• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
    Input Number - Asks the game player to type in a number of any length of digits, then saves it to a variable.

Key Input Proccesing - Waits for keys to be pressed on the keyboard, the saves them into a variable.
    Not Reccomended, There is a simpler method in conditional branch

Wait - Pauses the event for a number of frames.

Comment - Leave a Comment not read by the game, just for programmers to read.

Loop, End Loop - Makes a loop, that will repeat the code inside the loop and end loop until the loop is broken. (not sure how sorry)

Label - Labels the start of a block of code, like a bookmark, can be called to return to later on.

Jump to Label - Return to a label.

Variable Operation - Use commands to modify variables (numbers).

Local Switch Operation - Commands to turn on or off the local switches, which are switches only for the current event, there a 4 of them.

--Page 2---

Change Event Location - Moves this event to somewhere else, be it by variables or actual coordinates.

Proceed with Movement, As it suggests, proceed with movement of the event.

Prepare Transition - Sets the types of transition to use. (transition is the animation to fade out/in)

Execute Transition - Runs a transition using the settings in prepare transition.

Memorize BGM/BGS - remembers the sound/music that was last playing in the background.

Play Memorized BGM/BGS - plays the sound/music that was memorized.

---Page 3---

Enter Hero Name - Asks the game player to input a custom name, of a set length (you set) for a character.

Change Base Statistics - Changes the base stats of a character, like the strength.

Call Script - Allows you to execute a small piece of RGSS (Ruby) code.

Yoshiman

Also- Marrilman.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2012
    Hello people! I need help with a few things.
    -A Pokemon title showing POKEMON MYSTIC for my RM2K3 game.
    -Some pokemon OVERWORLD sprites that are custom to be my starter pokemon so I need a water, fire and grass OVERWORLD Pokemon. And if you could add there evos too.

If you can give me one PM me with the title and/or char set.

Thanks and you will be in my creds! :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Esai said:
    Input Number - Asks the game player to type in a number of any length of digits, then saves it to a variable.

Key Input Proccesing - Waits for keys to be pressed on the keyboard, the saves them into a variable.
    Not Reccomended, There is a simpler method in conditional branch

Wait - Pauses the event for a number of frames.

Comment - Leave a Comment not read by the game, just for programmers to read.

Loop, End Loop - Makes a loop, that will repeat the code inside the loop and end loop until the loop is broken. (not sure how sorry)

Label - Labels the start of a block of code, like a bookmark, can be called to return to later on.

Jump to Label - Return to a label.

Variable Operation - Use commands to modify variables (numbers).

Local Switch Operation - Commands to turn on or off the local switches, which are switches only for the current event, there a 4 of them.

--Page 2---

Change Event Location - Moves this event to somewhere else, be it by variables or actual coordinates.

Proceed with Movement, As it suggests, proceed with movement of the event.

Prepare Transition - Sets the types of transition to use. (transition is the animation to fade out/in)

Execute Transition - Runs a transition using the settings in prepare transition.

Memorize BGM/BGS - remembers the sound/music that was last playing in the background.

Play Memorized BGM/BGS - plays the sound/music that was memorized.

---Page 3---

Enter Hero Name - Asks the game player to input a custom name, of a set length (you set) for a character.

Change Base Statistics - Changes the base stats of a character, like the strength.

Call Script - Allows you to execute a small piece of RGSS (Ruby) code.

What'sa variable?

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    A variable is like a container of stuff, in RPG Maker's case, it could mostly store numerical values.

Neo Genesis

The Wanderer
    Years
    sorry for double posting but i need to konw how can u make new tile sets in rmxp because they automaticly erase when i close the database please help.

Years
    You're not clicking cancel are you? Make the tileset then select ok.. Test your game out with the new tilesets.. Nothing should be wrong unless you have a bad version of RM.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    i mean, for example: i am in a town and im about to go into a rout i dont want the screen to fade and then reappear with the route i want the actually map to move while i walk into the route

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back