• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
Years
  • i am having a problem with the script for nurse joy in the pokemon center, i have used the script from the test maps that came with the starter kit but the problem is my character cannot reach the event. . . the desk is to thick there is a whole square between the event and the character.

this did not seem to be a problem in the test maps could someone help ? is there a way to extend the event or link the event to another event i.e. the first event would be on the desk and when you press the event it would link to the nurse joy event?

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • i am having a problem with the script for nurse joy in the pokemon center, i have used the script from the test maps that came with the starter kit but the problem is my character cannot reach the event. . . the desk is to thick there is a whole square between the event and the character.

this did not seem to be a problem in the test maps could someone help ? is there a way to extend the event or link the event to another event i.e. the first event would be on the desk and when you press the event it would link to the nurse joy event?

Put the script on the tile in front of the sprite.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    i am having a problem with the script for nurse joy in the pokemon center, i have used the script from the test maps that came with the starter kit but the problem is my character cannot reach the event. . . the desk is to thick there is a whole square between the event and the character.

if you go into the tileset maker you can set the tiles for your bench to be a counter, which means they are able to be talked over, so to speak. It allows you to activate an event on the other side of the tile but stop the player from walking on the bench itself.

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • 1 more question the sprites that i am using are a bit to big, how can i resize them so that i can still use them because when i just resize them they dont work could someone help?

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • I am using Luka's Animated Pokemon scripts and I get this error when I go to the Pokemon Summary in the menu. Can someone please help.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I am using Luka's Animated Pokemon scripts and I get this error when I go to the Pokemon Summary in the menu. Can someone please help.

If you are using my animated Pokemon thing, then you can never use the ".setBitmap" function. So you'd have to replace all of those by ".bitmap=pbLoadPokemonBitmap("pkmnspecies","back(true/false)")".

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I just got this error that said "Unexpected File Format" when I try to open up my project file.
    I've had this error a couple of times before, but for some reason, everything I try won't work.

Could somebody please help me with this.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Tileset Error

Yesterday, RMXP started doing this:

When I want to set a colour in my tileset as a transparent colour I go:

Tools --> Materialbase --> Tilesets --> Outside --> Import

and then when I select the outside tileset I get this message:

"Critical Error C0000005 at address 004BD2F2" and everything crashes.

Today, I can't even open my projectwithout getting that message and everything crashing.

Please, please help.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Hey Community,
    is there any way to make an effect on the stairs like in DP/P/HGSS?

Gigatom~

majorgames

how do i make a hall of fame that is displayed both when you defeat the leauge and when you access the PC

how do i impliment battle factory rules for a battle frontire faccility

is there a way i can make pokemon change formes by specific items and events

last but not least does anyone know a good way to make crys for fakemon easily (easy and high quality if possible)

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • This is a copy paste of my questions in another thread, which I guess was in the wrong place:

So there are some certain programs used often for making hacks, and I'm sure they can be used for making non-pokemon RPG's or other games, right?

How much coding do you need to know to make one of these basically from scratch? And what kinds of coding?

Also, the numbers that go into the game for the RPG elements (Damage amounts, exp, etc.), are those built in easily with the program or do those need to be made from scratch?

Is it possible to make an adventure game or something without any real RPG elements?

I don't know much about coding, but I definitely want to try my hand at making a game. :D

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
  • I'm not sure this is allowed here, but does anyone know where messages inputs are handled in the essentials starter kit? I'm looking to code a DS script, but cannot find a script in starter kit where it waits for the confirm key to be pressed to advance to the next message. If anyone knows where this is, that would be really helpful. (No help is needed on coding the script, I already have it coded, I just need to insert it where the key press wait is.)

Thanks for reading this ^^

iCharlie

Programmer of DarkDust
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Does anyone know how to change default font & font color? For any text? :) (Pokemon Essentials)

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    I'm not sure this is allowed here, but does anyone know where messages inputs are handled in the essentials starter kit? I'm looking to code a DS script, but cannot find a script in starter kit where it waits for the confirm key to be pressed to advance to the next message. If anyone knows where this is, that would be really helpful. (No help is needed on coding the script, I already have it coded, I just need to insert it where the key press wait is.)

Thanks for reading this ^^

Try and search for Input.trigger?(Input::C) within the pokemon messages script, you should find a few lines that are like Input.tigger?(Input::C) || (Input::B). Something on those lines. Had to look for it when I did the talk and check button like hg/ss one with the mouse, so you should get some luck.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2013
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this in. But it seemed like the right place to ask this. Does anyone know any good free software I could use to create Fake Pokemon cries for my Fakemon? Or more simply put, does anyone know any good free software for making sound effects?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back