• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: GBA Item Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    oh... I see... that sucks.

I always thought Pokéball strengths would be part of the layout group since it seems like a fairly simple structure... like the 'Catch Rate' on Pokémon Stats editors.

While Item effects seem like it would be confusing to decode... I thought Pokéball strengths would be rather simple...

but alas!

SpellingAce

Who, me?
    Years
  • Help! I tried the Item Editor but all the words appeared in random stuff like this: hACAChACACh3F hACAChACAChACAChACAC. Does it have to do with because my pc is a Windows 98?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Thethethethe, I've got the same problem. If this is made in VB6, I'm pretty sure it's some function that doesn't work on my Chinese computer. x.x Can you help wit it?

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    When I changed a HM05 and saved it, next time I went into the Item Editor I got this when I clicked on HM05:

Run-time error '380'

Invalid property value

Years
  • Sorry it's a late response.
    Help! I tried the Item Editor but all the words appeared in random stuff like this: hACAChACACh3F hACAChACAChACAChACAC. Does it have to do with because my pc is a Windows 98?

Thethethethe, I've got the same problem. If this is made in VB6, I'm pretty sure it's some function that doesn't work on my Chinese computer. x.x Can you help wit it?
    Could you show me a screen, because I'll try and recreate the error.
    When I changed a HM05 and saved it, next time I went into the Item Editor I got this when I clicked on HM05:

Run-time error '380'

Invalid property value
    What exactly did you change? Because that will make it easier for me to find an error.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Hey ya go. I highly doubt you can recreate it though.
    GBA Item Editor

CheshireCam

The Cheshire Camothy
    Years
  • Just thought I'd let you know, I'm diving head-first into making my very first ROM, and I'm trusting in your tools to help me! Thanks for all the wonderful time it's going to save me, in advance!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Hey I have an idea.
    I dont know to much about making tools so dont bite my head off for this one.

What if you add an option where you can repoint the item picture?

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    err... unchanged Fire red and unchanged leaf green gave me the same Run-time error '380': Invalid property value. I can load Emerald NP.. but even freshly downloaded FR/LG.. from different sources.. they don't work.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Hey I have an idea.
    I dont know to much about making tools so dont bite my head off for this one.

What if you add an option where you can repoint the item picture?

Why not use my tool, Item Image Editor? Probably the wrong name to choose but that was a long time ago...

It'll repoint the image and pallete location if you tell it to:D You can get it in my thread!

If the link is down, just PM me...

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    err... unchanged Fire red and unchanged leaf green gave me the same Run-time error '380': Invalid property value. I can load Emerald NP.. but even freshly downloaded FR/LG.. from different sources.. they don't work.

I also run into this problem. I'm using English FR.

Are there any other programs which can change item name and description?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Thanks

Thanks so much! I'm an amature editor, and working on a mac, so I can't really use the Title editor... and I've tried opening it with the mac .exe converter thing, and it keeps saying that the library needed is missing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back