• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Player

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    strange... where can i get this? does someone ingame give you?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    And it's kinda disheartening to see that everyone's just bashing and casting away the remixed music just so they can hug their 8-bit music.

The remixes aren't nearly getting enough credit. While I will admit some aren't as spectacular, the majority of them are simply stunning. (In my opinion at least)
    I think that the new remixed music is really nice. I am sure that nearly all of us may have liked the new music but some may want to use the player sometimes.(maybe to compare between the different tunes or something.)

Its just a matter of preferences according to me.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    First I play Heart Gold with new sounds, when I beat Red I go and ask that guy to give me GB player, then I play with old sounds forever :D I like new songs but I want something old to there too. There's few songs that I don't like in Heart Gold (new Sprout Tower music) and this is just for that. Why didn't they make this kind of item in FR/LG too?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Wow GameFreak...way to undermine all the hard work that your composers put into the remixes. >_>

I loved the original soundtrack as much as the next guy, but seriously, the remixes I've heard are wonderful and if I'm playing on a more advanced hardware, I expect to hear music that matches a more advanced hardware. >_<

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2018
    I love the new music as much as the next guy...
    But for a game that is mainly aimed at either new pokefans who've never played it, or people like me who played, loved and treasured the originals...

Sorry, the nostalgia tips it in favour of the original music for me.
    In particular, the New Bark Town and Goldenrod City remixes let me down.
    I grew to like the new goldenrod music, but whenever i go to new bark, i play the original music on my pc and mute the ds, i just dont like it...

EDIT: Have to say though that the Battle remixes are excellent, especially Kanto's ones, and those are what matter most to me anyway.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    omgomgomgomgomg....!
    I will SO use this feature! Well, not ALL the time, but a lot of the time, yes. :3

Poliwhirled

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    I love the new music as much as the next guy...
    But for a game that is mainly aimed at either new pokefans who've never played it, or people like me who played, loved and treasured the originals...

Sorry, the nostalgia tips it in favour of the original music for me.
    In particular, the New Bark Town and Goldenrod City remixes let me down.
    I grew to like the new goldenrod music, but whenever i go to new bark, i play the original music on my pc and mute the ds, i just dont like it...

EDIT: Have to say though that the Battle remixes are excellent, especially Kanto's ones, and those are what matter most to me anyway.

You could just as easily pop a CR2 battery in your G/S if you just want nostalgia.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    When I first found this out, I knew Gamefreak didn't forget a single detail. Sure, some of the places might not sound exactly the same, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the Kanto battle theme, which made random encounters with Pokémon bearable.

Still don't know when to change into GB music and when to change to Remix.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Ja, I found the OST filled with 286 songs and the GS originals are in there, too. (Mine got 292 for some reason)

Anyway, I didn't get the item yet, but I know why did they make the Intro sequences. If a person were to change the code in the game properly, then the game would play the originals instead of the new ones.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    I loved the GSC soundtrack. Even have it on my iPod. :]
    Can't wait for the GB player. now they need a GB graphic option.
    Hellllooooo 2000!~

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I have to say that at first I was kind of "whatever" about this feature, but after seeing a few videos I've realized how much I really loved the GSC music in the days of old xD So I will probably use it about half of the time, because I think I will enjoy the newer music too. c: Good to know I have options though, this way everyone will be happy xD

Years
    Kleinchen makes a good point, either way, you're gonna be happy whether you use this thing or not... So I'd say it's not pivotal to the HGSS experience...
    I can honestly say that I only used it for legendary battles, otherwise, I stuck with the new music.
    :3

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    Truthfully I love the new remixs for most places (Some like Goldenrod I don't like) but I gotta say hearing the old music will defiantly push the nostalgia over the limit and I will have a heart attack when I hear it.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    Wow GameFreak...way to undermine all the hard work that your composers put into the remixes. >_>

I loved the original soundtrack as much as the next guy, but seriously, the remixes I've heard are wonderful and if I'm playing on a more advanced hardware, I expect to hear music that matches a more advanced hardware. >_<
    Which is why getting the item and using it are completely optional.

If you don't want to use it then either don't turn it on or just go through the whole game without getting it. Nobody's forcing you to use it.

I think this is a very interesting item, and it seems to be a bit of fanservice. I also like how all of the new HG/SS themes get new 8-bit themes for the GB Player.

Back