• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Re: to Barry's message

Barry said:
    I looked around a bit and didn't find any so here is a simple question.

Does anyone have a Pokemon Preset game that has no maps or story yet but has everything made to a Pokemon standard such as battle style, chipsets, char sets, and music. Really, the only thing I'm asking is can you make the program set up for Pokemon, instead of some final fantasy game? That would be helpful to many game makers or at least speed up the process I'm sure.

Just quoted for fun. Hehehehe...
    Anyway, Barry, I think there is a thread for what you need, and if you want Music, go to https://www.vgmusic.com/ and for Character Sets, I thought you could find them on the internet. The Final Fantasy thing is just a default. When you find the stuff you need, you go and put them in the correct folder, like these examples:

POKEMON RS BOY CHARSET : CharSet
    Rustboro : Chipset

and so on, and so on..
    Music, you'll know what to do.
    And Panorama (is that how it's spelled) is just for stuff like Key Items map, and blah. That's it. So I hope I helped, and I hope I did not sound mean. If I did, please PM (Private Message) me. You can sue me all you want.
    ~Tetris

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Tetris said:
    Just quoted for fun. Hehehehe...
    Anyway, Barry, I think there is a thread for what you need, and if you want Music, go to https://www.vgmusic.com/ and for Character Sets, I thought you could find them on the internet. The Final Fantasy thing is just a default. When you find the stuff you need, you go and put them in the correct folder, like these examples:

POKEMON RS BOY CHARSET : CharSet
    Rustboro : Chipset

and so on, and so on..
    Music, you'll know what to do.
    And Panorama (is that how it's spelled) is just for stuff like Key Items map, and blah. That's it. So I hope I helped, and I hope I did not sound mean. If I did, please PM (Private Message) me. You can sue me all you want.
    ~Tetris

Unfortunatly, that is of no help. I already know my basics to the program but the I was just curious if anyone would make a Pokemon Default for it.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    So basically you want a game that has had all the difficult and time consuming coding already done and you just want to build maps. I suggest you move to hacks because that isn't what RM2K is about.

Years
    I have a problem with starting up my game. It appeared that i deleted some item that was used in the script of the battlesys. I don't exactly know what happened, but it says "event script referenced to an item that does not exist" Could someone help me out, before i have to emigrate my game to a clean game.

Years
    Sharpedo said:
    I have a problem with starting up my game. It appeared that i deleted some item that was used in the script of the battlesys. I don't exactly know what happened, but it says "event script referenced to an item that does not exist" Could someone help me out, before i have to emigrate my game to a clean game.

Either you deleted the item, or you didnt include it when you put in the battle system.

Years
    Sharpedo said:
    yeah i've deleted it, but i'm desperate, because everything was going well until i deleted those items from the items list of rpgmaker :(:(:(

Just put them in again and it'll work like it should.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    hehe well this is odd every game i downloaded seems to work fine now...well i did download the RTP for RM2K3 so that probably helped, i havnt put the files for the battle system and the hungertired system into a game yet so i dont know if those work but ill edit my post later with that info, thx for the RTP info avatar! - btw the games i d/l are Pokemon lunar, GS, Unnamed, white, Orre, and liquid if im missing any plz tell me. I know im missing rusty but the link to downloaad doesn't work

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    phoenix316 said:
    So basically you want a game that has had all the difficult and time consuming coding already done and you just want to build maps. I suggest you move to hacks because that isn't what RM2K is about.

Well I never plan to hack. O_o I was just curious if anyone had made a preset pokemon game. But I suppose not. I already loaded all of my music, char sets, chip sets, and the other things. I really need some help with the battle system coding though. Same thing if I have to code the start menu and pokedex, all that good stuff.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    um i know how if its an event
    -btw this is also a very noobish question, i dont get the variables all that much, i see them in common events from other peoples games but i dont know where to make variables, omg this is hard to explain, i see the variable but its just a name isnt there like coding or something in the variable and if there is how do i edit a variable

Years
    Barry said:
    Well I never plan to hack. O_o I was just curious if anyone had made a preset pokemon game. But I suppose not. I already loaded all of my music, char sets, chip sets, and the other things. I really need some help with the battle system coding though. Same thing if I have to code the start menu and pokedex, all that good stuff.

Why don't you try Pokemon Liquid? I think it's got what you need! And for the music, try Pokemon Lunar. It's a bunch of files!
    And Mephias, isn't it Variable Operations or something? I think that's how you do it! And for editing, just right-click on it, and edit it.
    Hope this helps!
    ~Tetris

EDIT: Why did I say music? You already got music. DOH!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    lol i know how to edit by right clicking that would be very bad if iat least didnt know that, i still dont know where to go for the variable operations or whatever i cant find it, btw im using rm2k it should have it still though i load other peoples games and see their variables in their common events but how do you get to the variables, or aare the variables just little statements or something?

Years
    Mephias said:
    lol i know how to edit by right clicking that would be very bad if iat least didnt know that, i still dont know where to go for the variable operations or whatever i cant find it, btw im using rm2k it should have it still though i load other peoples games and see their variables in their common events but how do you get to the variables, or aare the variables just little statements or something?

Variables should be above switches in the menu, oh yeah and instead of right clicking to edit, press the space bar instead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    what do you mean in the menu like the common events event commands menu?? sry if im bugging you but once im not a newb you wont have to do this anymore! =)

Years
    Mephias said:
    what do you mean in the menu like the common events event commands menu?? sry if im bugging you but once im not a newb you wont have to do this anymore! =)

It's in the command menu

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    it says change variable and change switch is that what your talking about?
    -edit- nm i found it i have rm2k3 also its variable operations and you can change things in there, thats what i thought i was just confused i just have to understand what it does so im ok thx for the help!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Why don't you try Pokemon Liquid? I think it's got what you need! And for the music, try Pokemon Lunar. It's a bunch of files!
    And Mephias, isn't it Variable Operations or something? I think that's how you do it! And for editing, just right-click on it, and edit it.
    Hope this helps!
    ~Tetris

EDIT: Why did I say music? You already got music. DOH!
    I'm surprised people still know my game exists :)

It's been ages since I've updated, and is pretty bad compared to everything else around here now. :)

Years
    DarkMage31 said:
    I'm surprised people still know my game exists :)

It's been ages since I've updated, and is pretty bad compared to everything else around here now. :)

Well you should update it, and reconstruct the areas you think could be better, thats what I did with my project, with some of my old maps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back