• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation V Pokemon in the anime

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ITT: How do you feel about the anime portrayal of Gen V Pokemon?

I feel like it adds a nice dimensionality to them that isn't present in the game. For example, when Ishizumai repairs its shell with its acid (and comes out of the shell for Shell Break), we get to see it in a way that the games neglect to show. Before I saw Maggyo in the anime, I thought it wasn't nearly as flat as it was--but yeah, that thing is flatter than paper. And oh, oh, Komatana is such a badass. ^^ But lol how often its own blades mess it up is kind of derpy.

lol wth Luke has such rare Pokemon >_>

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Moving this because this discussion is better suited for the Anime forum, seeing as it is all about the anime regardless of which season/version it is. B/W is about the games, after all.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Luke has rare Pokemon?

Since when is Zorua or Larvesta rare?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Actually they are quite rare. If not rare, then unusual at the very least.

I love the way the Pokémon are portrayed. The anime makes them more... three-dimensional than the games do, shows their attitudes more. I think the closest we've gotten to the games showing Pokémon's personalities is when you talk to the 'mon that's following you in HGSS.

And I love how the anime lets us see how they live and interact with others. A lot of my favorite scenes relating to that concern Dwebble- when it accidentally punctured the beach ball, when it was fixing its shell, any time it battles, really. It's all very... logical. Logical things for a Dwebble to do at that occasion. It's interesting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2011
    I like how they are portrayed, especially in the episode with trubbish, where he talks so WEIRD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree on most things here. I think it's always nice to see pokémon in the anime because it adds a new dimension to them. And you get to see how they move and attack outside of the games. The games can't really portray anything in a realistic manner, not saying the anime is realistic in any way xD but it does a better job.

I really like the last episodes where you got to see some pokémon that I really had been wondering what they'd look like and act in the anime.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Luke has rare Pokemon?

Since when is Zorua or Larvesta rare?
    Those two should be rare since you need Celebi to get Zorua and Larvesta is given as an egg. Both the only ones you can receive in the game outside of breeding. But since this is the anime that doesn't mean much since if I remember right there were multiple Shaymin in Keeping in Top Forme.

Back to the topic at hand. I think it gives them more life behind the pokemon. They are portrayed as actual characters with unique personalities of their own which are conveyed through out the series. Too me I like to see how the animation of them looks compared to just looking at sprites in the game, they seem to come alive a bit more to me. The battles seem to have variations as well, stuff that happens in the anime does not happen within the games. I don't see game characters using own moves like String Shot to protect themselves or evade an attack, I don't see attacks that adjust the field of play. As previously said it adds dimensions to the pokemon but also the battle.

Back