• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 4 or 5?

Years
    Depends what you are talking about. Unova is 100x better than Sinnoh, the story, pokemon, and aesthetics are just so good.

However, Gen IV or V? Gen IV. Why? Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver. Nuff' said.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Definitely the 5th one. I love it. The 4th one however, I found to be a huge disappointment. The character options were Dawn, who I hate, and that weird hat guy. Many Pokemon were ugly, and Barry was frustrating (Don't get me wrong, I don't like Cheren that much either, but god I hate Barry) Plus team galactic was ridiculous and incredibly stereotypical and boring. The 5th generation on the other hand, is awesome. It has a nostalgic feeling, as it carries many of the traits that attracted me to Pokemon in the first place, while it also has many new features that are all awesome. I love the characters, the storyline, most of the Pokemon, the 3D-feel the game has, and basically everything. In addition to everything else, the games look a lot more polished than the 4th generation ones, which is also a huge plus.

Years
    Defo gen 5, did like gen 4 but the new gen trumps it, luvin alot of these new mons. Feel like a child everytime i discover a new one xD

GirlyGirl

PROUD TO BE MEXICAN!!! :)
    Years
    Well i LOVE generation 5 more then 4, because B/W have such awesome pokemon that I LOVE!!!! D/P/PL have some very good pokemon to like Cherrim & Roselia, but B/W is still better & its exciting to see pokemon i have never seen before, also because in B/W they didnt bring back pokemon from other generations in the main game, because its gets boring to see the same old pokemon over & over again, in B/W the gym designs & graphics were purely yummy :D

But there is a few things i hate about B/W though, mostly the main characters in the game-
    -I dislike "N" because to me he looks retarded & ugly, not cool looking at all
    -I dislike Cheren to because he looks gross as well, & kind'ove honestly gay because at first i thought Cheren was a girl, & even his name can pass as a girl name to
    -I dislike The main character girl that you choose in the beginning because she has horrible fashion & is not girly what so ever, way to tomboy,!
    - Bianca in ways i like & dislike. i like her because she has a good sense of humor, BUT i hate how she looks she looks like a banana girl, who dug for clothes in a dumpster

But despite that B/W is still better :)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I prefer Gen V. I never did like, never did even paid attention while playing those games. Except for HG/SS. But I still prefer Gen V, probably my favorite generation of them all currently.

DemonBlood93

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    All Pokemon are the best apart from two, can you guess who they are? OK I will give you a clue; they both live in caves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Generation 5 by a long shot. I like the modern-ish look of the interface, the graphics are quite nice and it's very refreshing to see a region based on a location outside of Japan (in this case, New York City). I have a huge hate for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (I can't fully explain it, but I really don't like it), so that kinda ruined Gen IV for me (I loved HGSS though, haha). I also much prefer the Pokémon of the fifth generation over those of the fourth - I was getting tired of all the unnecessary evolutions and baby Pokés Gen IV brought (I'm looking at you, Munchlax, Bonsly, and Magmortar~) and it was nice to see a Pokédex of completely new Pokémon in a completely new region.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    After playing Gen V for the past few days, I like it a bit better than Gen IV because of the Pokemon and improved features

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Its a hard choice actually. I love both. But I prefer the latest sequels. But doesn't mean I don't care about 4th Gen anymore. I love 4th Gen so much too. I'm still planning on getting a 4th Gen too (SS).

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I'll decide when Gen V is over. But as of now I like Gen IV only because of HGSS, my favorite games out of the whole series. I still love Gen V too!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I never really liked Generation 4. There were some Pokemon that I liked such as Pachirisu, Luxray, Buizel, and Gastrodon. But to me, there's not enough variety. Generation 5 being a "reboot" generation, having to decide what Pokemon to have on your team is a breeze, with personal favorites such as Oshawott and Unferzant. So, I pick Generation 5.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Actually, I forgot about this. I think the plot is much better in Gen. 5. I never like Team Galactic.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Generation 5 by a long shot. I like the modern-ish look of the interface, the graphics are quite nice and it's very refreshing to see a region based on a location outside of Japan (in this case, New York City). I have a huge hate for Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (I can't fully explain it, but I really don't like it), so that kinda ruined Gen IV for me (I loved HGSS though, haha). I also much prefer the Pokémon of the fifth generation over those of the fourth - I was getting tired of all the unnecessary evolutions and baby Pokés Gen IV brought (I'm looking at you, Munchlax, Bonsly, and Magmortar~) and it was nice to see a Pokédex of completely new Pokémon in a completely new region.
    I agree with this completely. I hate adding more evos and I liked the fresh feel of ALL new Pokemon. It adds to the replay value.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    Generation 5 fersure. DPP was a total letdown for me in almost every way, and HGSS was just okay. Even though I grew up with Gold and Silver, I honestly didn't like it too much. :/ BW may be lacking in some features, but the storyline was more intense and interesting than "OMG TEAM GALACTIC/ROCKET ARE DOING SOMETHING BAD QUICK STOP THEM," so therefore made it a far more enjoyable experience for me.

Also N is awesome.

Last edited:

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
    Gen 5 just has that Gen 1 feel when your playing through it. Gen 4 was a mess Pokemon wise esp. D/P, Flint a FIRE type trainer only has 2 Fire type in his team, like seriously? The other e4 members barely used any Sinnoh Pokemons.

Gen 5 is just refreshing, seeing different Pokemons aside from Zubats, Geodude, Abra, Tentacool and Machop. And Gen 5 pokemons didn't get overshadowed by previous Pokemons unlike Gen 4

Back