• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friends?

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Do you have any friends at school or work that play Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    Actually, I just started getting back into Pokemon after 12 years and I got my friend to join with me. Now it's most of my friends favorite activities when they come over is to just to sit and watch me play for hours haha

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
    Years
    For nostalgia, we tend to watch old episodes and catch up on the newer series but most of my friends tend to enjoy the classics because it was their era but I don't think they're particularly interested as I am.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    I have a couple friends into Pokemon that I'm still hanging around on a regular basis.
    One is the most into it you can possibly get. Everyday I'm hearing what items he picked up on SS or how many levels his Chikorita gained.
    The other is an elitist. You know - Gen IV+ sucks, that sort of thing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    When I went to get B/W I went with my boyfriend and 3 mutual friends to all get it on the release day. They don't really play or keep up with it anymore except for what I tell them about it, haha.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Maybe a friend or two, but I don't know about it. My friend and I draw Pokemon in our chemistry class since we get absolutely bored and we started battling, by drawing. I can assume he at least keeps up with Pokemon, though I never talk about it. I did come up with a good pun when we were doing electrochemistry about electrodes/batteries and Electrodes.

For the majority of my friends, they used to, but not anymore. Pokemon isn't good for conversation when no one knows what you're talking about, anyway.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Unfortunately, no. However, I do happen to have 1 friend, but he's more into dating than Pokemon.

Years
    A lot of my friends use to play Pokemon.
    We always use to battle each other around the GBA era, but as we grew up we couldn't be bothered with it as such anymore.

I hope to change this.​

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I have a couple of friends from high school who still play the games. I also have another friend who's a fan of the series, but has only played until 3rd Gen, if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, she's happy to discuss the newer stuff with me now and then, and still gets quite excited whenever the older series are brought up, haha.

Years
    My old room mate is a huge fan of Pokemon. We used to play the TCG together and we often talked about our breeding projects on the DS systems too. My best friend also plays the TCG but he's not into the video games.

CyanFlame

Gotta get the sauce
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    Sadly, I only have my younger brother and his friend to hang out with... I have no one on my grade level...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My old uni room-mate was actually the guy who got me back into Pokemon. He kept telling me about EVs and Base Stats and the Physical/Special shift in Gen IV (he's an economist, so this sort of thing really interested him) and convinced me to buy Black version and, by proxy, come back to PC. Apart from him, however, most of my friends only look back on Pokemon with fond nostalgia. Most of them stopped playing the games after Gold and Silver, and stopped watching the anime long before then.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i have a friend that plays pokemon, but he rushed through the game so fast that he gave me his game when he was done. thanks to him i got a free pokemon black and perhaps black 2 or white 2 after it comes out and hes done with it!

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
    Pokémon stopped being cool when we became 12, I guess. I secretly kept playing though, and have recently tried to urge my friends into getting the ROMs and reliving their childhoods.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    MANY of my friends play Pokemon, or at least like the Pokemon themselves. It was because I was wearing a Charizard shirt that I met my best friend, actually :P My boyfriend also plays, sometimes he takes it way too seriously XD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I have quite a few number of friends who enjoys playing Pokemon. I don't think they stayed with the franchise as long as I did though, but they at least know a bit about B/W.

One of my friends who used to play Pokemon told me that Pokemon are like pets except you keep them inside your balls and they come out when they want to play. I don't know why he said that, I really don't know.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I wish I had friends to play Pokemon with, I used to have a neighbour, but moved out we played the first 3 gens together, I planned to stop after gen 3 but Pokemon has fixed a firm grip on me, I don't think its ever going to let go!

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I've got one or two close friends that still play it. If there's people around me that still play it, anyway I'm not cognizant of it, since I don't tell anyone else that I love Pokémon. And I guess people that still play Pokémon around me does the same...

Derpy.H

Derpy - The Ponymon Elite
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2013
    I only have 1 friend that also plays pokemon. And boy, when we get into a pokemon chat.. let us just say we normally get into an argument over the best pokemon, hehe.

Back