• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G/S Remake for Special? Should it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    @ Mika555: Considering how much attention those two Pichus are getting, that's a good chance. I'm still going with Manaphy, though.

Hmmm...I wonder which Dex Holders would appear? Gold, Crys, Silver, obviously...Maybe Ruby, although I hope the arc wouldn't follow the exact same lines as FR/LG did.
    Yes I cannot wait to see Gold, Crys, and Silver again although I am enjoying the DP arc and the Platinum arc. I can see Ruby being in their too since he was said that he was from Goldenrod City and to visit his hometown for some reason. The rest of the character might appear later on and it might led to them being incoporated in the Platinum's arc.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    I just hope they don't use the outfit for Soul for crystal... no matter how many times I try to lie to myself that that outfit is acceptable, I can't accept it.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Well if they are i hope they're are having the comback of the original characters, It wouldn't be as awesome without them!

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I believe there will be, but I'm more curious as to if the new girl will be put in. I'm fairly certain she will be, but what will her name be? It can't be Gold, Silver, or even Crystal. This may be the first character named after something other than the primary versions. If so, Heart or Soul?

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    @ Crystal-Walters: If they do put her in the manga, which I'm hoping they don't, I'm going to assume her name would be Heart. I still think that fits her better.

@ Mika555: They might not incorporate into the Platinum arc, though. My guess is that since the Platinum arc started first, it would end first. Either that, or the D/P arc ends and the HG/SS arc starts up in it's place.

I can't wait to see Gold as a sixteen year old... *Insert fangirly squee here*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I can't wait to see Gold as a sixteen year old... *Insert fangirly squee here*

Mmmm...Siiiilverrrr...@_@

Oh, umm...anyway...I'm sure they would, but if that creepy girl is in there...I'm going to explode. O_O Even I prefer Crys over her, and that's saying something. But what could possibly happen in this arc? FRLG had Deoxys at least. Arceus wouldn't work for HGSS since it resides above Mt. Coronet, which sure ain't in Johto.

Clover Cat

Years
    @ SilverSmeargleSplatter: Again, plot-wise, I'm going to go with Manaphy. It's like the only legendary egg, and Gold is the breeder. It makes sense. And there's no way that Pokespe would just insert a panel like that for a wonderful plot device and never use it. Either that or those Pichus could go to Crystal and Silver and they make up the Johto Pichu trio! -shot-

And if that's not enough, Nintendo introduced new pokemon in FR/LG, why not in HG/SS? All we've got to go on right now are like...10 scans from CoroCoro, not many of which refer to the game plot. There's still room to expand.

Nice to see you on this thread, by the way.^^

Finnel

Years
    I wouldn't mind a GSDS arc for Special, I personally didn't like the original GS arc that much so I'd like to see something new in the region to make up for that. The problem is really what the plot is going to be, but I guess that will be sorted out once the actual game's out.
    I think the new girl's gonna be a Gold admirer, kind of like early Yellow. It kinds of fits her cute and girly design.

Concerning the new girl, I think the name Bronze would fit her well, to go along with Gold and Silver. Plus Heart/Soul seems kind of out of place with all the other characters' names.
    Her having the name Bronze will probably never happen though, but I like it more than Heart or Soul.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Crystal-Walters said:
    This may be the first character named after something other than the primary versions.

Not exactly true. The very first games had this same issue, with Red, Blue, and Green. In Japan, the male rival was Green. Elsewhere it was Blue, and "Green" would've been the name for the girl had she been in those games. For the remakes she became "Leaf", for both Japan and everywhere else, to avoid confusion. Here with the new girl they're following the same example.

If so, Heart or Soul?

By following the games, it would be Soul.

Makku said:
    Concerning the new girl, I think the name Bronze would fit her well, to go along with Gold and Silver. Plus Heart/Soul seems kind of out of place with all the other characters' names.
    Her having the name Bronze will probably never happen though, but I like it more than Heart or Soul.

The writers tend to follow the names from the game. However, since the Kanto girl was known as Blue (and in other translated series as Green), she kept her name. This time it's different because it is a brand new character.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    @ SilverSmeargleSplatter: Again, plot-wise, I'm going to go with Manaphy. It's like the only legendary egg, and Gold is the breeder. It makes sense. And there's no way that Pokespe would just insert a panel like that for a wonderful plot device and never use it. Either that or those Pichus could go to Crystal and Silver and they make up the Johto Pichu trio! -shot-

Ya'll can just call me Silver to avoid using that treacherously long username I have. xD Anyway, sounds like a plan to me. However, the new girl creeps me out...and even worse is that...people will ship her...with Silver...ewewewewewewwwwwwwwwwww. She just seems really lame. I'm hoping they change her design before the games and the arc, if there will be the latter.

Ruby is da man. He's telling it. xD

Clover Cat

Years
    However, the new girl creeps me out...and even worse is that...people will ship her...with Silver...ewewewewewewwwwwwwwwwww. She just seems really lame. I'm hoping they change her design before the games and the arc, if there will be the latter.

Well, Silver, would it really be so bad to ship her with him? If she does appear in the manga, I think I might ship him with her...*hides behind a rock*I mean, if I like her personality. THEN I will ship him with her. But that's a big IF.

And yes, Ruby is awesome.^^

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    I can see where the distaste is coming from with this new girl. Takes time to get used to her.

Ruby is a great character, isn't he? It'd be really nice to see him again, even in his own home region, but I don't know if it could work, even with Sapphire around. ;)

Or...were you talking about me?

Finnel

Years
    The writers tend to follow the names from the game. However, since the Kanto girl was known as Blue (and in other translated series as Green), she kept her name. This time it's different because it is a brand new character.
    I know, I was just saying I think the name Bronze fits her better.

Years
    of course they will have a G/S remake
    they have to introduce the new girl anyways (is her name soul?)
    as well as including those two pichu
    and every character would have one pokemon following them

it could be pretty good

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    They better have a hg ss!!!

I just hope that Pokemon won't give up on their manga....

to be honest I like their manga better than their anime by far!!!

as well as including those two pichu

it could be pretty good

They are probably gonna make "Soul" (new girl protaganist) be kinda like Yellow and have her main pokemon be pichu. And since gold has a pichu they could be connected in a way...

If they don't put the new girl in they are probably just going to change their outfits like what they did in FR LG

Last edited:

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    However, the new girl creeps me out...and even worse is that...people will ship her...with Silver...ewewewewewewwwwwwwwwwww. She just seems really lame. I'm hoping they change her design before the games and the arc, if there will be the latter.

I'm pretty sure that new girl is going to be Crys with a new, arguable, ugly, outfit. If she isn't though, I'm already shipping her with Gold, since from the art I've seen they look pretty cute together. And I don't like Crys with Gold. She's better off with Silver imo, but then again, that's the shipper and gaame-fangirl in me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I'm pretty sure that new girl is going to be Crys with a new, arguable, ugly, outfit. If she isn't though, I'm already shipping her with Gold, since from the art I've seen they look pretty cute together. And I don't like Crys with Gold. She's better off with Silver imo, but then again, that's the shipper and gaame-fangirl in me.

Well that is your opinion I do not consider the outfit of the girl character in HGSS to be ugly and I actually taking a liking to it. I am starting think that they are most likely is going to happen is that Crystal will just wear the girls clothes. She already had brown hair in her debut in Pokemon Special it is shown in the Netkun's gallery in the 01st, 03rd, 04th, 05th, 09th, and 54th pictures. The official source never state that the girl was a new character as of yet nor did they state whether the boy was the sameone from the GSC game even though he resembles him greatly. They did not even say that the rival is the same either even though he resembles the rival from the GSC game greatly as well. People could idenify them very easily because of massive similarities they share with the character from GSC. I think that she should wear the clothes anyway even if this turn out not to be a redesign of her game couterpart or not. Not only will they have to think up a name of this character even if she becomes a dex holder but they will also decide what game version to name her after since there are no more fourth generation games left, color her eyes would be based off that game version and what Pokemon starter she will receive based on region, and they also have to develop a personality for this girl. I wonder of why Crystal had brown hair initially, was it because her game counterpart was originally intended have brown hair, was it because her brown hair was inspiration from another character, or was it simply for a random reason? I am not trying to be mean or anything but it even has not been decided in the games whether this was a redesign or her gamecounterpart and I see it as a more relevant to debate if the girl in the HGSS games is a redesign for the Crystal girl or if she is a different character in the game canon since it is the original Pokemon canon and compare to the game canon Pokemon Special is a very distinct canon even more distinct than the anime in terms of relationship and it is not even the only Pokemon manga nor was it the first Pokemon manga.

They are probably gonna make "Soul" (new girl protaganist) be kinda like Yellow and have her main pokemon be pichu. And since gold has a pichu they could be connected in a way...
    Yellow is actually the name in the game version and she was most likely created because the Pokemon Special writers all of the rival and protagonist have been used from Pokemon Red, Green, and Blue and they wanted and they want to create another character and name her after that game version. Pikachu was actually a starter in Pokemon Yellow unlike Pichu is in this game. There are two Pichus who play major roles in the HGSS games but they are not starters. Emerald was create because decided to create another character to name after the third version of the third generation games instead using Wally.

Then again it is all up to the Pokemon Special writer what they should do with the design. I was just voices my thoughts on the situation based on my analysis.

of course they will have a G/S remake
    they have to introduce the new girl anyways (is her name soul?)
    I do not think that even the girl's name will be Soul in the games because in the game the screeshot shows Soul as being a placeholder name meaning it is a default name for the playable character and the male character and the female character appears in the same story unlike in the FRLG games. I do not want to go indepth about the names though at the moment though but was an intense discussion about it on bulbagarden.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    In the FRLG pokemon special, Red used Charizard and Green used Venusaur and the names "LeafGreen" and "FireRed" were born.
    However, Leaf is the GIRL in the games.
    This may happen again, and Crystal will still be crystal.
    I don't like soul either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back