• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funniest moment while battling

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    For me, it would be when I was playing on Pokemon Online, and using Vaporeon, and she was offensive specced. My opponent goes "Offensive Vappy? Oh god why?!", then my Vappy proceeds to KO one of his pokemon (forgot which one), followed by his Hydreigon. He immediately RQ's and logs off xD

Note to mods: If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it. I was going to post it in Competitive Battling, but this isn't a discussion about strategy or anything, so I figured it would fit better here.

Never Silent

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • I had just hatched my Togepi egg in Platinum, and I was going about with my other Pokémon while Togepi had Exp. Share. I ran into a trainer who had a Houndoom, and it used Roar, so Togepi had to come out at level 2. I used Metronome and got a move that was super-effective, a critical hit, and apparently I was just lucky, because it was a one-hit KO. My eye was twitching all the while as Togepi went up about 15 levels. XD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Gonna kick this over to PGC because although you're speaking about competitive battling, most people are going to answer this in the context of in-game and in fact already have. Feel free to make a more competitive oriented one in CBC though since they do allow for discussion, such as best forfeit or unusual wins or something along those lines! :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • In FireRed, I beat Lt. Surge's weakened Raichu with a lower leveled Rattata's Quick Attack.

In Pokemon Online, first I burned an incoming Breloom with Jellicent's Scald (Toxic Orb hadn't activated yet). In the same match, I OHKOed an opposing Reuniclus with Conkeldurr's +1 Stone Edge (critical hit).

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • I often had funny moments with my Focus Sash'd Gengar. I troll'd noobs to no end using Counter on their 1st attempt to attack and then Destiny Bonding a 2nd 'mon to the grave.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Funniest moment? Hmm... I was on end of the Victory Road and I had to battle with some trainer. She had Ghost-type Pokémon and I had high-leveled Blaziken and 5 low-leveled random Pokémon. Blaziken was out of Fire-type moves and it had only Normal-type moves left. I was out of Ethers so it was stressing moment. I had to use my low leveled Pokémon against her ~50lvl Pokémon. I managed to win because her attacks didn't have effect on my Pokémon. It was pretty funny.

Years
  • Whenever I battle ghost types and I already inflicted damage to their HP and they use Curse and kill themselves lolol.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • In Yellow when my Level 10/11/12 Bulbasaur beat Giovannis Level 55 Nidoqueen & Nidoking, I think it was a glitch but the ONLY move that they would use was tail whip or some stat reducing/enhancing move and grew to level 24!

Years
  • I often had funny moments with my Focus Sash'd Gengar. I troll'd noobs to no end using Counter on their 1st attempt to attack and then Destiny Bonding a 2nd 'mon to the grave.

Oh, gosh. I need that Gengar.

I had a moment when I used 999 Ultraballs on Regigigas, but couldn't catch it?

The funniest thing I could think of is when I got a critical hit Mach Punch from my Monferno on my first Shiny, Starly.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I'm going to come up with a set for the Gengar now, I want it!

For a good funny moment, it would have to be using hidden power ghost, thinking it was hidden power dark. Yeah, I was fighting a bunch of Snorlax without even realizing it. o~O

Years
  • If we go way back into the original Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver for the Gameboy Color time, I've got a story that you might like.

My bro and I had just got the games, and we were in our respective rooms playing though them. Later that night, my brother came into my room and said that he had just got his first badge (which I had also obtained). He wanted to do a quick link battle because "now that I have my first badge, I am awesome."

I didn't have many Pokémon at the time, so I agreed thinking I would loose and just feed his ego.

Anyway, durring the fight, I was able to knock out a few of his Pokémon and he the same to me. At the end, it was his starter (Cyndaquil) VS my Metapod.

Since I caught Metapod as a Metapod and didn't level it up, it only knew Harden, so I did all I could do, which was Harden every single turn.

By the end of the match, Cyndaquil was ding at max 1 HP worth of damage to Metapod. While I didn't win, it was quite funny to see the battle last for like 10 minutes just on those two alone.

GibbyGibson

Wyaxx

Holy poffins!
    Years
  • I had just hatched my Togepi egg in Platinum, and I was going about with my other Pokémon while Togepi had Exp. Share. I ran into a trainer who had a Houndoom, and it used Roar, so Togepi had to come out at level 2. I used Metronome and got a move that was super-effective, a critical hit, and apparently I was just lucky, because it was a one-hit KO. My eye was twitching all the while as Togepi went up about 15 levels. XD

I'd have taken Togepi out for some ice cream after that, haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When I was battling my sister, she was a bit above my level cause I wasn't as far in the game as her, but she didn't have anything that could hit my Shedinja. So yeah. Level 26 Shedinja using Cut and Leech Life all out on this level 40 Swampert who couldn't do a damn thing about it. She cried and got mad I wouldn't switch Pokemon so she pulled the plug, lol.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    My friends and I are playing on PO right and we have agreed that every team must have 2 unique movesets.

My opponent's face when his Blissey gets 2HKO'd by Flare Blitz Ninetales and then later getting swept by my Weak Armor Swords Dancing Skarmory.

Fun times, fun times.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    It was when I was little, around seven years old, and I was playing my Crystal version. I was finally at Claire's last Pokemon, her Kingdra, and she just knocked out my fifth Pokemon. I had gotten so frustrated over this because I never could beat her. Ever. So I knew I was going to lose, especially when all I had was my level 2 Pidgey left where all it knew was Fly and Tackle. Her Kingdra had about 1-5 HP left at most, but it was faster than all of my Pokemon. I sent out my Pidgey, told it to use Tackle, knowing I would die. Then I saw the ever wonderful phrase "Kindra must recharge!". I forgot it used Hyper Beam on my Feraligatr, and then my Pidgey's Tackle knocked it out. I was laughing and crying at the same time.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    ^

If that would have happened to me, I would have trained that Pidgey along with the rest of my team, just because of that battle. I mean, it deserved to be trained.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • When I played Crystal and I taught my newly hatched Togepi Rollout. I went to battle Morty just to see how much I need to level up, and he KO'd all my Pokemon except Togepi. I then realized Morty's Pokemon couldn't touch a Normal-type Pokemon, and trolled his Haunter and Gengar with Rollout until I defeated him. :D

Back