• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Anime and Manga fan club

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
  • Yeah, Kendo is Japanese fencing.

Well, I dunno on webcams, but I suppose we could all put up pics of each other. Other than that, I really can't say.

chunckymonkey

homicidal maniac
    Years
  • YAY i'm home!!! so hows eveyone?
    blah blah blah blah blah blah
    uhh sure on the webcam thing (they'er a little expensive)

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Uh...maybe I got the wrong word. When I say webcams, I meant like, live video e-mail kinda thing, if that even exists. Are those webcams, or something else?

I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to tell our sponsor about this thread, since she'll have a lot to do with what's happening.Of course, I could just pass her messages on to you guys (referring to the online members). But, I don't know if this is really all that important but, who knows? Might be.

~Ozy~

Years
  • Well for video e-mail you have to have a video chat program which usually includes a little camera as far as I know. But from what I've seen, they're a bit pricey.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    about how much would you say?...do you think it's a good idea?

So, do you have any plans for the video game section? Firefly and Monkey are telling me that they want to help with the video game section, but I wouldn't depend on them too heavily. They're kinda flaky. :)

~Ozy~

Years
  • I really can't say. I haven't been to a computer store in a LOOOOOONG while, but an Amazon search says a little over $100 for an average one.

Anyway, if the two of them want to help, they can feel free to. Anyway, when you talk about ideas, do you mean web design, banners, layout? Or selection process (should that be required), what gets cut for content?

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    100$ huh...well, if I can get the other three to chip in, and get them to agree to the concept, we could probably swing that. Do you have a web cam? What abput you, Oni Flygon and 003, if you're still here...

For ideas for the video game section...just in general. How would you like it organized, and all the things you said up there as well.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I don't, unfortunately. Besides, the cheaapest I found for a Mac is $150. It'd take a bit, but I think it's doable. Until then we could set up a chat room or some such.

Lesee, section. I'd like to have a review every once and a while and a monthly editorial (I assume this is monthly). Layout I think will be the same as all the rest, just for continuity purposes. As for a banner, I'll try and cook somethin' up tonight or tomorrow. Content edits are self explanitory, no obscenities, explicit scenes, etc. As for selecting something, I'll try to discuss it with the editing staff if the issue comes up.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    (I'm Rose Flame, just so you know; I thought I'd try a new username, since I can't log onto my personal comp with my other username. Vampira is the nickname my mom gave me, so you can call me by either name)

Alright, great. So, let's aim at using webcams eventually;Just have to talk the others into it now.

I'll talk to firefly and see if she can set up a chat room at the site until then; frankly, I haven't the foggiest of how to do that. And, though the layout will be the same as the rest, given, I thought you might have an idea of what a good layout would look like.

Well, everything sounds good so far; I think that we can get things rolling pretty soon now; I apologize for how slow this is going, guys.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I suck at actually doing layout, trust me. I've given you pretty much all my ideas on the magazine and I have no experience in web design. But I think that putting a banner unique to each section at the top would be a nice touch. And try to steer clear of black, green, and blue for BG colors if we're using any.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    What are BG colors?

I've done what I consider to be a decent layout for the website, but I'm at a loss of what to do for the magazine; if it were a newspaper or a yearbook design, I'd have much less of a problem, but this...and wouldn't you know it, my favorite journalism teacher just moved to DC. But, thanks for the help anyway. We'll figure something out.

~Ozy~

Years
  • BG colors=Background colors.

Once school starts I can ask my teacher if you want. She knows what she's doing.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    That would be so nice; Thanks!

I can't speak for the others, but I personally like anime pictures faded into the background with bold or shadowed font; gives it a more 3D look. Oh, and you wanted to do reviews for the games and an editorial; I'll have to talk with the others about the editorial, but it's definitely a yes for the reviews. Actually, we've already decided how we're going to do those. I can explain it to you now if you want; it seems a little lengthy when I think about it, but it may not be once I put it down.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I'm comfortable with most any system, lay it out for me if 'ya don't mind (Sorry about my occasional Southern slang, it comes out more in typing than speech).

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Oh, don't worry about it. I sometimes sound like a brit when I speak because I listen to bowie music obsessively ;)

Anyway, sure, I can lay it out for you.

So, any more suggestions for anime and/or manga to check out? I'm thinking of reading Princess Ai, but the fact that it's based on Courtney Love's life is just not appealing.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I use a good bit of British slang as well, comes from too much Harry Potter.

Eh, that plain out never appealed to me. I don't quite get why Tokyopop published it. I'd suggest Confidential Confessions and Lament of the Lamb, but they're both 16+. Pity, that, I love 'em both. Other than that, I don't have much except Shaman King, Naruto and One Piece. They're all good, although the SK dub is awful as I expect the upcoming OP one to be. Why Viz had to cut a deal with 4Kids I'll never know.

falling up+
    Years
  • wait how mch HTML do you guys know specifically firefly? if she knows java real good like (i dont confusing stuff) i have a great idea for a layout. O and i can be in the meeting if you guys havent already gone ahead with it. Im into the dorms now so im good. Anyways mabye for the meeting we should meet up on AIM or some chat service it might be easier than refrshing PC every few minutes to check a new post just a thought...im out :sleepy:

edit: o yeah by the way i was at a summers end party if you can call it that and well lets just say that drinking and kendo arent good bedfellows. heh saw adamants post last page thought i would share lol

edit once more: o yeah by the way a great anime/manga is GTO (great teacher onizuka) but im pretty sure its 16+, and princess ai is decent but i wouldnt buy any more issues...darn tokyopop...

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    The Adamant Dodger said:
    I use a good bit of British slang as well, comes from too much Harry Potter.

Eh, that plain out never appealed to me. I don't quite get why Tokyopop published it. I'd suggest Confidential Confessions and Lament of the Lamb, but they're both 16+. Pity, that, I love 'em both. Other than that, I don't have much except Shaman King, Naruto and One Piece. They're all good, although the SK dub is awful as I expect the upcoming OP one to be. Why Viz had to cut a deal with 4Kids I'll never know.

I'll see if I can get a hold of those; you seem to have a pretty good taste in anime and manga. Another one that looked good was Kill Me Kiss Me. I don't even know what the plot is on that one however.

And to answer your question 003, no we haven't had the meeting yet. What time zone are you in? How does AIM work exactly; do you have to be an AOL member to use it?

~Ozy~

Years
  • 003: I know zip in the way of HTML. Used to know it, then I forgot.

Kill Me, Kiss Me I haven't read myself, but one of my friends is a fan of the series. As I remember the plotline is something like: A guy has a crush on a girl at an all girl's school in another town. At said school is his female cousin who has a crush on a guy at HIS school. The switch genders and schools. Comic hijinks ensue (I don't know about the last part, but I needed a conclusion). Oh, for romance stuff, I enjoy Mars and (if you don't mind shounen-ai) Gravitation.

Vampira

(Rose Flame)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2004
    Mars and Gravitation; never heard of them. But I will look into them. The Kill Me Kiss Me story line sounds good; though by the title, I expected more of a dramatic plot. Have you read Immortal Rain? The first volume came out a while ago. I thought it was pretty good myself.

Back