• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future Typing Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivan2011

PokéLurker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    A non-legendary Psychic/Dragon would be awesome :D And a Fire/Ghost would be cool too :)

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Dragon/Dark, as a sort of night serpent, could be nice. More Ice combo need to happen! Ice/Steel, with Levitate, could be a pokemon representing deep, strong frost. Ice/Rock, also with Levitate, could represent a similar idea as well. Beeing the first pokemon with a X4 weakness to Steel hurts somewhat, but both Ice and Rock are great attacking types, so...
    Water/Ghost, representing a lost sailor or a deep sea light (Lanturn's version of Shedinja?), is the only type not combined yet with Water apart of Fire. Dragon/Bug could represent some kind of magical gigantic bug. X1/4 Resistances to Grass are getting far too common for the Grass-type to stand, thought.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Dragon/Dark, as a sort of night serpent, could be nice. More Ice combo need to happen! Ice/Steel, with Levitate, could be a pokemon representing deep, strong frost. Ice/Rock, also with Levitate, could represent a similar idea as well. Beeing the first pokemon with a X4 weakness to Steel hurts somewhat, but both Ice and Rock are great attacking types, so...
    Water/Ghost, representing a lost sailor or a deep sea light (Lanturn's version of Shedinja?), is the only type not combined yet with Water apart of Fire. Dragon/Bug could represent some kind of magical gigantic bug. X1/4 Resistances to Grass are getting far too common for the Grass-type to stand, thought.

The Lanturn evo idea is really good. Water/Ghost sounds interesting. So does Dragon/Bug, they need to have a Bug type legendary in the first place. What about Steel/Poison anyone?

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Steel/Posion...if it had Leviatate I would consider it. =]
    Do they have a Steel/Water yet? I'm too lazy to check...=3
    But that would be incredibly awesome. Cyborg Corsola!

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Steel/Posion...if it had Leviatate I would consider it. =]
    Do they have a Steel/Water yet? I'm too lazy to check...=3
    But that would be incredibly awesome. Cyborg Corsola!

Empoleon. It's a great typing too, tons of resistances.

I'm kinda tired of everyone coming up with typings and saying it should have levitate just to negate Ground. Geez, the weaknesses are there for a reason, to prevent things from being overpowered.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Empoleon. It's a great typing too, tons of resistances.

I'm kinda tired of everyone coming up with typings and saying it should have levitate just to negate Ground. Geez, the weaknesses are there for a reason, to prevent things from being overpowered.
    Whoops, forgot about him. >.<
    It'd have to be a pretty impressive Pokemon to make me ignore a x4 weakness. (See: Gyarados)

Years
    I'd love to see a steel/dark. Actually I'd just like Mawile to evolve into a steel/Dark.
    Or a dark/electric.
    And just a question are there any Pokemon out there where one of it's type is weak against it's second type. I want a Pokemon's 'typings' to be like that.
    (Other than Lantern)

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    They need better Water/Electric types. Lanturn is adorable, but my two favorite types really need to be mastered into epic proportions.

Fighting/Ghost (SMOGON's create a Pokemon ftw!!), Normal/Water, Normal/Fire, Normal/Electric just for some ghost resistances, and Fire/Water would be a neat addition.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    I'd love to see a steel/dark. Actually I'd just like Mawile to evolve into a steel/Dark.
    Or a dark/electric.
    And just a question are there any Pokemon out there where one of it's type is weak against it's second type. I want a Pokemon's 'typings' to be like that.
    (Other than Lantern)
    Tropius (Grass/Flying)
    Any Bug/Flying like Butterfree, Beautifly, etc.
    The Nidos (Poison/Ground)
    Zapdos (Flying/Electric)
    Articuno (Flying/Ice)
    Mamoswine (Ice/Ground)
    Any of the Grass/Poisons
    Lucario (Steel/Fighting)
    Heatran (Steel/Fire)
    Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)
    and more

There's lots...

Years
    Tropius (Grass/Flying)
    Any Bug/Flying like Butterfree, Beautifly, etc.
    The Nidos (Poison/Ground)
    Zapdos (Flying/Electric)
    Articuno (Flying/Ice)
    Mamoswine (Ice/Ground)
    Any of the Grass/Poisons
    Lucario (Steel/Fighting)
    Heatran (Steel/Fire)
    Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying)
    and more

There's lots...
    Don't I look stupid. :P
    But I was really really thinking about the three starter type combinations. ie. Grass/Fire, Fire/Water, Water/Grass.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Ahh this was one of my favourite topics. Somebody better restart it in the new thread for Future Generations talk :>

-Locked-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back