• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fusions suck. (Rashoumon's Pixel Gallery)

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
  • Hopefully the title caught your attention.
    WIP WIP WIP

Shiny Luxray gijinka type thing with a background and TANKUBOA.

Tangrowth gijinka. Should I work on this anymore?

Predecessor to the Tangrowth one, an OC of mine. Probably not continuing this

YES POKEY IS THIN DEAL WITH IT. Dunno if I'll continue this either, because I can't shade clothing ffff-

Finished

^Four MOTHER-based fakemon, one a Spiritomb evo. (Also, to the mod with the Masked Man avatar... Did you draw that? If so, I want to have your babies)

I don't really have anything else that isn't old, so this is all you're getting.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    I always love a thread that contains pixel art and not just sprites and/or tilesets.

Your pixelling job is outstanding, particularly with the shading, but there are several anatomy issues, namely with the Luxray gijinka's wrist/hand and the arms/hips/legs on the bottom one. I think you're doing well on the clothes-shading on that one, it's the anatomy that needs work. :3

I'm assuming the Tangrowth one is a bit messy due to it being a WIP? Other than that, the shading you've done on it thus far is really nice.

Some of the lines are a bit chunky on the OC, especially on the horns/ears, and the shading on the horns is a bit chunky, too, but other than that, I think that's the best one. The detail and the dithering are excellent!

Years
  • *_* Ooo I just saw this on another forum.

I really like all of them! But you're gonna get that alot around here.

So, what exactly are those little...floaty glowy thingies by the Shiny Luxray? They look like they would glow. Seeing from the rough background she looks like she's actually in an environment, but her shading seems very static, like she's not a part of it. The purple colors make me feel like it's night, but she looks like she's got perfect lighting and just...there. I know she's supposed to be the main focus and stand out, but it should tie into the background too or there isn't much of a point of it being there, ya know what I mean?

I like the Tangrowth one, but when I had a quick look over it I couldn't tell that is was supposed to be a Tangrowth. Most likely it's the mix of the hair (shiny and normal I presume?) but I think the stands of hair should be... not quite slimmer but more of the same thickness all around. If it were to be more like a Tangrowth, in my opinion.

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
  • Which forum? My pixelart gets around...
    As far as the Luxray chick goes... I've been trying to find a way to tie her into the floaty things (ball lightning) using the shading/lighting, and I'm looking for advice on that, so if you have suggestions/paintovers, feel free to say so.
    The background colors aren't solidified yet, and I do need to find a way to work the bg and the main focus together, and that's another thing I'm having trouble with. The Luxray started out being a simple character until I decided to fancy her up with a background.
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. And yeah, anatomy is a big pain for me, especially on guys. D:

Years
  • Very nice, how much? (Just got done watching Borat). It's good to see someone who draws her pixel art. Its all very good.

Now, on to the crit. The Luxray one, overall, I think is your best. It has good shading and colors, good outlining, and good shape. The hand, though, is at an awkward angle and should probably be changed to a more natural one. The hair could be a little more detailed. The almost solid one-shade of dark blue would look better if there was a darker shade added in their to show more detail. Her left arm almost seems to be MIA. It would be wise to make it appear, or at least make her shoulder a bit more prevalent. The background is obviously not done, so I won't comment on that (though I will ask about the war picture. Seriously, whats up with that?).

Now, onto the Tangrowth thing. It is really good so far. The colors are a good scheme for it. The shape is fairly good, too, and the shading is pretty good. Now, the hair doesn't really seem to be coming from her head, but rather a wig with absolutely no definition as to where the hair is supposed to come from. I know it is a WIP, but try making the hair look like it is coming from her head. the upper-most part of the left side of her hair also seems a little chopped off. I would recommend rounding it just a little more.

The blue demon-thing is probably your best shaded work. It is absolutely phenomenal. The shape is okay, but could probably be better if the ears were a little smaller and the head was a little wider. The hair is much better than the Tangrowth one. It actually looks like it is coming out of her head and follows a normal hairline. The only thing wrong is the left side is missing a bit of detail compared to the rest. the horns are good, but the look just a little flat, and they seem to disappear into her hair. Now, the thing that I really don't like about this piece is the mouth. It is really awkward, and generally doesn't fit the pose. It is at an extremely odd angle, too. I would recommend redoing it to fit the angle more, mainly by widening it, or scrapping the mouth altogether and making a somewhat evil grin type thing. The tendon on the neck is perhaps a little too prevalent and should be toned down. As such, the necklace thing should also be adjusted to the tendons, since it appears to actually stretch around the neck.

Now, onto the next piece. It is fairly decent so far. The folds in the arm bands are great so far, and the shirt is coming along well. The hand, though, is at an odd angle. Try straightening it out to match the angle of the forearm. I would also recommend making the hoodie appear not as skin-tight as it is now. Also, the left thigh looks really flat at this moment.

As an overall suggestion, there are some anatomy problems, too. For one, forearms are longer than biceps/triceps. Second, necks usually aren't that long and thin at the same time. Third, and finally, if you do all tendons like the ones in the precursor to Tangrowth, they should not be so extreme.

Overall, really good. I would love to see these works finished.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    These are..."interesting"
    Your post is crap. Never mind that you only have written 3 words (the rules require at least 4), but you've also neglected to provide constructive criticism, another rule that you've neglected to follow.
    love your work. Its unique and pretty.
    You as well have failed to provide constructive criticism in your post.

Listen, if you're going to post in the Pixel Art section, give reasons as to why you like or dislike the member's work.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hopefully the title caught your attention.
    WIP WIP WIP

Shiny Luxray gijinka type thing with a background and TANKUBOA.
    I like how you have the intricately designed gijinka with the simple background... it really makes it stand out... i'll give you a plus there...

...but to be honest... the anatomy, as formentioned, is a bit off... firstly, it seems as if the torso is a bit stretched... enlongated... and thinned...last time i checked... legs are not thicker than torsos... you get what i mean? also i agree with Lornami, the wrist is kinda kinked in an awkward postition... and is a bit thin... you could probably solve that by widening it by a few pixels... and the hand... that's a sore point for me... it's got a contorted look... the thumb is mispositioned... it needs to be pulled down a bit...

her head and neck have a strange stretch going on there... her neck appears to almost be too long...

The SHADING:

The shading here is a key element... especially since it gives off the perception of fur...

You give off a very neat effect with your shading... but you have confusing and conflicting light sources... it appears as if there's a source coming from the top left... which i would assume be the fireball... and a source coming from the rightside... the other fireball, but addtionally a source coming from in front of the face... her little fur tufts coming from the shoulders seem to be a good start to explain... the left one is illuminated all over, top and bottom... since the light source is coming from above... it would make more sence that the bottom of the tuft isn't illuminated... the reverse could be said for the right the tuft... since the light source is below it... the top shouldn't be illuminated as much...

next, her breasts have a strange shading deal going there... in attempt to show roundness, you made the left one too light. The right one is also lit up, but from an unseeable light source... as for the tags on them... they seem to look alright from a stand back point... but upon looking closer... the shading's a bit choppy, and the right one should be a more illuminated by the lightsource...

as for her torso... it's nicely done ^_^ great job shading that...

the hand's a bit undershaded... it's very flat looking...

her legs are nicely done, good job there...

and her hair... you give all that attention to detail on the fur, but you didn't give the same effect to the hair! I think you could have done more with that...

Remember, it is all artist's choice in their design features... i am only giving my opinnion... I still LOVE this work! It is very beautiful, thought provoking and interesting all around... take my suggestions sparingly, don't get discouraged or mad at me... i'm sorry i'm such a hard butt (no swearing...) to little details... but in my line of work, small character spriting, those little details make ALL the difference...

Keep up the amazing work!

(Keep Spriting!>

>pant pant< i'm pooped after writing all of that... i'll crit the other ones later... ;)

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Your pixel art is amazing! The outlines and shading are flawless! I don't see anything I could criticize. Actually the only thing that could be changed would be on Pokey. If you brought the legs together it might look better. But I'm not good with anatomy. I hope to see more soon because these are great!

Back