• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20

Years
  • f2jp-TJ74-Fq.gif
    mlq0-MMBlga.gif

Generation 8 Pack for Essentials v20.1
    Compendium of Generation 8 resources formatted for Essentials v20.1

Important Update

Overview:
    Essentials v20.1 brings PBS and scripts for mechanics all the way till Generation 8. Essentials is now in line with BDSP, in terms of game mechanics. However, these updates cannot be used on their own, because there are no corresponding graphics and audio for them in Essentials by default. This resource fixes that, by providing these missing graphics and audio, all formatted for Essentials v20.1. This makes creating a fangame with the latest Generation of Pokemon extremely simple and completely plug-and-play. Enjoy!

Features:
    • Static Battler Sprites and Icon Sprites for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP), formatted to work with v20.1.
    • Separate set of battler sprites for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP), formatted to work with Elite Battle: DX.
    • Overworld Sprites for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP), formatted to work with v20.1 and Following Pokemon EX.
    • HD version of all the cries (regular and fainting) for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP).
    • Icons for all Items from Gen 1 - 8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP).
    • Added EBDX's Bitmap Wrapper to scale sprites in code with no hassle. This makes BW Styled sprites easy to use in Gen 4 styled games.
    • Full compatibility with EBDX and the ZUD Plugin.

If you are looking for scripts and sprites for content from Pokemon: Legends Arceus and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, consider checking out the Generation 9 Resource Pack.

This resource is not compatible with Essentials v19.1, v18.1, v17.2, v16.2, or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

Download Link

Please Credit the following people when using this resource.

Spoiler:

Installation Instructions:
    Spoiler:

Frequently Asked Questions:
    Spoiler:

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Plugin has been updated to v1.0.2. Here's the changelog.
    • Added GIF support (the use of GIFs is not recommended because they load slower than regular sprites).
    • The game now auto-compiles the Pokemon Metrics after the plugin is installed, to prevent crashing if the PBS is not compiled.

Years
  • The Plugin has been updated to v1.0.3. This is an important hotfix. Here's the changelog.
    • Fixed sprites not appearing in battle after v1.0.2 update

Years
  • The resource has been updated to v1.0.4. Here's the changelog.
    • Added Eternal Flower Floette overworlds and icons.
    • Added Shiny Icons for all Pokemon.

I think it was irresponsible of me to not clarify this before, so I think I should do it now:
    I will no longer be actively maintaining or updating this resource. The latest release of the resource will be left up for download, but will not be updated by me. The download links for all older versions of this resource will be deactivated. Feel free to add-on or extend this resource as you please, but do not expect any updates/support from my end.

If you are looking for scripts and sprites for content from Pokemon: Legends Arceus and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, consider checking out the Generation 9 Resource Pack.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my extended period of inactivity.

Back