• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Galaxy Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Yeah, .net is right. Instead of me checking the credits, just post a map. I'm not aceppting anymore beta testers or bad mappers so I hope you're good.

Well, you better post some work, and you better make it good.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
    Can i be a mapper?
    proof of work:
    Galaxy Productions

msn: [email protected]

(the other post wouldn't let me)

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    I take it that you have made Saffron City with RSE tiles huh? If you are going to show a map, I suggest that you make your own. Don't do another city or town that already exists please. I'll give you something to do to test your skills. Do your own city or town using the tileset of Mauville/Verdanturf Town. That should be pretty easy. Make it nice and try to use alot of tiles, like flowers, water, and even rocks. Don't leave alot of space in the map, add details bud.

redha

Mad Trainer
    Years
    hey Treecko can i join?

Skill: Mapping,Ideas
    Proof of work: i've made several hacks
    Msn:[email protected](you better e-mail me ,i seldom online)

GOOO Pokemon Sun the best hack in the world I SUPPORT YOU!!

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
    I hope this is what you had in mind:

Galaxy Productions

It's Macroturf town in my home-use hack i'm making. The pokecentre has a door to the right leading out and south of town leads to Lake of Rage. The cave isn't made yet. You can ask for any of my resources when needed.

~ASHANDMISTY~

Ken

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    Hi everyone...the doctor is in... ;)

I would lile to join your group buddies.....
    Skill: Mapping, Beta testing
    MSN: [email protected]
    Come on guys....lets create the best hack in the history of gaming! ;)
    Check out full clips of my hacks on youtube! Username: KenBuddy1985

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    redha - I would need to see your mapping skills.

ashandmisty - I would talk to you on msn about your map.

Ken - I see you're new. But it looks like you copied Naranja tiles and palettes. The maps you have are pretty empty meaning alot of empty space. And I don't need anymore beta testers bud.

Ken

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    ;)

Well if you say so! :) Unfortunately I dont design tiles myself I just think of a nice landscape and I make it playable with whatever I have. Anyways congrats on the hack...looks good. Hopefully it wont be just pics...maybe we will play it very soon :) If you need anything just msg bro,I'd be glad to help.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Sorry but if your gong to apply you do need proof of work. Make a map and post it here and the Treecko can judge whether to accept or not.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Alright, Treecko, I've decided to apply. I've noticed that every mapper who applied used R/S/E tiles and I used FR to make this map. I hope that's okay.
    Skill: Mapping
    Proof: Attachement
    MSN: don't have it just PM me.

It's just a route I made cuz I felt like it. Didn't feel like making a city...

Years
    There is nothing wrong with the map, but you could try to do a couple things. For one, you could get rid of a lot of the bushes. Two, you could add a little more of the medium trees and make there layout a little more natural. (The ones that are 1x3 tiles. And what I mean by natural is scatter around some of the trees so that there are lone trees.) Three, you couldmake the lake a little more natural looking, and not so blocky. And finally, four: you could make the mountain a little better by not making it blocky and by getting rid of the thin, lengthy parts in front. Other than that, it is a pretty good map. (By the way, I am a perfectionist when it comes to maps)

I've noticed that every mapper who applied used R/S/E tiles

Actually, you are wrong on that part. I used my own custom graphics to apply. (By the way, they are FR/LG proportions)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Alright thanks for those tips. We'll see what Treecko has to say. And yeah, for, well those who don't make custom tiles alot of them use RSE. I've noticed anyway..

I'll re-work it after Treecko tells me if I'm in or not.

If it were up to you, Don, would you say I was in (I'm really eager to know if I'm in or not:nervous: )

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yay!:D
    Hopefully you and Treecko share the same opinion.

While I'm waiting for treecko I think I'll work on that map. Alright so Don you said to get rid of those bushes (I'll leave some in, I like those:P), make it more nature-friendly by adding 1x3 trees, wait does that mean I should take out some of that grass? Less blocky even though I was going for the blocky type of route, that was a bad idea:\ and finally fix up that mountain.

Alright I have done the edit. Here's what I did, I took off the lake completely, I hated it, it was filler, I am a perfectionist on filling. The block factor is gone. It has many more 1x3 trees and more grass cuz well as I said, no blank spots (just a little bit, I mean, you have to leave SOME blank). I took off the thin mountain strips but, I did leave the mountain. It's filler:P. Took off about half the bushes there were before, added some flowers (again, filler). Ya basicly, hope it's better then the previous one, Don.

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    I would prefer if you make a map of a town or city. That shows your ability the most in my opinion. But your maps are good and I do agree with Don Patch on this. The route can be better and I would've made more water and a better mountain. Anyway, welcome to the group and I hope you do more great maps in the future bud. You're welcome to use any of the banners in the first post of course, and I congratulate you for making it. ;)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Thanks alot man, alright onto business, I need some tilesets to practice working with other stuff then the defaults, gimme some ressources and I shall soon be ready to help you out with any mapping. Thanks again. Oh, did I mention I can text edit too, I dunno if you need proof of that, but yeah I can text edit.

But did you check out my second apply thing, the one I edited basicly using the tips? I find that one better.

Last edited:

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Well the Pokemon Moon beta is coming out later.You could make your maps with the graphics in that I suppose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back