• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Game Corner

blue

gucci
    Years
    With every new Pokemon game and every new generaton, a game corner was introduced.

Pokemon R/B/Y / FR/LG

Game Corner

Pokemon G/S/C / HG/SS
    (Japanese Left & International Right)

Game Corner Game Corner

Pokemon R/S/E

Game Corner

Pokemon D/P/PT

Game Corner

(Poor Quality)

All of these came with different games and methods to win coins, you could exchange these coins for prizes such as TM'S & Pokemon ect. If there is a game corner in Pokemon Black & White, what Pokemon & TM'S might you be able to win and what new games might be introduced?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I personally would like to see a return for the roulette wheels from R/S/E, but since the scrapping of gambling internationally, the chances of this are pretty much nil. :/

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    I originally didn't like the slot machines or the game corners, mostly because I was really bad at them...then last night I spent some time on the machines and got to 11 uninterrupted bonus rounds, so I actually wouldn't mind if they implemented them again in B&W. They've dealt with the international issues in the past by adding different games to different versions (Voltorb Flip was for non-Japanese games only) so I'm sure they'll do that again.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I have bad feeling about this. They already cut it in HG/SS and replaced it with that stupid Voltorb Flip due to a new law in the EU and they also butchered it in the US version for some demented reason. I don't think we will see anything even resembling a Gamecorner in BW, it's just going to be that same censored garbage.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Since I must be the only person alive who loves Voltorb Flip and has got over 20,000 coins playing that addictive mini-game, I hope they bring it back, although I'd actually want them to introduce a completely different mini-game as well. Variety is always good!

And chances of the slot machines coming back: 0% as long as the EU doesn't remove that law. Something I can't see happening in a foreseeable future.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I actually like the voltorb Flip better than the slot machines. It's a lot easier to win big once you start thinking analytically. XD

However, I do think it also sucks all the fun out of it. D:

I saw a suggestion a while back. I can't remember who said it, but they basically said that if GameFreak wises up to the fact that slot machines are being taken out if international releases, they should try to overhaul the game corner in GenV to be more universally appropriate. The suggestion that followed was to turn the game corner into an arcade, with pokemon themed minigames based off arcade classics like Space Invader, Galaga, Breakout, Centipede, Donkey Kong, Missile Defense, etc. I think it could appeal to western censors and be quite a bit of fun. :D

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I hope they don't butcher it for the international release, but I think they likely will :(

But that's okay, I usually import anyway. It'd be a problem if Game Freak themselves decide not to put the game corner in the game, but I imagine they'd come up with something clever to replace it (or, sadly, scrap it all together ;-; )

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Since I must be the only person alive who loves Voltorb Flip and has got over 20,000 coins playing that addictive mini-game, I hope they bring it back, although I'd actually want them to introduce a completely different mini-game as well. Variety is always good!

And chances of the slot machines coming back: 0% as long as the EU doesn't remove that law. Something I can't see happening in a foreseeable future.
    I liked the Voltorb Flip in that I could actually play it. I was never all that great with the slot machines, so when I heard HG/SS was bringing in something new I was pretty much all in favor for it. I spent probably like hours just hanging around in the Game Corner trying to collect more and more coins. Although, I'm not great to have collected over thousands yet, I still find them more enjoying than the slot machines. I agree in that if this is to make a return in Black and White, then a bit of variety is called for.

As for the slot machines I see their chance of coming back slim to none - at least outside of Japan anyway. With the current law in Europe, I know it doesn't stand a chance and if anything goes to show, America may as well follow in using the same Game Corner input as well.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    I wouldn't care if they took the actual games out completely out of the rest of the PKMN games, I just wish they let us get coins the fast way, via buying.

Like how can I get 9999 coins from Voltorb Flip? I can barely get 500..

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I hate the Voltorb flip. One, I can't figure it out, and two, I like the Game Corner a lot better, with he slot machines.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I hate the voltorb flip. Nintendo really let me down with the game corner in HG/SS. Bring back the slot machines and maybe add in some arcade games to shut up European and American censorship agencies who are only hating because they never got to experience a game as fun when they were younger xD.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The game will be Voltorb Flip like in the others and there will be no Pokemon to be won, there will be a key to unlock some person after 500 coins. This is most likely when Huin city is taken over by the new villians, which will be essential to the plot. After this you can get TMs, and as for Pokemon, they can be obtained an alternative way.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    If the ESRB even TOUCHES Isshu's slot machines and replaces it with Voltorb Sh*t, I am gonna, well, let's hope I dont, but you know what I think of Voltorb Flip:

I HATE VOLTORB
    I HATE MINESWEEPER
    I HATE VOLTORB FLIP
    IT'S TOO F***ING HARD
    ESRB RUINED MY CHILDHOOD!!!!!!

Maybe Issu will not have slots at all and have an arcade instead with Pokemon-ified versions of classic arcade games like Mario Bros. Donkey Kong, Pac-Man (you missed Google Pac-Man, it was fun) and Space invaders, but knowing NOA, they will probably think it's the slots and replace it with Voltorb Flip (albeit it's the same one from HG/SS with the same map and same NPC's with the same dialouge) even though Voltorb (which I think, along with Electrode, is the most unoriginal idea for a Pokemon ever) may not even be in the Isshu Pokedex, Face it, America is never going to see the slots again thanks to ESRB (I hate them anymore for what they did to my childhood)

Voltorb Flip is too hard, and it does'nt give much coins, the slots were so much easier and give out 5 times more coins, but the ESRB does not care, they just want to make a very difficult mini-game out of the once-was slots, I just want a Porygon damnit!!!

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I don't like Voltorb flip at all ... I'd much rather do with the roulette and such. So much more fun and easier to win. :3

McNoob

Magikarp Enthusiast
    Years
    I love Voltorb Flip. At first, I was very against it, but once I realized it wasn't just a minesweeper game and there was actual thinking evolved, I got hooked. I currently have over 10,000 coins, which is more than I ever had in previous games. So here's to hoping they keep VF and add other games as well!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I wouldn't mind Voltorb Flip as long as I could still buy coins. It takes far too long to save up coins from a game that's hard to play and so terribly slow that it made me almost smash my screen trying to speed up the text a little.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I would be sad to see Voltorb Flip go. I would like to see an arcade where Voltorb Flip is just one of the games. The slot machines were boring. I'd say this time around Japan won't be getting the slot machines either.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I haven't played Voltorb flip yet (I still haven't got HGSS annoyingly). But I think thy could get around the new laws by replacing the slots with those penny push machines you get in arcades. I mean those are played by everyone for like; 2-80 years old, so I don't see why it should need to be censored.
    You would just have to tap on the screen were you want to drop the coin and then it would drop down to the boom and then you could see if anything got pushed off.

If you're wondering what I'm on about I mean one of these:

Spoiler:

Back