• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: GBA Item Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
  • Actually there's some offsets in the item data that seem to point to things involving an items use. I just haven't checked it out yet.

Okay, I couldn't help myself I had to edit it a little more.
    I fixed one little bug that only occurred when you tried to re-point description data to a part of an expanded ROM. So it now is compatible with repointing in an expanded ROM area.
    I also changed some things to prevent some possible bugs that could have occurred. Like setting the max value for price and index, which is 65535 (0xFFFF).

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

GBA Item Editor

The data has to be repointed then in order to make your own items?
    I circled that just to show people that there is no space to write in the description but I just want to be sure before I try it.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • Gamer2020 said:
    The data has to be repointed then in order to make your own items?
    I circled that just to show people that there is no space to write in the description but I just want to be sure before I try it.
    Then you must repoint the Description pointer :), by putting in a offset with the message already cause I'm not sure if you can add a empty offset and edit the text.

Years
  • Then you must repoint the Description pointer :), by putting in a offset with the message already cause I'm not sure if you can add a empty offset and edit the text.
    Actually you can repoint to empty space or an offset. If it's empty space, it'll read the amount of consecutive 'FF' up to a maximum of 110, and depending on how many consecutive 'FF' are at the offset, the text count will change accordingly.
    Or you could say re-point the description to that of the Great Ball, and the text count will adjust for that.
    hey does the item editor sell the items in every mart?coz it didn't work for me..
    This program has nothing to do with Poke-Marts. Look at A-mart or script for that.

AmineX

Music Expert
    Years
  • i have suggestion if you permesse:
    - 7 digit support (cause of txt repointing)
    - possibility to edit ?????? (for exemple when i move one ??? to th/hm i can't edit attack)
    that all for the moment

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Actually you can repoint to empty space or an offset. If it's empty space, it'll read the amount of consecutive 'FF' up to a maximum of 110, and depending on how many consecutive 'FF' are at the offset, the text count will change accordingly.
    Or you could say re-point the description to that of the Great Ball, and the text count will adjust for that.

This program has nothing to do with Poke-Marts. Look at A-mart or script for that.

One last question. Sorry if its off topic. Which is the blank space in ruby FF or 00?

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
    Years
  • Gamer2020 said:
    One last question. Sorry if its off topic. Which is the blank space in ruby FF or 00?
    Well, normally its 0xFF, but if you've got a whole lot of 0x00s then you can use those as well.

Years
  • i have suggestion if you permesse:
    - 7 digit support (cause of txt repointing)
    - possibility to edit ?????? (for exemple when i move one ??? to th/hm i can't edit attack)
    that all for the moment
    1. Already done, I think. Did you try downloading my last update?
    2. I only set the attack data to enable itself when a default TM/HM was selected.
    For you to attempt to create a TM, you'd need to do a lot more than just change the pocket. You'd need to first of all, re-repoint the TM/HM attack data and then try to add it. Then you'd need to edit the ASM code to turn that unused item into a TM. But I feel like I'm forgetting something, so there's probably more to it than that.
    Ummm How Do I Open rar Files? Im having Probs
    Extract the ROM from the zip file.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    awesome program, dude! I'm continuosly excited at the many new tools to edit these Pokemon games...

but there's ONE THING I'd like to see happen. A Pokéball editor! Is THAT possible? You know, so you can modify the strength of each ball.

Years
  • awesome program, dude! I'm continuosly excited at the many new tools to edit these Pokemon games...

but there's ONE THING I'd like to see happen. A Pokéball editor! Is THAT possible? You know, so you can modify the strength of each ball.
    Probably not without ASM.

I just added one thing that might only interest people who want to use for ROM's that languages differ from English.
    Jirachi260 gave me pointers so that I would add French ROM compatibility but instead I re-wrote parts of the program to allow any language ROM to edited by this program if you can be bothered adding pointerts to the ini.
    If you want it, here.
    Download

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Amine, it is just a few posts above where it's written that actually no one can change the item's effect in the game, so if you want to make items from blank space, they must be key items with no actual use but to be present in the bag in order to proceed in the story or so.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    but how much different would it be to item-editing and/or Pokémon statistics? If its relatively easy to find out where the price for each item and where its supposed to be stored in the game is, then what makes finding Pokéball stats harder?

sorry, just a question by a person that knows little to zero about hex-editing and the like. ;)

Years
  • but how much different would it be to item-editing and/or Pokémon statistics? If its relatively easy to find out where the price for each item and where its supposed to be stored in the game is, then what makes finding Pokéball stats harder?

sorry, just a question by a person that knows little to zero about hex-editing and the like. ;)

It's more about how Gamefreak has designed these games.
    Item Data, Base Stats Data, Attack Data are all set layouts that Gamefreak has designed. Other things like Attack Effects, Attack Animation Effects, Item usage aren't apart of any set layouts. As far as I know, they're just direct ASM code that effect it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back