• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you're sometimes afraid to admit liking?

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    I'm also on the Final Fantasy XIII boat. I really enjoy the games (at least XIII and XIII-2, I haven't picked up LR yet). They have a ton of flaws and if you asked me to try to describe the story of the original FFXIII, I honestly couldn't tell you much because it was confusing. BUT the music was nice and I liked the characters, especially Lightning and Serah.

Also one of my all time favorite games is Dragon Age 2. It most certainly had flaws so I don't fault people for not liking it, but it's very special to me! I'm just completely enamored with the world and characters of DA2.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    I enjoy playing the Just Dance series of games with friends or family members. Certainly not something I'd tell anyone unless they really wanted to know.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    While I'm quite open about it on here, I never really talk about Touhou in real life or elsewhere on the internet. I just...really dislike the label of "weeaboo", and even fear being branded one.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    While I'm quite open about it on here, I never really talk about Touhou in real life or elsewhere on the internet. I just...really dislike the label of "weeaboo", and even fear being branded one.
    ...You know, I get where you're coming from, but you really don't need to worry about something like that. In real life, not that many people will call you a weeb because...well, you're not very likely to run into someone who knows what Touhou is. And on the internet...I mean, people are called weeaboos for far less. Liking anime, liking Japanese music, liking Japanese food- literally anything. The phrase has practically lost its legitimate meaning and become a term to throw around, and the people that will insultingly call you one aren't worth the time, anyways.

There was a time when I was younger that I was on a community where some prominent members basically saw liking anything Japanese as weeabooish and I was called one. And it got to me. But overtime I just kind of owned up to what I was- not a weeaboo but someone who happens to like anime, Japanese games, and Japanese music. I don't like them exclusively and I don't inherently like them because they're Japanese- it's a large part of why I can stand to be critical of them for actual design reasons. But worrying about being called a weeaboo is just to much work; too much trouble. You end up making decisions that deny what you enjoy and repressing what you like despite the fact that, if you hadn't, you might have found others that resonate with you about the same things.

And unless you actually are one- which you aren't, "weeaboo" isn't a title that sticks. Just enjoy yourself; people spend too much time worrying about what random people on the internet- or in general, think about them as it is.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    ...You know, I get where you're coming from, but you really don't need to worry about something like that. In real life, not that many people will call you a weeb because...well, you're not very likely to run into someone who knows what Touhou is. And on the internet...I mean, people are called weeaboos for far less. Liking anime, liking Japanese music, liking Japanese food- literally anything. The phrase has practically lost its legitimate meaning and become a term to throw around, and the people that will insultingly call you one aren't worth the time, anyways.

There was a time when I was younger that I was on a community where some prominent members basically saw liking anything Japanese as weeabooish and I was called one. And it got to me. But overtime I just kind of owned up to what I was- not a weeaboo but someone who happens to like anime, Japanese games, and Japanese music. I don't like them exclusively and I don't inherently like them because they're Japanese- it's a large part of why I can stand to be critical of them for actual design reasons. But worrying about being called a weeaboo is just to much work; too much trouble. You end up making decisions that deny what you enjoy and repressing what you like despite the fact that, if you hadn't, you might have found others that resonate with you about the same things.

And unless you actually are one- which you aren't, "weeaboo" isn't a title that sticks. Just enjoy yourself; people spend too much time worrying about what random people on the internet- or in general, think about them as it is.

Oh, over here it's quite immediate. Say something remotely Japanese, while not being Japanese, and you'll be slapped with that social label. I guess I'm just a little afraid of losing social status due to that tag, but...eh. Yeah, it's just unfortunate that I'm as easy to insult as America is easy to point out on a map, and take things quiiite seriously.

You make a fair point, really. Though, can't really indulge in Touhou anymore, since I'm sure TH15 will finally end this ancient desktop of mine.

Thanks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I agree with machomuu, in fact, you would be fairly lucky to find someone who knows Touhou apart from actual fans of Japanese franchises which obviously won't label you as weeb.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Right about now I'm kind of scared to admit I like Sonic Adventure while watching the Game Grumps series. Seeing Arin be mad at certain parts brings back buried memories of frustration I myself felt with the game at times. I also forgave a lot of blatant bugs because of my young age when I played it. At least I played the less buggy Dreamcast version. But what can I say? I love the blue hedgehog and still had a lot of fun with the game.

Although I'm not all that scared to admit it, I do like Sonic Adventure. Many folks say that only the Sonic stages were the redeeming stages. Yet, somehow it was also fun mindlessly shooting things as Gamma or climbing walls as Knuckles. I spent many hours and had several memory cards dedicated towards raising Chao. I too forgave the bugs and bad cutscenes as a kid. I like the Sonic series in general besides the ridiculous fanbase.

sonic hereos and shadow the hedgehog were my life at 13 years old tho sonic battle was neat and i miss it!

Back