• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future Band! 0_0 - Shotgun Suicide

Years
  • During school, my best childhood, Taylor and I have been thinking for a long time about a band to put together within a few years. All the basic information is listed below, most of this information still hasen't passed verification. My name isn't really Skippy, my friends have called me that for a long time. The problem here though, no vocalist, we're still thinking on that. I've thought of an instrumental band till a vocalist will be hired, though Connor (another friend) wanted to do lead vocals but I also want him to play bass. Never mind about that and just read the info.

Current line-up (Confirmed):
    Taylor - Drums
    Ash (me) - Guitar

Still verifying
    Connor - Bass
    John - Samples/Electronics/Media (maybe)

Band Name: Shotgun Suicide

Genre of music: I've been thing about this, so far, I think we should be an experimental metal band (maybe changed but I'm gonna see what will happen...)

Forming date: between 2009-2012

Think we should do better? Please tell me in your post:D

Last edited:

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    It seems like a relatively good idea, just as long as you don't copy a band name, because I've heard of a band being called a very similar name, and copy rights could come into it.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Well, I you have the right member, tools, appliances and intruments, there's no reason that you should hinder your progress! Just make sure you follow the rules and regulations. I like rock you know, so go ahead!

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • Awesome, guys. Bands are always fun to be in, especially when they're actually your band, and not some lame school one. Just remember that starting one isn't as easy as it seems; even if you're expecting some kind of trouble, it's usually double what you're ready for.

A few suggestions, though:

If I were you, I definitely wouldn't start a metal band. Or anything like that. I know some people may like it, but trust me: a lot of people don't. The point of a band (if you're trying to go anywhere with it) is to play music that people enjoy.

But don't get my wrong. If you're just jamming for the sake of jamming, play whatever you like. But, c'mon... who doesn't want to become famous, hm? We can deny it all we want, but there's always a little crave for fame inside us.

Anyway, that said, good luck with your band! And don't forget what I said; hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.

Lusankya

The cake is a pie!
    Years
  • If you can get a vocalist though, that'd probably be easier on the players. You already have a bass, so I would say, unless you think instrumental would be better, that you should have be the vocalist.

Also of issue here is whether this is just for fun or you want to go somewhere with it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Remember the Bass is as important as the Guitar, so make sure whoever is doing that REALLY knows it.

It is possible to do vocals and an instrument at the same time, but it takes up more energy and brain work, thus, all of you's brains will implode if your songs are longer than 3 minutes.

And if you get desperate, I play the Bass :).

Which reminds me, I need to go play GHIII.

Years
  • A few suggestions, though:

If I were you, I definitely wouldn't start a metal band. Or anything like that. I know some people may like it, but trust me: a lot of people don't. The point of a band (if you're trying to go anywhere with it) is to play music that people enjoy.
    I disagree completely. Thas is just exactly what makes music so disgusting today. The point of a band is to play music that they enjoy themselves.

If you like metal, go metal. If you like folk, go folk. If you like glam, go glam. Make the music you like and love and that music will be authentic. Don't worry about what most people like.

And you can perfectly be famous playing your own music. There's a lot of people that, unlike you, do appreciate what's authentic out there. You can become extremely successful playing any kind of music regardless of popular choice as long as it is good.

But, c'mon... who doesn't want to become famous, hm? We can deny it all we want, but there's always a little crave for fame inside us.
    No, that's just a naive manner of thought. You're not a deity to know what we all crave. I for one have never desired to be famous, believe me or not. I have my own band myself.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
  • No suggestions or whatsoever but...
    Doesn't shotgun suicide sounds a bit emo-ish?
    Just a thought peeps :D

Anyways, it bee awesome if you could like uhhh get your jammin on video, i'd say youtube for us to see :)

Years
  • No suggestions or whatsoever but...
    Doesn't shotgun suicide sounds a bit emo-ish?
    Just a thought peeps :D

Anyways, it bee awesome if you could like uhhh get your jammin on video, i'd say youtube for us to see :)

Well, a little, it is expected to change anyway...

It seems like a relatively good idea, just as long as you don't copy a band name, because I've heard of a band being called a very similar name, and copy rights could come into it.

On wikipedia it says its only an album (phew...), but maybe a band called that could come in...

Last edited:

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    No, that's just a naive manner of thought. You're not a deity to know what we all crave. I for one have never desired to be famous, believe me or not. I have my own band myself.

What .freak was trying to say (I think) was that the majority of us do. Not everyone in the entire world can go after one single thing or like one single thing, though with a lot of things, the majority of people like that certain thing. There's hardly anything in this world that everyone does besides die, because that's inevitable. I also found that kind of rude, CWTAP, but that's just me. :/

And hey, if you wanna start a band, go for it! ♥ I really don't like metal, myself, though. XD
    Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
  • I disagree completely. Thas is just exactly what makes music so disgusting today. The point of a band is to play music that they enjoy themselves.

If you like metal, go metal. If you like folk, go folk. If you like glam, go glam. Make the music you like and love and that music will be authentic. Don't worry about what most people like.

And you can perfectly be famous playing your own music. There's a lot of people that, unlike you, do appreciate what's authentic out there. You can become extremely successful playing any kind of music regardless of popular choice as long as it is good.

QFT. Couldn't have said it better myself.

To the TS...make sure everyone's 100% committed to the band. That everyone turns up to practice, contributes to songs, plays the right parts, practices in their own time...I had a band, but I guess we weren't committed enough to continue. Don't let that happen to you, cause you know, being in a band is pretty cool.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • Awesome, guys. Bands are always fun to be in, especially when they're actually your band, and not some lame school one. Just remember that starting one isn't as easy as it seems; even if you're expecting some kind of trouble, it's usually double what you're ready for.

A few suggestions, though:

But don't get my wrong. If you're just jamming for the sake of jamming, play whatever you like. But, c'mon... who doesn't want to become famous, hm? We can deny it all we want, but there's always a little crave for fame inside us.

Anyway, that said, good luck with your band! And don't forget what I said; hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.

I MAKE MUSIC FOR THE EXECUTIVES AND THE MINDLESS TWITS!
    I MAKE MUSIC FOR MONEY!
    I MAKE MUSIC FOR FAME!
    I MAKE MUSIC FOR BACKGROUND MUSIC AT HORRIBLE DANCE CLUBS AND PROMS!

That's what that type of thinking has created.

I don't crave fame. I crave soul and authenticity. I actually think you''ll find a lot of people are more disgusted by this type of thinking than you'd acknowledge.

Make music for music; nothing else matters.

EDIT: Also, why are you saying you're going to start a band in the future? Start it now and get on with it! Life is short, my friend. Destroy everything unholy you possibly can.

Back