• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of the Month: November - Platformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Game of the Month
    hosted by LGDArm and Perdition Haze
    Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and children of all ages. Welcome to Game of the Month! This is a contest to see what video games our fellow members love. We will give you a list of ten games every month from a specific genre, and it will be all up to you to decide which one's the best!

The Guidelines
    • Every month, we will select up to ten games for you to vote for. The game that receives the most amount of votes will be declared the victor.
    • You may vote for only one video game. When you submit your vote, it is recommended to give us a reasoning behind it.
    • At the end of each month, LGDArm will announce the winner, who will then be featured in the forum splash until the next winner is announced.
    • If you'd like to nominate any video game for next month's contest, then please head over to the official GotM nominations thread.
    • If you have any questions and would like to see them answered, then you may post a reply here or send a private message to LGDArm or myself, Perdition Haze!
    Past Winners

Below, is a list of all games that have won GotM throughout the past few months. Hit the spoiler button if you'd like to see them!

Spoiler:

GotM - November

This month, we have the following games for you to vote for:

• Donkey Kong Country Returns
    • Kirby's Epic Yarn
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
    • Rayman Legends
    • Scribblenauts Unlimited
    • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
    • Spyro: A Hero's Tail
    • Super Mario Galaxy
    • Yoshi's Island DS
    When you submit your votes, please make sure to put the games that you're voting for in bold letters. This makes it easier for us to count these votes.

Have fun, and make sure to vote wisely!

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Yoshi's island DS - great remake or upgrade whatever it was it filled me with nostalgia and I can't remember what platforms spyro and that rachet and clank game are on.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I'm going to be the Playstation fanboy here and say LittleBigPlanet. The level customization in that game was amazing.

TY

Playstation fanboy #2, also voting for LittleBigPlanet

The story was allround meh, but creating your own levels was so amazing that i loved playing this game (which i got as a free gift after the major PS3 downtime)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I've only played one from that list so Spyro: a Hero's tail it is.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Um, Luigi's Mansion 2 is not a platformer.

Anyhow, from the whole list...it's not even a competition. Mario Galaxy blows all the others away.

Kirby's Epic Yarn? A slog. Short and too easy.
    Little Big Planet? A good game but a good platformer it is not. The mechanics are way too floaty for a platformer.
    Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal? Good. But nowhere near Galaxy good.
    Rayman Legends? Granted, I haven't played it yet, but if Origins is anything to go by it's got some problems to fix. Probably the only contender worthy of competing Galaxy in this list anyway.
    Scribblenauts Unlimited? See LBP.
    Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves? This game is the worst Sly game. No, it's a terrible game.
    Spyro: A Hero's Tail? Hampered by weird design choices and weak level design. Even Crash Bandicoot is way better.
    Yoshi's Island DS? Not even on the original Yoshi's Island's level, let alone Galaxy.

Mario Galaxy is one of those games that are close to perfect. The only problem it has, imo, is the pacing. The game starts out way too slow, and this hinders the replay value of it. However, it is still an excellent platformer and the level design is second to none. I feel it's very unfair to the other games that the highest rated game of all time is on a list that mostly consists of B-Tier platformers.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I'd have to go with Rayman Legends. The graphics of this game were pretty stunning, the story was great, and the levels were very engaging. Once you were into a level, you couldn't stop playing until you had it successfully completed. d: My favorite was Sprint for your Life, which was a part of "Fiesta de los Muertos." Fiesta de los Muertos is the third chapter of Rayman Legends. Super Mario Galaxy was good, but I just didn't find it to be as fun as this game. Sly 3 was also good, but I just didn't like its graphics; they were quite poor. The game had 3D effects, but they just didn't work too well, even when you put on the glasses that came with it.

Sinjuda

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited.

What other game could you mount a undead Abe Lincoln on robot raptor with a gatling gun fighting Cthulhu.

(This did happen in my game)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    November is almost over, guys. If any of you would still like to vote, then please do it as soon as you can! Next month, our theme is going to be brawler/fighting. If you wish to suggest a game or two, then reply to this thread.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • Super Mario Galaxy- Just because it was a superb game, usually frustrated me, especially
    Spoiler:

anyway, thats what I'm voting for, lol

Years
  • Little Big Planet and Kirby's Epic Yarn were amazing, but there's only one game that can win platformer of the month.
    Super Mario Galaxy. This game may just be the greatest title in the history of video games, never mind the month.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    LittleBigPlanet, its pretty fun with all the customisation and what not. But what can I say, I don't really play platformers.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
    Years
  • If this counts then....
    Mari0 made by Stabyourself.net
    It's gameplay is amazing..... It's like the basic Mario but with the mix of Portal!
    Not much of a story but still voted! :D

Years
  • While I really enjoyed both Kirby's Epic Yarn for how incredibly adorable it can be at times and Donkey Kong Country Returns for its sheer difficulty, nothing on this list stands a change to Super Mario Galaxy, imo. ^^

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
  • Spyro: A Hero's Tail.
    Always loved the older Spyro games, and this was no exception. Truly a great game that will be that way for a long, long time. Or until we actually get another good Spyro game for once. The reboot was terrible, and Skylanders doesn't even deserve to have Spyro as part of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back