• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender Psychology: A Random Thought

Years
    More like you can assume for anyone just as conceited as you who shares your own narrow worldview and nothing else.

My mistake.

You need to realize that there will always be people who don't share your worldview, and you shouldn't insult and/or speak for them. Not so fun, is it?

Honestly not perturbed. I wasn't really seeking to be antagonistic there, just poor wording.

As for my worldview being narrow... I don't think you can call the more open-minded worldview the narrow one. That being said this was never a thread to debate the existence of transgender people and nether of us should continue this debate here. If you want to continue that discussion, feel free to make a thread for it or even to PM me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Honestly not perturbed. I wasn't really seeking to be antagonistic there, just poor wording.

As for my worldview being narrow... I don't think you can call the more open-minded worldview the narrow one. That being said this was never a thread to debate the existence of transgender people and nether of us should continue this debate here. If you want to continue that discussion, feel free to make a thread for it or even to PM me.

Fine. No offense taken.

Just saying, man, feeling that self-proclaimed transsexuals have rights, or even the right to call themselves whatever they want, but personally believing it's actually a thing or not, are two wholly different things.

That was more my point.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
    ...This is an interesting thread.

'Gender roles' don't make sense to me, period. I mean, can a person HONESTLY LIKE THEMSELVES if they go around hating cute things just cuz they're 'for girls'? To me, that doesn't seem like anything I would accept about my own self at all. Cute things are wholesome and should be enjoyed by everyone. My honest opinion.

As for transgender, its hard what to really say about it, due to my own views on gender.

I don't mind if people want to be thought of as a different gender because I like to accept others for who they are and want to think of themselves as :)

But, yeah, gender roles make no sense to me. I often think they're just an excuse some people use to be heartless and evil. Sorry if anyone greatly disagrees to that. But don't you think it seems kind of.....cruel to hold something against stuff like flowers or characters that resemble baby animals? Look deep down to find your honest feelings and just FORGET 'gender norms'.

Last edited:

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
    Okay, so I'd like to throw out the notion of "what is transgenderism?"
    Now of course the obvious answer is "the concept of not identifying with one's born sex."

Now I ask, where does such a concept come from or what is it in action?

The interesting thing is that Transexuals are the point since it deals with the whole "gender dysphoria" talk. Now this is a mental issue in regards to the biological brain so there's that.

Now for the other part, the whole Gender non-conformity. This is more disagreements with the social behaviours deemed in regards to your gender role (Male, Female) and all that and how you behave in society. Now, the issue I have isn't that such roles exist, but they focus too heavily on traits being the indicator for how "Male" or "Female" you are. The thing is there are such things as Masucline and Feminine traits, but they aren't exclusive to their respective sex. The interesting thing is in regards to the traits, they are part of the makeup...not the defining factor. I used to agree that gender roles were an issue, but after some reflecting and whatnot I've come to the following.

"Gender roles exist, because sexes and the majority of how the gender of said sex behave is what is seen as 'normality'. This might seem as a problem, but then there's the question of is something that is far less normal, should be seen as normal? I personally believe that Gender and Biology are connected, and not exclusively separate. You can't be a transgender, without wanting to be the other sex, which doesn't happen unless you feel uncomfortable in your own body or want to be like the other sex, which doesn't happen unless there is the stuff in the brain going on that triggers that.

So where am I going with this?
    Gender Roles will exist as long as biological sex exists. We can say that traits aren't something, but there is the issue that more of [insert sex here] does such traits and therefore it would be more associated with it.

So as for something to say, Transexuals will always exist so long as Gender Dysphoria still exists and the person does attempt to transition.
    Gender Non-Conformists I don't see as transgenders, since they dispute the traits and not the entire factors, but that's my thoughts on the matter.

Overall I think the debate on Gender Roles won't amount to much. Not saying it isn't worth discussing, cause it is, but it's going on about the whole "should these things exist" without focusing on why they exist.

To sum up,
    I believe Trans is with Transexuals and are the true transgenders, and the ones that don't agree over traits or actions are more or less wanting to do what they want rather than actually "transitioning"

Years
    I think gender roles are a bit too constricting. In my personal opinion, people can do as they please as long as they're not hurting others. Therefore, I can't quite comprehend why some people discriminate against transgender people. It's honestly disheartening to see.

At the end of the day, we're all human and deserve respect. Whether one "agrees" with Transgender rights or not is irrelevant, there is absolutely no reasonable excuse for intolerance or blatant discrimination.

Back