• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funimation voice actor dies O_O WHAT!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
    Jerry Jewell, anyone remember him? i most remember him from fullmetal alchemist as berry the chopper...but he has also done

Taira from BECK:mongolion chop squad
    Rin from Shuffle!
    Zelmen Clock from Black Blood brothers
    Sadachiyo from Lupin III: the secret of twilight gemini

i mean, am i the only one shocked at this....he was a pretty decent voice actor, and he just died in a car crash like, last week.

Years
    Really? That is terrible. I think he was a talented voice actor. He played Barry the Chopper from Fullmetal Alchemist and Jin from Yu Yu Hakusho excellently.

RIP Jerry Jewell

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    People die, nothing more to it.

Seems he's had some pretty important dubbing roles though, but since I oppose the notion of dubbing... meh.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    People die, nothing more to it.

Seems he's had some pretty important dubbing roles though, but since I oppose the notion of dubbing... meh.

Your compassion is overwhelming, really. I really wish my heart was as big as yours.

I don't really know who he is, but it's pretty sad he died, especially in a car crash.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Your compassion is overwhelming, really. I really wish my heart was as big as yours.
    Indeed I am a heartless bastard; but really, someone dies at least every second, what can you expect anyone to do? Mourn them too? I'd rather concentrate on making sure I don't die next.

Last edited:

Orange-kun

ALL HAIL LELOUCH
    Years
    Indeed I am a heartless bastard; but really, someone dies at least every second, what can you expect anyone to do? Mourn them too? I'd rather concentrate on making sure I don't die next.

You are my hero and who really cares he did not do anything important so who cares

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
    Whoa...****. The man was a good actor. Requiescat in pace and all that.

The trouble here is similar to Heath Ledger; he was meant to be doing the voice of Kaku in One Piece. To the best of my knowledge, he only managed to record lines for Unlimited Adventure. FUNi will doubtlessly recast it, but I get the feeling One Piece is now cursed; the VA for Gan Fall died before work could be completed too.

Though I would like to see a link to back this up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    From Greg Ayers himself from his own Myspace page.
    Funimation voice actor dies O_O WHAT!?

Ha, Wikipedia's page on him doesn't say he's dead either.
    Now, that cold-hearted attitude I expressed earlier shall be transfered to whoever started the thing.

Tsukuyomi

fly.me.to.the.moon.
    Years
    Great. Now I feel like a fool. Although I don't really get why people make their condolences. Do they honestly think they'll be able to feel their sympathy from the as-of-yet-undecided afterlife? I may sound heartless, but the relatives of the deceased aren't going to scour Pokemon forums for comfort.

Yes, because English is terrible, isn't it? What moron made that language up?

Zenoah

Hop along to the cowboy beat.
    Years
    I was wondering why I heard nothing on Kyle Hebert's LJ. Him being a VA too Im sure he'd know and he'd deffinetly say something.
    I belive Greg, since him and Jerry have worked with Funimation. It was just some lame rumour someone heard/made up.
    Dont worry about it anymore guys, Jerry is alive and well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yes, because English is terrible, isn't it? What moron made that language up?
    The many morons that assailed the British Isles.
    Indeed English is terrible — a turbid mix of Latin (from the Romans), French (from the Normans) and Germanic (from the Vikings/Saxons).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My, how off-topic.

So why do you speak it? Or is this compared to the awesome Japanese language?
    I speak it because I am English and know no other, but also because this is an English message board.
    Japanese is similarly terrible as English, with so many loanwords and a writing system unable to display them correctly; I favour artificial international auxiliary languages such as Esperanto, for their uniformity and relative ease of comprehension.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Kay guys, I think you should simmer down a bit. :| Languages are languages, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion on it.

Seeing as Jerry isn't dead, I really don't see much reason for this thread to remain open.

My condolences for the "brilliant" individual who decided to spread such a morbid rumor. Heaven knows they need the sentiment.

-closed-

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back