• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VI Speculation Thread

Years
  • Basically what the title says.

What do you think Nintendo/Game Freak will do with:

• The region
    • Gym leaders
    • Legendaries
    • Starters
    • Villains
    • The rival
    • Anything else you can think of

Post what you want.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • The region

Since Unova is patterned after new York, i presume the next region would also be patterned somewhere near, like Canada or something. It can be connected geographically to Undella via a bridge, since it is a recurring theme in Unova. Also, it can be reached via ship to Castelia City, or also through a train to Nimbasa (Battle Subway) To many similarities with GSC, and i can't miss it.

Gym leaders

Since there are 7 types used in Unova (not counting Striaton: Normal, Bug, Electric. Ground, Flying, Ice, Dragon) the 8 types used in the next region would not be any of these type. If i would have my way, I would have...

A Rock Type (bringing back the classics): Gravel Badge (a male, probably)
    A Grass Type (abundance of type in early-game): Turf Badge (female)
    A Poison Type (same as grass): Toxin Badge (male)
    A Fire Type (drastic environment change): Warmth Badge (male)
    A Psychic Type (urbanized city at fifth badge): Occult Badge (female)
    A Water Type (water community, nearing the edge of the region, connection to Undella): Flood Badge (female)
    A Steel Type (more like a Byron-guy): Solder Badge (buff guy. really buff guy.)
    A Mixed-team (city of the antagonist team): Twilight Badge (leader of the team)

The Elite Four would be like Unova's Elite Four with Caitlin gone, replaced with Drayden (Dragon type) The Champion uses Mixed Type Team

Legendaries

Still two conflicting legendaries, this time from Egyptian myth, between the Sky Goddess (Thunder Dragon) and the Earth God (Steel Dragon) (Nut and Geb.) A third legendary Pokemon, the master of the Trio is the Sun God or Ra (Fire Dragon). They are the boxart Pokemon. Another trio, taken from Ancient Myth (the Minotaur, the Sphinx, and the Harpy) will appear. A duo from the Korean Yin and Yang (like Reshi and Zek) would also appear: conflicting ideas of good and evil. These are the leggendary Pokemon, and all are critical to the plot.

Starters

The traditional water-fire-grass types still stands, although their final evolution will be part dragon-types (that's epic)

Villains

The villainous team is a team composed of only five members, each a notable trainer in itself. Throughout the story, you will meet a member every now and then. Their purpose is to awaken the Sky Goddess or Earth God so that they can control whatever element the legendary is controlling, and in turn control the whole world. In the final city, they will succeed in controlling the legendary, and control the world. Their leader will be the town's gym leader, and he will be using the dragon against you.

The rival

Gary-like rival. Aims to be the champion. No backstory or whatever, but will become a member of the villainous team.

Anything else you can think of

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The traditional water-fire-grass types still stands, although their final evolution will be part dragon-types (that's epic)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO that would be so annoying. Then all the starters would have to be serpentine or reptilian in some way, and that'd be...not too creative imo.

I would just really love a Dark type gym! We've had every other type except Dark, however we've had 3 Dark type E4 members.

Some things that should return:
    - VS. Seeker
    - Follow me feature
    - Reusable TMs
    - On the side note of TMs, bring me back dem elemental punch TMs
    - Fully animated sprites
    - Non-native Pokemon (have gen VI Pokemon and some older gen stuff)
    - Either gen III style contests or Pokethlon

Things that should not be present:
    - HM reliance (I'd like something similar to how BW treated them)
    - Broken level 54 Hydreigons or any other psuedo-legendaries
    - Musicals of any sort
    - Fire/Fighting final stage starter

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOO that would be so annoying. Then all the starters would have to be serpentine or reptilian in some way, and that'd be...not too creative imo.

Yeah. Knowing Gamefreak, reptilian for the fire and water types and serpentine for the grass type would be their bet. But they made Serperior's design awesome which would be a great design for a dragon. But still...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This would be my ideal 8 Gyms..

#1 - Grass
    #2 - Fire
    #3 - Ground
    #4 - Ice
    #5 - Dark
    #6 - Poison
    #7 - Psychic
    #8 - Flying

There has NEVER been a dark type gym leader.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Well I was writing out a very cool and detailed 6th gen concept but my stupid computer randomly went back a page and deleted everything I wrote. So I am going to write it all out in a text document and post it on this post as an edit later.

My concept of course is WAY different then the stereotypical Pokemon game set up, so in order to properly answer this thread before I post my awesome little game concept, Game Freak will probably just build the 6th Gen just like they do for every previous generation except changing a few minor things like they did in Black and White.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Wow, we're already at the point where we speculate on Gen VI.

I really want a rival that's similar to Bianca and Barry. I don't want a sore loser for my rival, if I beat them I want them to accept that and just try harder next time.

Also like most people have said I think it's about time we had a Dark gym and stop having Ice type 7th Gyms. I think we're also due for a second poison and a mixed type gym leader.

I hope they do keep the reusable TMs like in Black/White and if I get to look for treasure and sell it to a rich guy for loads of money give me something to spend that money on. I feel like after the inclusion of bases and the villa I just need somewhere to chill out in the game.

One of the most important things that Black/White left out was the option of re-battling trainers and gym leaders. Especially the Gym Leader part.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Features to return
    - VS Seeker
    - Reuseable TMs
    - Following Pokemon
    - Move Tutors
    - Battle Frontier kind of thing
    - Side challenge that is NOT a musical
    - Animated Sprites. They showed us they can do they can't take it away.
    - Start Menu like HGSS
    - Something like the Entralink/Underground

Features to not include

- Fire/Fighting Starter
    - Dragon type starters (Just no. Not needed.)

New Features that should be added
    - Changing story line due to in game choices

Could think of more but I really can't be bothered right now.

Years
  • Personally, I would like it to be:
    New Region
    Probably the new region will build off of the area Unova is in since its a fresh start compared to adding to the Kanto-Sinnoh-Johto-Hoenn area chain. Also it would be cool if this place was a little middle-eastern, to build off of this idea by miltankRancher
    Legendaries

Still two conflicting legendaries, this time from Egyptian myth, between the Sky Goddess (Thunder Dragon) and the Earth God (Steel Dragon) (Nut and Geb.) A third legendary Pokemon, the master of the Trio is the Sun God or Ra (Fire Dragon). They are the boxart Pokemon. Another trio, taken from Ancient Myth (the Minotaur, the Sphinx, and the Harpy) will appear. A duo from the Korean Yin and Yang (like Reshi and Zek) would also appear: conflicting ideas of good and evil. These are the leggendary Pokemon, and all are critical to the plot.

Villains

The villainous team is a team composed of only five members, each a notable trainer in itself. Throughout the story, you will meet a member every now and then. Their purpose is to awaken the Sky Goddess or Earth God so that they can control whatever element the legendary is controlling, and in turn control the whole world. In the final city, they will succeed in controlling the legendary, and control the world. Their leader will be the town's gym leader, and he will be using the dragon against you.

Gyms
    -Rock
    -Water
    -Fire
    -Dark
    -Psychic
    -Electric
    -Ice
    -Dragon
    This order specifically so its not that easy to easily plan a team for each gym, that way it is a bit more of a challenge to you.

Villains
    I do like the idea of keeping the same derpy team who's members are dumb as a brick when it comes to battling, but they need to have their leaders who are experienced and will beat you up if you're not careful, unlike Cyrus, Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter -___-

Pokemon
    A lot of thinking will be required here, and base it off of myths and stuff but not try to add too many or too little, and have non-natives in the area for the feeling of recognition and comfort.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Make the game a lot more harder please. And I wish for some kind of uber trainer that is hard(really hard) to beat Red/Daigo esque-like. Adding an uber champion post game make the add more value to it.
    A side story for gym leaders and everyone else. I know this 'entitled' Pokemon, but please game freak, stop treating your awesomely designed human character just like a bunch of pixel with story and involvement to the story whatsoever.
    I would love to see if the main villain portrayed more tougher than before. Like we teamin up against him or he already battled by the gm leaders before to soft him up.

The13thSage

Only guy who likes Shedinja :P
    Years
  • I might be editing this as I think of ideas.
    What I would like to see return:
    Vs Seeker (My favorite key item. Hands down.)
    Repeatable Trainers- specifically gym leaders, and maybe an enemy team member in there or two.
    Gym types that have had only one or two gyms. (Poison, Steel, Dark, ect.)
    Team Plasma- not the entire team, but a cameo- similar to the team rocket guy in Unova.
    HM06 (Dive), gotten during the story.
    Some non gen-6 pokemon found before post-game. (But I still want the majority to be Gen-6 pokemon. Also: pokemon that only appeared in one game, such as nincada.)
    Some type combinations we haven't seen yet- i.e. Water/Fire, Ghost/Steel, ect.)

What I would not like to see:
    A Fire/fighting starter
    Useless pokemon
    Pokemon with horrible designs
    Obnoxious/Annoying/Things we cannot stand characters
    One-dimentional characters.
    The plot of gens 1-4.

Stuff I would like to see (NEW):
    A new type- Preferably light (We haven't had a new type since gen 2. We could use one.)
    Some new evolutions to existing pokemon (Such as Durant, Audino, Miltank, ect.)
    A dark gym. (Self explanatory.)
    Characters with some back story behind them. (See below.)
    A plot similar to PMD. (As in I want to see some emotion. Goes along with the previous point.)
    A feature in the post-game to be able to listen to the music within the game. (Self explanatory.)

The Gym Order:
    1: Steel (Screw Badge)
    2: Ghost (Phantom Badge)
    3: Grass (Maple Badge)
    4: Poison (Snake badge) (Gym leader is high ranking member of the enemy team)
    5: Fire (Torch Badge)
    6: Normal (Note Badge) (Gym leader is your mom)
    7: Dark (Darkness Badge)
    8: Light (Heaven Badge) (Gym leader is the same as the 4th gym)

The New Type- Light:
    I Talked about the new type briefly earlier but here is the rest of it. The new type will be Light, obviously. The new type could also be a dual type with the fire starter (Fire/Light). In addition, Solrock will change from Rock/Psychic to Rock/Light, Litwick and evolutions will be Ghost/Light, and other light looking pokemon will have Light as a typing. The type will also have a chance to burn, with any move, to certain types.
    x2 Damage To: Grass, Ghost, Bug, Ice, Dark (Killing off Weakness-less pokemon)
    Will have a 25% chance of inflicting burn to: Flying, Steel, Grass, Bug, Ice
    x.5 Damage to: Rock, Psychic, Steel
    No damage to: Fire
    x2 Received from: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
    x.5 Received from: Grass, Bug, Ice
    IMMUNE TO: Fire

TBC (Not that I'm out of ideas- I just need a break.)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    The New Type- Light:
    I Talked about the new type briefly earlier but here is the rest of it. The new type will be Light, obviously. The new type could also be a dual type with the fire starter (Fire/Light). In addition, Solrock will change from Rock/Psychic to Rock/Light, Litwick and evolutions will be Ghost/Light, and other light looking pokemon will have Light as a typing. The type will also have a chance to burn, with any move, to certain types.
    x2 Damage To: Grass, Ghost, Bug, Ice, Dark (Killing off Weakness-less pokemon)
    Will have a 25% chance of inflicting burn to: Flying, Steel, Grass, Bug, Ice
    x.5 Damage to: Rock, Psychic, Steel
    No damage to: Fire
    x2 Received from: Dark, Ghost, Psychic
    x.5 Received from: Grass, Bug, Ice
    IMMUNE TO: Fire

TBC (Not that I'm out of ideas- I just need a break.)

I always liked the idea of having a new type such as "Light", but I liked the idea of it being weak to Ice and Poison, the reason is because those types need to be used more. They have hardly any usefulness as they are now and need new things to be super effective against.
    That's just my opinion about it though.

Also as an added note, you don't change pokemon that already have proper typing sets. Leave Solrock alone, and the Litwick cycle is perfect as Ghost and Fire so leave it alone. The best you could do to getting a change out of already set types is by providing a new evolution set. For instance, Solrock can evolve from Rock and Psychic to a new form that is Rock and Light.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Light wouldn't work. Just because there is 'dark' that doesn't mean we need 'light to balance it out. "Dark" type named as "evil" type in Japanese. What would 'light' named in japanese then? "good" type or "justice" type? that doesn't make sense. Light type also sounds too cliche(Dark versus Light. oh boy, how many time have I seen that?)
    By my statement before, 'fighting' could considered as 'justice' type(which make dark/fight type could be considered as dark justice). Thus light would'nt necessary as it will possibly break current metagame. Just fix types that have too much weakness with little advantage over like Grass type and Rock type.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • Some really cool ideas in this thread! I have a long list of things I'd love to see/ could see happening, but I'm sort of preoccupied right now.

Like a few have said, I'd love to see a non fire/fighting combo.

I would really like to see a criminal organization that was a little less ridiculous, at least as far as their uniforms go. I'd like them a little more Mercenary like (of course not too much, as the subject matter might be a little past PG) I'm just thinking like an Olive drab Balaclava, Plate carrier, and Khaki cargo pants, as apposed to strange pseudo-medieval knight thingies from Team Plasma lol

I'd also love it if they could continue the story past the League. Or if they did something like the Johto games did, allowing people back into region from a previous generation, I would force a more linear path (So it would seem like a whole new game, instead of just going off in a random direction taking out the gym leaders in any order like Kanto)

Keep the ideas coming :) Lol these are kinda fun to read

Years
  • Make the game a lot more harder please. And I wish for some kind of uber trainer that is hard(really hard) to beat Red/Daigo esque-like. Adding an uber champion post game make the add more value to it.
    A side story for gym leaders and everyone else. I know this 'entitled' Pokemon, but please game freak, stop treating your awesomely designed human character just like a bunch of pixel with story and involvement to the story whatsoever.
    I would love to see if the main villain portrayed more tougher than before. Like we teamin up against him or he already battled by the gm leaders before to soft him up.

Yeah, having such flat characters is what made me not wanna continue some of the games. Also, the idea of Red or the main Unova character (Idk the name) as an elite trainer class (Pokemon Master?) coming back would be quite awesome

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Light type sounds hella cliche. Don't do it. Try and think creatively. Like... Mist type. Or... Mud type. Or... Energy type. Or... Plasma type. Or... Chemical type, or Radiation type. Hmmm... Mystic type. I'm not saying any of those are good, but you have to think outside the box.

Gyms
    (Female)1st Bug
    (Male) 2nd Fire
    (Female)3rd Poison
    (Male) 4th Psyhcic
    (Female)5th Steel
    (Male) 6th Ground
    (Male) 7th Ghost
    (Female)8th Dark
    E4
    (Female)Fighting
    (Male) Ice
    (Male) Grass
    (Female)Dragon
    Champion

At least two rivals, like B/W, but please, please don't do those sexist story lines where the Girl ends up not being strong enough to contend, while the Boy becomes power crazed. I nearly threw my DS when I heard Bianca. Well... The Rivals, like when they added female protaganists, should only get better, Oh, and I liked that thing someone said about Gym leaders with plot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I consider each Gen over only when the next Gen comes out. So... no.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • We're already worrying about this?
    Once there's even a glimmer of gen VI, you know I'll be all over it, but it's gonna be a while before anything really is said.

But I appreciate your anticipation for the next generation! Everyone seems to be talking about R/S/E remakes. :/

Crap, I wasted my 100th post on this?? LOL jk xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Make the game a lot more harder please. And I wish for some kind of uber trainer that is hard(really hard) to beat Red/Daigo esque-like. Adding an uber champion post game make the add more value to it.

If we're going to make something harder, let's not just make it harder for the sake of being harder. Let's get a better AI for better trainers. Generally Pokemon, to make things 'harder', ups the levels on things. That's not harder. What they need is an AI that takes advantage of switching and competitive-style battling. Of course it couldn't take over the game because that would be TOO hard, but more like for the Battle Frontier-type place.

Back