• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen G/S/C is overrated

The Shiny Ho-Oh

Golden Bird
    Years
    I find GS to be the most feature rich game of it's time, and a far cry better than RSE... Just my opinion, though.
    I played it right after Yellow, and it was an instant favorite.

ParanoidMocha

Paranoid since '98
    Years
    Well...
    I like GSC very much,and not because it's a chalenge to beator because there was more added things like breeding and stuff
    I like them because they're extremely easy.I beat Red on the first try with a Charizard(hacked for SolRUn purposes) and a handful or revives.Yet I like the games.You can say it's overrated,and I'll probably agree with you.A game this easy is overrated,yet games like RSE,DPPt and BW also are

The formers just don't appeal to me,the game is plain,it took some thingsd that were added in the first place,and wasn't newbie-friendly.Depending on your newbiness you could be stuck in MAwille forever.Yet a lot of people like the game and call their faves.I'm ok with that,your opinion.I hate those games but have no problem with your opinion,you have to accept mine too.

But looking on the not-overrated side,
    RBY was easy?Was,If you had a psychic mon it was easy win,becuase it had immunity to Ghost,only eak to bugs and there was no good bug moves.
    GSc brought new types and balanced the weakness and advantage chart,brought breeding,time of the day,color,a girl player,the Battle Tower(yeah,it was introduced in Crystal if you don't recall or didn't know).So it has a lot of good stuff,and it's up to you to think it's overrated or not,good or not.Srry for my massive wall of text(or so I see on the Quick Reply Box)

Back