• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBC Custom Sprites

Years
  • Pokemon Hearts and Spades​

o9kNLvF.png

I should make formatting fixes and add headings and the like soon. Open the image in a new tab to zoom in on the pixels.

This image shows trainers, with type specialties, and their respective pokemon below.

Also, I will post the in-progress pokedex I have soon, with over 100+ pokemon sprites completed!
    (Might I add a couple of the sprites are not finished, like the filagree lion.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Why hasn't anyone commented on this yet? This is great work, I sure wish I had the talent to do this :P

Maybe, because they're all fakemon and original trainers? There's usually less of an interest in that than devamps/revamps.

I don't think they look bad, myself... Just not too interested in them.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Maybe, because they're all fakemon and original trainers? There's usually less of an interest in that than devamps/revamps.

I don't think they look bad, myself... Just not too interested in them.

Well, I don't know about others but I personally love Fakemon. It's great to see all the artists out there create their own designed Pokémon, it really amazes me what artists are capable of.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Well, I don't know about others but I personally love Fakemon. It's great to see all the artists out there create their own designed Pokémon, it really amazes me what artists are capable of.

People that visit this sub are usually people that search for art for their ROM hacks. These sprites are GBC, which most people will never wanna use, because hacks are third gen, and fakemon are almost never free for use, so it turns people off. Mostly, people give them a good lock and then move on.

I love the dex, btw. All your sprite work is amazing. I think I'd like it better if the designs were in the modern style, but damn if they don't look amazing in the GBC style.

Years
  • Also, I love generation 2 style sprites. I think the issue is not the look more than the access to tools and such with the gba games.
    They just look so cartoonish, I love it.

Gen 2's high contrast and saturation really sticks out as the best sprite work imo, and gen 3 close behind.

Gen 4 was just bad as far as style, gen 5 was actually refreshing, but only animated.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Personally, I adore gen 1&2 (2 especially) sprites, I love gen3 no doubt, gen4 was, decent.. And gen5 oh god, just made me vomit. I dunno why, but gen5 really hurt me when I saw it's sprites for the first time. I thought Pokémon was just about done then, but then gen6 came along and saved it :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    very colorful and nostalgic, great work!!

Do you make your own original pokemon sprite designs? cause you should.

jacktheking

Hatched Egg
    Years
  • Great sprites you have here! I know you are working on a game.. however, would it be possible for me to use them in another game as well?

Back