you reach stage 2 easier. But isnt required.

Pokemon: All 151 original kanto pokemons and perhaps some added ones where i want. The catch is that they are all different. Different colors (including shiny), typing (in some cases, or added ones) and movepool. If i were to do this it would be an unbalanced mess...which can also be fun i suppose :P

Examples:

- Venusaur Line: Poison/Grass is already kind of neat so unsure about this one, just altered the looks for now.

BULBASAUR_01.png
IVYSAUR_01.png
VENUSAUR_01.png

- Arbok Line: Added Seviper to the line. Dark/Ground type, more defensive then offensive. New movepool including some few fire skills to get the Jafar vibe :P

EKANS_01.png
SEVIPER.png
ARBOK_01.png

- Poliwrath Line: Changed to Ground(mud theme) / Fighting. Because....I dont think there are that many of that combo.

POLIWAG.png
POLIWHIRL.png
POLIWRATH.png

- Tyranitar Line: Made it....grassy. It can heal now >:)

LARVITAR.png
PUPITAR.png
TYRANITAR.png

- Aggron Line: Unsure about this one, but made it fire/steel with a golden shine.

ARON.png
LAIRON.png
AGGRON.png

- Arcanine Line: No plans so far really...

GROWLITHE_01.png
ARCANINE_01.png

Im fairly limited in my skillsets so the pokemon should technically look altered, like alolan forms, But i can only recolor so far so i have to try to be creative i suppose xD Also originally planned it to be in a new region called Zanark.

This is just what i got so far.

Last edited:

SazuPaiio

Nothing
Years
POKEMON: RED LINE

just dont ask why of that name

A game where you are a kid with familiar problems and your parents doesnt love you so they leave you outside and you decide to be a pokemon trainer starting with a mismagius you found there.

Things:
-Pokemon from 2nd and 3rd gen (All are obtainable)
-High shiny rate (just like a 5% more)
-Legendary events (idk just events with history, for example: You can find rayquaza in the postgame inside a cage [lol] that your dead grandma leave in your room when you were a child)
-A free new region like jotho
-infinite tm uses
-You can quit hm from pokemon if you already have one with that hm
-Hidden places on the map (many of them with rare pokemon)
-NEW HISTORY with a lot of chaos because kyogre and groudon are fighting (when you get the rayquaza you can save the world)
-People steal pokemon to be secure cause theyre afraid (idk)
-FAIRY TYPE
-Pokemon that evolve from trades evolves by stones or by level
-Day/night system
-THE BEST FEATURE: YOU CAN MAKE POKEBALLS (even masterballs) WITH APRICORNS
-Every apricorn has a different chance to appear
-The pokemon league champion is the easiest enemy but in the postgame you will fight with him (or she) and you are going to cry because its going to be the hardest fight in the game haha noob

Last edited:
Years
Had an interesting idea....Perhaps someone has already done it but i havent seen it. I just thought of this and its not exactly planned out or balanced. Its more for fun.

It's basically a evolution stone overhaul. (I made this for gen 3, so some stones are not here)

EVOLUTION STONE: Evolves pokemon, the regular stone you evolve with.
SUN STONE: Evolves some pokemon into a more physically apt form. (focus on attack and or speed)
MOON STONE = Evolves some pokemon into a more mentally strong form. (focus on special atk and/or special defense)
HARDENED STONE: Evolves some pokemon into a more physically defensive form. (focus on hp and/or defense)
MYSTIC STONE: Evolves some pokemon into a more mentally defensive form. (focus on hp and/or special defense)
MUTATION STONE: Evolves some pokemon into a different type / switches turns it into a complete opposite of regular perhaps.

Example:

EKANS (Poison)
Intimidate / Shed Skin

ARBOK (Poison) (lvl 22)
Intimidate / Shed Skin
+15 ATTACK
-10 DEFENSE / SPECIAL DEFENSE
Intimidate / Shed Skin
+Poison Fang (lvl 30)
+Poison Tail (lvl 46)

ARACONDRA (Poison/Dark) (HARDENED STONE)
Intimidate / Rough Skin
+30 SPECIAL DEFENSE
-15 ATTACK / SPECIAL ATTACK
+Acid Armor

MECHONDRA (Steel/Fire) (MOON STONE)
Intimidate / Flame Body
+30 SPECIAL ATTACK
-15 ATTACK / SPEED
+ Flamethrower
+ Fire Fang
+ Iron Tail
+ Metal Sound

Not finished but you basically get a offensive pokemon if you choose not to evolve it further and a defensive one if you use HARDENED STONE, and a more special attack focused one by using MOON STONE (or mutation stone maybe for type change) Numbers are not balanced, its just an idea :P

Another fun one could be Chari....zand. Ground/Flying :D
Pidg...elant....Fighting/Flying....Y'know, like Pugilant.....Ugh i should stop...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Mechanics ideas:
* Missing with a pokeball doesn't mean losing the pokeball, you just go and pick it up after the fight is concluded.
* After you beat another trainer, you can offer to buy one of their pokemon, if you have the money.
* Some cities have 'breeder outlets', where you can buy level 1 pokemon (some not easily available in the wild).
* Instead of each move having its own PP, pokemon now have a general 'power bar', which all the moves draw from.
* Most pokemon evolve gradually (eg, There's no evolution between Bulbasaur/Ivysaur/Venosaur, just the flower gradually opening), rather than in leaps.

Game idea:
Our protagonist wakes up in an alleyway, with no memory, and no possessions, and only an unexpectedly friendly Meowth for comfort. Calling himself John/Jane, he/she travels the region, searching for a purpose. He/she becomes more and more disturbed, however, when high-ranking members of Team Rocket (or whatever the local criminal group is called) seem to know him/her by name. Finally, after visiting a psychic with a Kadabra, he/she recovers pieces of memory, including his/her name, Jake/Jaquelin Donovan. Going to a location that seems to feature prominently in his memories, he comes face to face with a 'Mr Julian', whom the Meowth reacts very negatively too. Getting into a fight Jake/Jaquelin eventually wins, forcing 'Mr Julian' to use his Alakazam to restore his/her memories. As it turns out, he/she is the son/daughter of the notorious crime lord, James "Big Jim" Donovan. The police then turn up, and Jake/Jaquelin is forced to make a choice, go willingly and confess, or make a run for it, and try to rebuild his/her father's criminal empire.

Last edited:

Lou Dingo

the artist formerly known as eboxiv
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
How about a game where you can choose a trainer class at the beginning of the game, kind of like in pokemon crystal clear where there are many characters to choose from.
but it won't just change your appearance but also modify your catch and encounter rates, with each one having benefits and negatives.

e.g. if you pick the fisherman you can more easily encounter, catch and breed water pokemon and maybe get a boost on water moves but on the other hand you have modifiers that lower the stats and rates for fire pokemon. maybe you get discount prizes for items that fit your specialization.

there should be one trainer class for each type with one female and one male version.
then there is of course the regular pokemon trainer class with the balanced original stats.

npcs could also react differently to you and give you matching items, tutor different moves, and maybe some areas are only available to certain classes like club houses or something like that.

please let me know if something like that already exists in any fan gme, i would really like to see how much it affects the game and if it makes you want to replay a game with another class

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
How about a game where you can choose a trainer class at the beginning of the game, kind of like in pokemon crystal clear where there are many characters to choose from.
but it won't just change your appearance but also modify your catch and encounter rates, with each one having benefits and negatives.

e.g. if you pick the fisherman you can more easily encounter, catch and breed water pokemon and maybe get a boost on water moves but on the other hand you have modifiers that lower the stats and rates for fire pokemon. maybe you get discount prizes for items that fit your specialization.

there should be one trainer class for each type with one female and one male version.
then there is of course the regular pokemon trainer class with the balanced original stats.

npcs could also react differently to you and give you matching items, tutor different moves, and maybe some areas are only available to certain classes like club houses or something like that.

please let me know if something like that already exists in any fan gme, i would really like to see how much it affects the game and if it makes you want to replay a game with another class
It's an interesting idea, but sort of defeats the 'gotta catch 'em all' theme of most games doesn't it?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 17, 2021
Hmm let me think...

How about a game in the Pokémon world where you start off as the villain(like Pokémon team rocket edition) but instead of just being a grunt you start your very own crime syndicate. Maybe you still keep a public face as a trainer but you're really a mob boss. Damn, I sound like I'm 12 xD just a thought though. LOL

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
My idea for a Pokémon game is that Team Rainbow Rocket gets disbanded, but then you, a teen that just recently started out on a journey, see them jumping into Ultra Wormholes, and all of them are going to their own regions, like Giovanni and a couple of Team Rocket grunts go to Kanto and Johto, but they go into the dimension where Red/Green/Kris/Lyra/Gold/May/Brendan/Lucas/Dawn/Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa/Calem/Serena/ are on their journeys where they are still defeating them while on their journeys... You, not thinking before doing, leap into one of the Ultra Wormholes and go into different regions. You get to team up with the main protagonists and try help them defeat the team that were succesful to what they were trying to do. You get to go to different regions and battle one or two gyms per region depending on your choices. The difficulty for most of the battles are normal Pokémon difficulty except for the team grunts, admins and bosses since like I said, they were successfully able to do their main objective.

Team Skull and Yell, and their respective regions are not in the game since they are PUSHOVERS. Maybe add in the "evil" corporate companies for post game.

About the league and stuff, where you are originally from, a new region allows ANY badge from ANY region, but you have to still get 8 badges.

If anyone makes this into a demo, no credit needed, just DM/PM me when there is a demo since I would love to play it.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 12, 2021
Is there going to be a hack with all gen 8 regions and all gen8 pokemon evil teams and rivals pokemon movies and anime in the future?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 9, 2021
1.Open world with Players choose picking what starter Pokemon they want similar to Pokemon Crystal Clear Fan Made. If you don't Know what that is check it out. There's a link below https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki....mon Crystal Clear is a,want in Kanto or Johto.
2.Having a Trade Online Feature like in Pokemon Insurgence were you can trade get a Pokemon you want from other players.
3.Pokemon that have different types (example Starmie steel,fire and ice).
4.I don't remember made fan made Pokemon game it was but you are able to buy houses.
5.All legendary Pokemon including gen7 and gen8.
6.Puzzles to make it harder to reach a type of Pokemon.
7.Different of of factions--Team Rocket,Team plasma and so on.
8.Able to have and use all 6 Mega Pokemon

Last edited:
Back