• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get to Work My Minions

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • Nintendo of America's Media Site said:
    The fourth quarter of 2006 will herald a new era for Nintendo with the launch of its remarkable new Wii™ home video game system. But that's not what this news item is about! How could that be, you ask? Perhaps the secret to the launch information for Wii is somehow encoded in the text of this news item. You might want to pore over it for a few hours before staying up all night to debate phraseology and comma placement with your friends online. Or maybe it's all just a scam to get you to read the other games we have launching this fall. One of the two.

As the weather cools down, the Nintendo portable game offerings heat up. FINAL FANTASY® V ADVANCE makes its way to Game Boy® Advance SP on Nov. 6. As series go, FINAL FANTASY is to video games what James Bond is to movies. FINAL FANTASY loyalists will enjoy an opportunity to debate which installment was best.

Nintendo DS™ owners are the big winners. Every week or so, another huge DS title hits, from the Touch Generations title Clubhouse Games™ to fan favorites like Elite Beat Agents™ and Yoshi's Island™ 2. Clearly a gamer's idea of paradise, here is Nintendo's upcoming DS lineup:

Oct. 9: Clubhouse Games™
    Oct. 16: Nintendogs™ (Dalmatian)
    Oct. 23: Magical Starsign™
    Oct. 30: Pokémon® Ranger
    Oct. 30: Children of Mana®
    Nov. 6: Elite Beat Agents™
    Nov. 13: Yoshi's Island™ 2
    Dec. 4: Custom Robo™ Arena
    Dec. 4: Kirby™ Squeak Squad

And, for Nintendo GameCube™ owners, The Legend of Zelda®: Twilight Princess will be available for you this fall. An enhanced version also will be a launch title for Wii. That will all happen on … Oh look, we're out of space.

Why is the Final Fantasy series always typed out in all caps?

Okay, go all Koopa Troopa, or Moblin, or Flying Monkey on me and do my dirty work. XD Decode Nintendo's little code and find the Wii's release date.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ...I got nothing from that but the knowledge that I'm going to be so broke this year. D:

I love the end of that announcement though, rofl.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • October 2nd
    November 20th
    November 27th

^ There are games released every week in the "4th Quarter of 2006" except for those three weeks. So maybe it's one of them. And since the PS3 is out on November 17th, I highly doubt Nintendo would release Wii a few days afterwards.

So I'd say October 2nd is the planned release date.

Of course, that's assuming there even was a secret release date mentioned and it wasn't just a scam to make people read the article.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • It's October 2nd because all the release dates of the games are on a Monday. If you back up one week on October 9th, you will end up on October 2nd. The PS3 release date is November 20th, and I don't think Nintendo will plan to release on that day. November 27th is just after a holiday in the US.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    There's also the gap between Nov. 13 and Dec. 4...but I think I've found their little trick. I'd share it, but I don't like being told what to do. So blame TRIFORCE129...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I remember reading that on one site. It got me up enough where I changed my count down clock to Oct 2nd. I know we won't know when the Wii comes out till Nintendo spits it out, but right now I think that's the best guess.
    And if it's right then everyone make sure they got their money, because it's 65 days, 13 hours, 9 minutes, and 32 seconds left until The release of the Wii.

Years
  • why is FINAL FANTASY always in caps. Its only a game, okay maybe it is a FINAL FANTASY game, but its just stupid*shot*

I think we'll get an october 21st release. (the UK atleast) with Japan getting it early Oct/Late Sept and US somewhere inbetween

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Ichapokemr said:
    There's also the gap between Nov. 13 and Dec. 4...but I think I've found their little trick. I'd share it, but I don't like being told what to do. So blame TRIFORCE129...
    Well, as long as you're not blaming me. ;)

I'm thinking...the (first two words of that post) of November.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    TRIFORCE89 said:
    Well, as long as you're not blaming me. ;)

I'm thinking...the (first two words of that post) of November.

No, I'm blaming you. .....Ok, maybe a bit too subtle...

Back