• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Garchomp is broken ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    Of course Garchomp is broken, anyone can see that. If garchomp didn't learn outrage and didn't have that special ability then things could have been different, right?:P Nah maybe not.

Outrage 120+stab = oh come on that's broken coming off a SD too, least CC gets blocked by ghost type pokemon.

Willbey

Steel drums rock!
    Years
    Garchomp is great, but a uber.
    You see, if someone swiches in a ice pokemon, fire fang would really work here. Glaceon would proboly get 2hko'd.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    You think? What doubts can there possibly be? Glaceon is not taking any hits from Chomp at all.

Well, I'm bad at words. So I probably didn't mean to put that. And I don't have any doubts. Like said before, I'm just bad with words. So my bad.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    So, what are we guys gonna do about Garchomp? Majority of us are saying/stating garchomp should be sent to the uber tier and there aren't too many positive things said about garchomp.
    Put it up in the ubers in the PC tier list?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Myself, I'm still on the fence- it feels strange banning a regular, non-legendary Pokemon. Especially one as popular as Garchomp. I mean, it's just a regular Pokemon.

Then again, I haven't battled in months.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    When D/P came out some people were like 'omg agnome is broken banhammer nao' but most of the argument against it was 'it's a 580 trio poke it's fine'. Not 'it can't switch into ****', not 'it's pursuit weak and needs to set up first', but that we just don't ban the base 580 legends. Kinda stupid but people don't like breaking patterns I guess. I think that's why Garchomp was never ban tested. That and the lack of SS teams/Chain Chomp/Sub+BP sets.

And don't diss Counterbliss, it rocks. Infernape and bulky!Gyara can testify to that.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    The same can be said about Wobbuffet, but we gotta get over that.

Wobbuffet was different- he's just so obviously broken. Plus, he was already banned when I got into Pokemon competitively, so I just accepted it.

Also, shedinjask, I have absolutely no idea what you just said. What's an agnome?

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Wobbuffet was different- he's just so obviously broken. Plus, he was already banned when I got into Pokemon competitively, so I just accepted it.

Also, shedinjask, I have absolutely no idea what you just said. What's an agnome?

A typo, most likely. Since It Isn't occuring in Microsoft Word Processor's Dictionary.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Now, im not even japanese,but i know agnome is AZELF !!! =3 Its all in the name agnome = Gnome = Elf, hence Azelf, how can you not recognize teh Azelf, gtfo off my thread noaw!! =P lol J/K

Anyways, I get where Shedinjask is coming from. Azelf does seem broke on paper, nasty Plot, 125 base att and sp.att, gets explosion to beat sp.walls, awesome movepool, but in reality is it ?, i know better than anyone, it cant switch in for ass, gets lol'd at by status, and dies to pursuit, Chomp is kinda the opposite, it doesnt seem broke on paper, but if you take a look at it in depth, no definitive counter, the ability to beat all of its "counters" and a stupid ability, topped off by stats that can survive Ice Beams and Swords dance, base 102 speed and much much more, yeah. In early D/P people were not abusing BP, Sandveil sets OR CB sets, hence it never getting tested or even considered for ubers, but the recent abuse of it has let it be seen in a different light.

Also, Just because a "Normal" poke has never been uber before apart from wobby, people arnt used to it happening, hence why some people are skeptical of it, even if it is a normal poke, its still can be too broken for OU

Last edited:

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    He plain didn't know what shedinja mean, as did I. Calm your nerves, Itachi.

I was just being curious as to why people think about Grammar 90% of the time.

Also, I didn't know what he meant, either. Hence, the "Likely a typo" comment.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I was just being curious as to why people think about Grammar 90% of the time.

Also, I didn't know what he meant, either. Hence, the "Likely a typo" comment.

Because bad grammer leads to these sort of confusions. They usually stem up from people who doesn't take time when they write. Not that shedy doesn't use good grammer, just a rare slip.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    agnome is AZELF in japanese!!! not a grammar error at all. I even explained that in my previous post.

Please dont spam my thread either, i couldnt care less who has bad grammar, just take it to pms.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Because bad grammer leads to these sort of confusions. They usually stem up from people who doesn't take time when they write. Not that shedy doesn't use good grammer, just a rare slip.

Well, I know that but I was referring to the spelling part. Most of you, (including airconditioning). probably knew what I meant.

Also, sorry DA, and I wasn't saying it was a grammar error. I was referring to mine.

But, but back on-topic. The thing is, no matter how poorly it does in Uber, It's too powerful for OU play in the hands of a good player, similar to Wobba.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back