• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
    Esai thats a way to specific question.
    first you need to have a battle/system and a party system to keep track of hp.

Silver Pearl

Vote ME for President!
    Years
    never mind that other one i have a fatal error in rm2k3:

Access violation in module 'RPG2003.EXE' at address 00446C24 with offset 000095C1 of type Read occured

it happened when I was creating a new route.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Can someone please get this chipset to work? In game, it only displays the Upper layer. It would really be appreciated.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Wow, HUGE THANX! It was really important I got that working.

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Can someone please get this chipset to work? In game, it only displays the Upper layer. It would really be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Okay, I need help the last poster in my own game thread was me, so I can't ask there.

How, HOW do you stop events!? Stop All won't work, and nothing else will either! BTW, it's an Auto Start event, and I'm using RM2K. I REALLY need to know how to stop events in order to continue working on it.

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    How, HOW do you stop events!? Stop All won't work, and nothing else will either! BTW, it's an Auto Start event, and I'm using RM2K. I REALLY need to know how to stop events in order to continue working on it.
    ^ Try using a paralel process event instead of the auto start.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Breakout said:
    ^ Try using a paralel process event instead of the auto start.
    I've tried that too. THe "Stop Paralell Events" doesn't work. But I'll try again, just in case.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work. It just started the event over again.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Just use a switch. Put a switch at the end of the commands and have it switch ON. Then make a new page and under the Preconditions make sure switch 'whatever' is on.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    phoenix316 said:
    Just use a switch. Put a switch at the end of the commands and have it switch ON. Then make a new page and under the Preconditions make sure switch 'whatever' is on.
    Will that stop the even currently? I need to just temporarly stop it, not Pemaently or a 3 sec. wait.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    pkmn310 said:
    Use the wait command and set it to 30 thenth of a second.
    I said, I don't want a wait. I want the event stopped. Completely. Allowing the hero to move of free will. And then I want it to be able to start again, like.....

The Event is stating an announcement, and asks all events (includign the hero) to walk up and choose something. I want the hero to be able to walk of free will up there, but then for the event that's stating the announcement to be able to carry on and for other events to go up after the hero. I can just have the base event move the hero, but it might confuse first-time players as to who's the hero.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    Deoxys55 said:
    I said, I don't want a wait. I want the event stopped. Completely. Allowing the hero to move of free will. And then I want it to be able to start again, like.....

The Event is stating an announcement, and asks all events (includign the hero) to walk up and choose something. I want the hero to be able to walk of free will up there, but then for the event that's stating the announcement to be able to carry on and for other events to go up after the hero. I can just have the base event move the hero, but it might confuse first-time players as to who's the hero.

have you tried to make a switch?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Deoxys55 said:

What you could do then is erase the event, allowing the hero to move freely. Then when the hero is in the right place, either use a 'Action Key' or 'Touched by hero' Trigger condition, depending on how you want it to work, and then continue with the rest of the event

SkyRider.

Beware
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2005
    c0c0y said:
    have you tried to make a switch?
    Yes. It didn't work.

pheonix316, how do I go about doing that?

(Sorry I have to use this account, but I'm logged on from a different computer and I seem to have forgotten my password. LOL)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    First make 2 switches: 1st statement and 2nd statement
    Now in the first event page, use 1st statement as the conditional switch.
    Then, after the guy's finished speaking, turn the switch off.
    Then, when the hero's touched a certain tile, (eg: the platform tile where the
    player receives his prize) it will set off another switch, s[2nd statement].
    Then when that switch's on, the guy will carry on with his speech.

*remember to have a third page with no commands and conditionals at all. Only the charset. Cos' if you put the first switch off, the charset will disappear. You don't want your guy to disappear do you?

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    First make 2 switches: 1st statement and 2nd statement
    Now in the first event page, use 1st statement as the conditional switch.
    Then, after the guy's finished speaking, turn the switch off.
    Then, when the hero's touched a certain tile, (eg: the platform tile where the
    player receives his prize) it will set off another switch, s[2nd statement].
    Then when that switch's on, the guy will carry on with his speech.

*remember to have a third page with no commands and conditionals at all. Only the charset. Cos' if you put the first switch off, the charset will disappear. You don't want your guy to disappear do you?
    Okay.. so let's see if I've got switches right:
    First you make a page with whatever you want it to do before it stops, and then you make a new page and name it whatever, then make sure under Event Conditions it's marked on the first switch box as whatever you named it, and then you go back to the first page and put "Change Switch to (insert switch name)", And then last you make a third page with only the charaset? Because the last time I did this, it didn't change Switches. Also, how do oyu turn a switch off?

EDIT: I've got the switch working, but I still don't know how to turn it off.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back