• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
  • I'm having trouble with resizing the screen in RMXP. I changed the script in sprite resizer to the desired dimensions, 320x200, but obviously that isn't enough. Can someone tell me what to look for in which scripts so I can get the screen to work properly at the new size?

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    ^If you mean screenshot size, go to your Menu and go to options -> screen size. (with pokemon essentials). Otherwise I don't know, sorry.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • ^If you mean screenshot size, go to your Menu and go to options -> screen size. (with pokemon essentials). Otherwise I don't know, sorry.

Sorry for not being specific. What I mean is change the actual size of the game screen, so when the game is being played, it is 320x200 and not the default size.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Sorry for not being specific. What I mean is change the actual size of the game screen, so when the game is being played, it is 320x200 and not the default size.

I answered this over on PHO, in your script editor go to SpriteResizer find the lines @@width and @@height. Those are the lines you want to change. If you want the size 320x200...then change those lines to 640x400.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • I answered this over on PHO, in your script editor go to SpriteResizer find the lines @@width and @@height. Those are the lines you want to change. If you want the size 320x200...then change those lines to 640x400.

I posted here too because what you told me didn't work. I edited that part of the script and the screen wasn't 320x200. I figured that posting here would increase the chance of getting help. Is there some other script or part of that script that needs to be edited?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • The lines @@width and @@height are part of the script SpriteResizer.

I found those, and switched them as you said, but it didn't shrink down. Alternatively, when I use the dimensions 320x200 and it shrunk to the right size but didn't resize what was in the screen. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Cilerba

Years
  • Like I said above, you're not supposed to use 320x200. You must use 640x200 or else it won't work correctly.

If you have any more questions, please PM me.

Years
  • Just a quick question. I recently upgraded to the latest version of Pokemon Essentials, it was all fine apart from when I came to making a regional dex possible. When I did this on the old version it was fairly simple, I simply removed the line in Compiler that said 'regional numbers cannot be zero' (or words to that effect). I did this again this morning but it is still tell me that I can't have 0 as a number. Is there something else I have to do?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Just a quick question. I recently upgraded to the latest version of Pokemon Essentials, it was all fine apart from when I came to making a regional dex possible. When I did this on the old version it was fairly simple, I simply removed the line in Compiler that said 'regional numbers cannot be zero' (or words to that effect). I did this again this morning but it is still tell me that I can't have 0 as a number. Is there something else I have to do?
    Why did you ask that in this thread, when you've already asked it in the Essentials thread (which is the right place for that question, by the way)?

Years
  • I have to admit that I was worried that it would just get lost in the influx of questions that are asked in the 2 threads- i figured I had a better chance of getting help if I posted in both; I apologise if this was the wrong thing to do.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Hi^^
    I have a tiny problem, it has been a while since I last used RPGXP, and I just can't find the command that fixates the map. You know, all those ugly black tiles turn up on screen when I move to the end of a map, even though with the editor it is only 20x15 and no black tiles can be seen.

Or is it only because of "Playtest"?

Cilerba

Years
  • The black tiles appear because there's not enough trees as a border. You need to have a larger border so those Black Tiles don't show up.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    EDIT: Oh yeah, sorry... R/S/E has been a long time back...

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • But then what about indoors? what kind of tiles can be used as borders? And do I have to sourround the whole map with it? Because when I go down the stairs, there's a lot of black tiles behind the stairs in the game. This shouldn't happen >_<

I attached a screenshot from the editor of how it should look inside the game. Maybe you can tell me what the problem is^^

It's supposed to be like that o_O
    Have you been playing the games lol.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    some questions

Well I downloaded RMXP and found some tiles on the internet and attempted to make some maps, needless to say, I FAILED. HARD.

I just have a few questions.

What are the layers for?
    Why are there checkerboards in the tilesets?
    How do you make your own tiles?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    Lol anyone knows how to make dependent pokemon evolve using Dependent events?
    Ex. Piplup is following u in dependent event. It evolves. Prinplup Now Follows you.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Pokemon Magikarp Version.

[Moved, sorry admins, didn't read the "Showcase" part of the rules.
    Got it now though!]

Ok, it's not showing up in The Showcase section yet, so I'll post this here.
    Whenever I open the game file [its in RPGXP] it says, "No start Position was set" How do I fix this?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back