• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fullmetal Alchemist

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    That I have to agree with. I only watch the first series for the lulz, but if you ask me to watch the whole series from square one, I can only tell you that I won't, and can't do it. D:

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    I love that series . . the manga,the characters and the story are awesome. and fma brotherhood is really follow the manga story :3

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    If you've started Brotherhood, don't even bother watching the whole first series. It's a butcher-job of the FMA storyline and fails at keeping the appropriate atmosphere from the manga. That said, the first series is quite decent by itself (the whole reason it is popular in the first place is because most watchers haven't seen the superior manga), but once you've "seen the light" by watching Brotherhood, you can't quite enjoy the first anime anymore without facepalming at stuff like Dante and Frank "Terminator" Archer.

Fullmetal Alchemist
    Oh....is that so.. Okay no problem. I really didn't know that.

Anyways, the last episode(I mean the latest FMAB episode) was really terrific! I didn't knew who the 'father' was and so I tried to guess who it may be. And it turns out that my guess was totally true(the father was actually a father of two people. Not gonna say who they are! XD)! I gotta say that this series is all about deep storyline and some really BIG twists! Everytime I watch a new episode, I keep asking for more. I sometimes wish that the whole week ends soon. :P

FMAB Rocks!!

EDIT: the father was actually a father of two people. Not gonna say who they are! XD
    These lines were a goof up from my part. I checked out wikipedia and found that 'father' and 'hohenheim' were two different people and I thought them to be the same person! XD

Last edited:

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I only watched the old version, but I'm going to check out Brotherhood soon. The Homunculi <3

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Brotherhood is by far a better series than the 1st. Since it follows the manga, and it has more story to it than it does in the first series. I watched Episodes 28 today, and I loved it! haha

Halfwit

Super Monk
    Years
    @crusher: I think you're supposed to think that q: tricksy plotline.

I am a bit of an FMA fan.. I do love the first animé, though it petered off towards the end and the less said about the movie, the better. I do think that for what the animators were given, and the route they took with it.. considering, they did pretty damn well, and the two-worlds thing was an interesting concept to say the least. Lol roboarcher.

However, yes, I do prefer the manga, and Brotherhood is handled pretty well as a retelling of it.
    Thought the manga was only going to be 100 chapters though, and was wondering how it'd be wrapped up.. not that I'm complaining that it's going on for longer :v

I am ridiculously excited to see Kimbley show up in his clockwork orange attire in Brotherhood, because I am a sad bean.
    He, Greed and Lin are my favourite characters. And I know I spell Kimbley wrong, but "Kimblee" looks like something you'd shout on a rollarcoaster :c
    Hell, I only stopped spelling "Lin" as "Ling" recently.. silly manga frame with the wristband throwing me off D:

ソラ

Years
    Lol Ling is awesome, and Greed/Ling is better than the old greed imo.

derozio

Years
    Greed/Ling is better than the old greed imo.
    Yeah. I agree with you on this one. xD

This series(brotherhood) is just getting more and more interesting as the time passes by. :O I just watched the last episode on friday. I really liked the part where Scar kills Marcoh and writes 'Vengence' on the walls with his blood. Really interesting....

(BTW, I always end up liking all the EDs of Brotherhood. All three of them are simply amazing! =D)

ソラ

Years
    Yeah. I agree with you on this one. xD

This series(brotherhood) is just getting more and more interesting as the time passes by. :O I just watched the last episode on friday. I really liked the part where Scar kills Marcoh and writes 'Vengence' on the walls with his blood. Really interesting....

(BTW, I always end up liking all the EDs of Brotherhood. All three of them are simply amazing! =D)
    I KNOW! I can feel that brotherhood is gonna get more intense than the other anime in a few episodes, I watched Ep 31 last night, haha I liked it, I loved the 1st anime, but the 2nd one is my favorite out of all of them. I want to see 32 nao!! xD

Years
    Well....I don't think it's hard to tell that I like FMA, looking at my username... >_>(shouldn't be that hard, anyway...)

Also, yes, Brotherhood is win indeed. I still like the original series, because without it, I might not even know about FMA. Still...Brotherhood > original, in all ways(and is it just me, or is Brotherhood a bit more violent/graphic than the original ever was?). I don't really like how they

Spoiler:

in Brotherhood though...to me, it just made him look weak.

I really liked the part where Scar kills Marcoh and writes 'Vengence' on the walls with his blood. Really interesting....

Hmmm...Uh, did he >_>;

And yeah, the OPs/EDs are all amazing.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
    Watch Episode 31 to find out if that is Marcoh >_>
    Watched it. Yeah, you were right. He isn't marcoh. xD

The show's getting really exciting as the episodes are getting shown day by day. Also, Kimblee's finally out. That guy's superbly insane! I still <3 him though. xD

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Ah, Pimp!Kimblee is probably one of the best things about the manga/Brotherhood.

EDIT: Damn, I wanna see Olivia and the Briggs Crew! They showed up at the opening, it's time to let them get their share of epicness! >3

derozio

Years
    Yeah. Even I wanna see the Briggs crew. ^o^
    Kimblee's totally awesome!! I really liked how he transmuted a toy instead of a bomb(in 31st ep). It was funny! xD

The last ep was also really nice. I just wanna see the next episode as soon as I can. I can't wait to see it. ;_;

Green ~

Needs A New Sketch Book T_T
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2010
    Yeah. Even I wanna see the Briggs crew. ^o^

The last ep was also really nice. I just wanna see the next episode as soon as I can. I can't wait to see it. ;_;

I believe they already have 'till episode 33 already.By then ...

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

derozio

Years
    I've seen them. They were really fantastic. Especially General Armstrong. She was ferocious! I really loved her! xD

And this is the first time I've seen Sloth(from the manga) in action. He's soo weird. Nearly everything bothers him. O_o

Back