• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    PKMN_Sage, we're working on a group pokemon game in RM2K3.
    We;ve got about 6 members so far. Don't remember who they are though.
    If you want to join PM Krazy Meerkat or Darkmage. I'm not exactly good
    at making decisions.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Could you tell us what you did for future referance?

Years
    Heh heh, i didn't actually do anything, it just fixed itself :D
    But i'll give you a tip. To make your game run better, press F5 while in test play or while playing the game through the RPG_RT file. (It does make the window smaller though.)

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Oh. I'll have to tell other people that when they're having the same problem.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    PKMN Sage said:
    What group project? What are you guys working on Daegon?
    The group game uses a more advanced version of the CBS that Krazy has made. Where as the public battle sys is the back bone of it and the users have to add in the rest of the stuff, the group battle system will include a lot of other features which are being made by Daegon and Krazy. From what I remember the list of members includes, Phoenix316, Daegon Kimeron, Krazy_Meerkat, DarkMage31, Avatar and rm2k3kid. I may have missed some out though You're welcome to join if you want, just tell else what your main focus will be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    how do you make differnet sized maps not the four scales you can click i mean when you start a map how do you choose its size....thats one question that wasn't answered and the big one is i need help with lodaing other peoples games,
    -besides pokemon orre and GS advanced and Lunar the games i try to play always have an error, its usally system2 or system c or something that cant be opened, then i tried chaning the folder name to defualt like daegon said for his item system and that just made another errror except it was a direct file this time not the folder. im not sure how to fix this so if anyone could help it would be appreciated!

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    What do you mean by the scales? Do you mean changing the resolution?
    Anyway you change the map sizes by changing the dimensions. Changing the resolution can't be done. I think anyway.

Anyway, just change the system file to one from the RTP.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Mephias said:
    how do you make differnet sized maps not the four scales you can click i mean when you start a map how do you choose its size....thats one question that wasn't answered and the big one is i need help with lodaing other peoples games,
    -besides pokemon orre and GS advanced and Lunar the games i try to play always have an error, its usally system2 or system c or something that cant be opened, then i tried chaning the folder name to defualt like daegon said for his item system and that just made another errror except it was a direct file this time not the folder. im not sure how to fix this so if anyone could help it would be appreciated!

Well, I've just reuploaded Demo v2.0 the other day with corrections, no errors, and you can go a bit further into the game. So Pokemon Orre shouldn't be a problem now.

Years
    Well I made a Kamon charset last night but I dont have the right palette so could anyone post the offical art picture of Kamon?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.. check out my Kamon charset in resource thread.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    Sage - lol I said except, your game works perfectly, others on the other hand dont
    Daegon - I mean dimensions on the map so where do you go to change the dimensions, and what do you mean by change the system file to one from the RTP

Years
    Mephias said:
    Sage - lol I said except, your game works perfectly, others on the other hand dont
    Daegon - I mean dimensions on the map so where do you go to change the dimensions, and what do you mean by change the system file to one from the RTP

To make the size for maps bigger right click the map in the File Tree window in the bottom left corner and click Map Properties, then edit the X, Y in Dimensions

Oh yeah about the systemc and system2 problem, do you have RM2k or RM2k3?

Years
    Mephias said:
    RM2k, why do i need RM2k3? oh and thx on the map thing it works now

Well you dont need RM2k3, but in order to play games such as Pokemon Liquid you need the RTP for RM2k3, but tell me which files it says it cant open and ill post them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    ill have to get back to you later cause im going to the beach but then ill post all the missing files from all the games, lol, and thx for the help
    -jw what is the RTP cause Daegon was saying stuff like that and changing your system file to RTP and it would help if i knew what it was, be back on tonight

Years
    RTP is the Run Time Package, and is the standard graphics for RM2k and RM2k3, the program itself and RTP is downloaded seperately.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    How many items max can you get in the "items" section of the bag?

Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    How many items max can you get in the "items" section of the bag?

Well in the Pokemon games its 99, so I guess it should be 99 in the bag system.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    Well you dont need RM2k3, but in order to play games such as Pokemon Liquid you need the RTP for RM2k3, but tell me which files it says it cant open and ill post them.

sry its taken so long but ive been gathering as many resources i can so i can finally move on with my game without having to search for a bunch of chipsets, character sets, etc.- Anyways ill be downloading all the games on this forum i can find and ill find the missing files and fyi pokemon liquid works fine thats the only one i curently have the rest i have deleted cause they either didnt work or i played them already- ill get back to you as soon as i can!

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Pokemon Presets

I looked around a bit and didn't find any so here is a simple question.

Does anyone have a Pokemon Preset game that has no maps or story yet but has everything made to a Pokemon standard such as battle style, chipsets, char sets, and music. Really, the only thing I'm asking is can you make the program set up for Pokemon, instead of some final fantasy game? That would be helpful to many game makers or at least speed up the process I'm sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back