• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generic Offensive Team [UU RMT]

Pokedra

Retired
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Generic Offensive Team

Well after returning here, a bit rusty and with only old teams I decided to start building a few teams and laddering. I decided to build a UU team first since it looked interesting with Pokemon leaving and new Pokemon coming in. The team is basically your run of the mill offense team, it focuses on having a strong offensive core that cover each other and each member tries to pave way for another member to sweep. I've done okay with this team reaching 35th on the Smogon UU Leaderboard with a CRE of 1503 which is pretty good for me. It hasn't been doing as well recently after I got haxed then went on a losing streak so I've decided to retire it and post it up to get some help on it.

At A Glance

Under the Microscope

Uxie @ Leftovers
    Nature : Bold
    EV : 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
    Psychic
    Stealth Rock
    U-Turn
    Heal Bell

Uxie is a great team member for the team providing SR which helps my sweepers net KO's or to make things easier to deal with. He rarely ever dies after setting SR so I always conserve him as he has the ability to switch into many attacks with ease and eases up prediction on my part. Arguably his most useful contribution to the team is to use the Yawn / U-Turn combo which usually forces them to switch out and gives me the upper hand early game.

Absol @ Life Orb
    Nature : Jolly
    EV : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Sucker Punch
    Superpower
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance

Absol is something I bring out mid-game when I've hopefully eliminated his counters, he requires quite a bit of prediction to pull off his sweep but he has been a major asset to the team weakening the opponent's defensive core and providing priority to help pick off weakened Pokemon. I also rely on this heavily to protect my team against CM Cresseila which really gives me some problems.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
    Flare Blitz
    Extremespeed
    Thunder Fang

Morning Sun

Arcanine is a great Pokemon and his main role is to kill off Grass-types which lets Venusaur sweep easier and provide another use of priority. Toxic is also useful for crippling walls like Milotic and Hitmontop. I picked Arcanine mainly because I wanted something with priority as the team is pretty slow overall but also he had a reliable form of recovery to heal off LO recoil. He also lures bulky waters in for Venusaur to come in easily.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
    Power Whip
    Earthquake
    Sleep Powder
    Swords Dance

Venusaur is definitely one of my most valuable team members simply because it helps keep the pressure on them and as well as being my answer to bulky waters which in general give my team some problems. Venusaur is great because it forces switches by the threat of Sleep Powder and if possible it sometimes dispatches things that stop P-Z (like Registeel.) The moveset is self-explanatory, EQ/Power Whip grant me the best coverage though I have considered Seed Bomb when Power Whip has lost me games but the massive power difference is too much.

Milotic @ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power [Grass]
    Toxic

The most debatable member of my team and I'll take replacements for her. Milotic serves as a fail-safe for my team basically revenging anything that is giving me problems or things I just want gone(NPDoom, Zam). However while it has saved me on numerous occasions it also does tend to give my opponent setup opportunities. I picked Milotic mainly she boasts some resistances which I could use and had somewhat decent bulk.

Porygon-Z @ Salac Berry
    Nature : Timid
    EV : 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
    Nasty Plot
    Substitute
    Dark Pulse
    Tri Attack

I see this set on Smogon and I was like "What the heck, why not?", Porygon-Z functions as my late-game sweeper, I bring him out when I've hopefully it's counters(mainly Chansey and Registeel) and hopefully finish off the remaining Pokemon he has or at least weaken all his Pokemon enough for whatever else I have left to clean up. My main problem with it is I really want HP Fighting on it so I can actually touch Rock and Steel types since even stuff like Rhyperior stop him(though +2 Tri Attack does like 90%) but Substitute is too valuable to give up as it protects me from status and priority and Dark Pulse is also really important.

Conclusion
    From my experiences using this on the ladder, I've found this team fares decently against most styles of play. I haven't found any major weaks though CM Raikou w/ HP Ice and SubCM Cresseila both are a pain to handle. Hopefully you can help me patch up any weaks or point out something I've missed.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I don't see P-Z as being that useful to your team. It doesn't have that much type coverage with just Dark Pulse and Tri-Attack for damage. i would replace it with something like Umbreon for wish support and general tanking ability. If you don't like Umbreon then Weezing is a good choice too. I'm going to assume that you are familiar with the standard Weezing Wall set.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I don't see why Arcanine has Jolly, especially with Extremespeed. Adamant > it.
    It may be wrong, but most pokemon with a priority move tend to have Adamant/Modest > Jolly/Timid

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I don't see P-Z as being that useful to your team. It doesn't have that much type coverage with just Dark Pulse and Tri-Attack for damage. i would replace it with something like Umbreon for wish support and general tanking ability. If you don't like Umbreon then Weezing is a good choice too. I'm going to assume that you are familiar with the standard Weezing Wall set.
    Porygon-Z is my late game sweeper and I dislike the fact he doesn't have good type coverage but I'm not really going to replace him for Umberon. First of all this is basically an all-out offensive team and I like to keep the offensive momentum going and a Wish Support Umberon basically slows me down and doesn't really suit this team to be honest.

I don't see why Arcanine has Jolly, especially with Extremespeed. Adamant > it.
    It may be wrong, but most pokemon with a priority move tend to have Adamant/Modest > Jolly/Timid
    I've tested both and the power loss does hurt at times but I prefer the extra speed to beat stuff like P-Z and to tie with positive natured 95's(like Houndoom).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Use bulkygon-z, its like THE most broken P-Z set lol.

Porygonz @ Life Orb
    Ability: Adaptability / Download
    EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Tri Attack
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Recover

STILL has 358 SP.att, enough bulk to laugh at most tanks and walls to let you set up on them (even more with Heal Bell), 260 speed.

Btw nothing can take a T-Wave or status so put Heal Bell >> Yawn on Uxie imo. And since you already have Sleep powder on Venu.

Also since Arcanine has a LO wouldnt it make more sense to use ThunderFang over Toxic ? I mean since Heal Bell/ Aroma is like really common from what ive seen. Also stops Omastar and Cloyster for coming in scot free and Spiking your face off, even then it doesnt really do much though though they care less about Toxic lol. Though a mix set might be better with HP Grass in that slot.

Lastly hmm, yeah be careful of Rhyperior/Aggron, really nothing likes boosted Stone Edge and Head Smashed coming from them.

Edit :

One more thing, i prefer Zen >> Psychic on Uxie, basically stops Raikou subbing, hits offensive and S.Def Venu harder and lets you get more power in U-Turn though thats not really important, and the flinch and power is helpful vs Chansey etc.

Edit 2:

People are starting to use CM + Signal Beam on Cress now so really watch out for that.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Use bulkygon-z, its like THE most broken P-Z set lol.

Porygonz @ Life Orb
    Ability: Adaptability / Download
    EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Tri Attack
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Recover

STILL has 358 SP.att, enough bulk to laugh at most tanks and walls to let you set up on them (even more with Heal Bell), 260 speed.

Btw nothing can take a T-Wave or status so put Heal Bell >> Yawn on Uxie imo. And since you already have Sleep powder on Venu.

Also since Arcanine has a LO wouldnt it make more sense to use ThunderFang over Toxic ? I mean since Heal Bell/ Aroma is like really common from what ive seen. Also stops Omastar and Cloyster for coming in scot free and Spiking your face off, even then it doesnt really do much though though they care less about Toxic lol. Though a mix set might be better with HP Grass in that slot.

Lastly hmm, yeah be careful of Rhyperior/Aggron, really nothing likes boosted Stone Edge and Head Smashed coming from them.

Edit :

One more thing, i prefer Zen >> Psychic on Uxie, basically stops Raikou subbing, hits offensive and S.Def Venu harder and lets you get more power in U-Turn though thats not really important, and the flinch and power is helpful vs Chansey etc.

Edit 2:

People are starting to use CM + Signal Beam on Cress now so really watch out for that.
    That Porygon-Z sets looks interesting, I'll definitely look into that =)

Hmm...I do like the Yawn / U-Turn combo but yes this team does really hate status so I'll make that change.

Yeah I guess, Toxic hasn't been that useful but Thunder Fang has really ass damage output against bulky waters though I suppose it's better then nothing =P

Rhyperior hasn't been too troublesome but Aggron has given me some trouble at times =(

I originally ran Zen Headbutt >> Psychic @ Impish but I r Zen Headbutt's less then perfect accuracy really put me off though I will change if Raikou and Chansey start to trouble me.

And yeah I know, I had so much trouble with Cress that ran CM / Sub / Signal Beam / Psychic, so hard to kill and basically destroy this whole team if it gets a CM or two :/

Back