• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Unfortunately I am very busy with my work and my fangame, so sorry, this plugin is on pause ^^"

I'm using Essentials v20.1, and for some reason the animation for Surf when used by the player goes down and loops through the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen instead of going up toward the enemy. This also happened with surf when I was still using v18. It also does this in the animation editor. The animation when an opponent uses surf works fine though.
    Are you using a new version of this plugin? I remember solving this issue ^^

I recently added these animations to my game, and they're really good, but I've noticed some animations will show up in the upper left corner of the screen rather than centering on the Pokemon, in particular Lucky Chant and Teleport. Even stranger is that they work just fine in the debug menu, but in actual battles, they're off in the corner. Has anyone else noticed this happening?
    What version of Essentials do you use?
    I use V18, and I can't reproduce your issue (Teleport and Lucky Chant look fine to me).

Using EBDX in v19, every physical attack where it requires the Pokémon to move, it jumps up where it shouldn't. How do I correct?
    Can you screen this?
    I fear EBDX has weird interactions with animations, all the more if the bases of the animation are from Essentials v15 or v16 ^^"

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    What version of Essentials do you use?
    I use V18, and I can't reproduce your issue (Teleport and Lucky Chant look fine to me).

Can you screen this?
    I fear EBDX has weird interactions with animations, all the more if the bases of the animation are from Essentials v15 or v16 ^^"

This is the Quick Attack, during the animation the Pokemon jumps out of position, the user and enemy.
    https://imgur.com/a/bfF7ASg

After the move animation, the Pokémon return to their current position.
    https://imgur.com/a/Ydm3Kuy

I downloaded the latest version of your resource, thanks for the support.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Can you screen this?

After testing, I found that this happens because I migrated from Essentials version 18 to 19, keeping the graphics from Essentials v18, as I modified Pokémon sprites.

The game understands that Pokémon's Y position is slightly higher than it should be. Would you know what code you would need to modify to place the attacks?

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    Most of the animations look and work great, but some of them I am trying to look into myself and I get this error every time:

[Pokémon Essentials version 20.1]
    [v20.1 Hotfixes 1.0.3]

Exception: TypeError

Backtrace:
    214:BattleAnimationPlayer:313:in `|'
    214:BattleAnimationPlayer:313:in `to_s'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:384:in `sprintf'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:384:in `block in pbTimingList'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:383:in `each'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:383:in `pbTimingList'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:1127:in `block in animationEditorMain'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:998:in `loop'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:998:in `animationEditorMain'
    367:AnimEditor_Functions:1188:in `pbAnimationEditor'

And like some other people said, some of the animations do appear in the top left or right of the screen, and the Mega animation also has the issue of taking a few seconds to load.

These are all on v20.1, btw. Just wanted to make these issues known!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Can you screen this?

Hello, I saw that if we leave the X and Y chosen by EBS by default, nothing happens, but my sprites need to be moved to be docked.

When I move some sprite and change the metrics that are in PBS/EBDX/pokemon.txt, when taking the attack, the Pokemon goes to the default position and then returns to the metric defined in PBS/EBDX/pokemon.txt

Do you know how to handle this?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I am sorry I cannot help more, but my fangame is getting beta-tested and it is my absolute priority right now.

Most of the animations look and work great, but some of them I am trying to look into myself and I get this error every time:

And like some other people said, some of the animations do appear in the top left or right of the screen, and the Mega animation also has the issue of taking a few seconds to load.

These are all on v20.1, btw. Just wanted to make these issues known!

This error is due to a typo in the script : 007_BattleAnimationPlayer
    Go to line 311, you should see:

Code:
          text += sprintf(" (color=%s,%s,%s,%s)",
                          @colorRed || "-",
                          @colorGreen | "-",
                          @colorBlue || "-",
                          @colorAlpha || "-")

The error is in line 313; there is only one bar, there should be two:

Code:
          text += sprintf(" (color=%s,%s,%s,%s)",
                          @colorRed || "-",
                          @colorGreen || "-", # Two bars here, otherwise it's another operator.
                          @colorBlue || "-",
                          @colorAlpha || "-")

The animation editor should be ok now.

Sorry, should have mentioned that. I'm using v20.1

I will have to check what is going on with v20. Sorry but I cannot help right now, you'll have to use the animation editor (don't forget to fix the typo I fixed above).

After testing, I found that this happens because I migrated from Essentials version 18 to 19, keeping the graphics from Essentials v18, as I modified Pokémon sprites.

The game understands that Pokémon's Y position is slightly higher than it should be. Would you know what code you would need to modify to place the attacks?

Hello, I saw that if we leave the X and Y chosen by EBS by default, nothing happens, but my sprites need to be moved to be docked.

When I move some sprite and change the metrics that are in PBS/EBDX/pokemon.txt, when taking the attack, the Pokemon goes to the default position and then returns to the metric defined in PBS/EBDX/pokemon.txt

Do you know how to handle this?

Sorry I cannot dive into this. However it looks like an issue with EBDX so maybe you can have more success if you ask the dev of EBDX?
    I feel I should work with him though, it's not the first time this plugin has issues with EBDX.

Years
  • I recently added these animations to my game, and they're really good, but I've noticed some animations will show up in the upper left corner of the screen rather than centering on the Pokemon, in particular Lucky Chant and Teleport. Even stranger is that they work just fine in the debug menu, but in actual battles, they're off in the corner. Has anyone else noticed this happening?

I have the same problem with these animations on my game. Everything seems to work just fine but a lot of moves that should appear on the user show up in the upper left corner. I have the problem with Lucky Chant and Teleport but also Ingrain, Work Up, Dragon Dance and non-ghost Curse. I suspect the problem to be on every user-centered move. I also use v20.1.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Seems like i'm late to the party, but I was just wondering if there was ever a fix for moves appearing on the top left and some moves like agility just not working.
    Edit: I should mention this on 20.1

Years
  • So some animations, particularly animations for self-targeting moves, are broken in v20.1. From what I can tell, it looks like these animations have the target as the focus, when 20.1 only accepts the user for self-targeting moves. Me and another developer, Nut0066, have been going through and fixing these, as well as making animations for new moves introduced in PLA and Gen 9. Files for those moves should be attached.

Moves fixed:
    Spoiler:

PLA/Gen 9 moves added:
    Spoiler:

I know there's also been a few other Gen 9 move animations that were posted on the Relic Castle thread, though I obviously can't find the proper credit for those with the site down.

Edit: Nut0066 sent me animations for the PLA Forces of Nature moves seconds after I posted this. The attached .zip should be updated.

Attachments

• FixedAnimations.zip
      19.8 KB · Views: 48
    • NewAnimations.zip
      93.7 KB · Views: 37
    Last edited:

RegalSword

Pokemon Itinerant Developer
    Days
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Me and another developer, Nut0066, have been going through and fixing these, as well as making animations for new moves introduced in PLA and Gen 9. Files for those moves should be attached.
    Hello! I was wondering if you could teach me how to import the .anm files into Essentials? Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hello! I was wondering if you could teach me how to import the .anm files into Essentials? Thanks in advance!

Make a new animation list, click a Import animation on the right side, choose your .anm file, done

Note : place the (name).anm file to root game folder before import it..

Sorry for my bad grammar..

Years
  • Got some more moves, both fixed old ones and new ones. Reuploading all the move files since there were some errors before, which should be fixed now.

In addition to all the moves in my post above, these folders also have:

Fixed moves:
    Spoiler:

New moves:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: People have been DMing me asking for the ids of the fixed moves, since they can be really hard to track down. Here's a list of where all their IDs should be by default:
    Spoiler:

EDIT (cont.): also added three new fixed animations.

Attachments

• PLA + Gen 9 Move Animations.zip
      130 KB · Views: 67
    • FixedAnimations.zip
      128.6 KB · Views: 61
    Last edited:
    Back