• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gettin' My Money's Worth

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    Well, I got SoulSilver the day it came out and began playing straight away. Fast forward to now and I've stomped the Elite 4, crushed the Gym Leaders, and murdered Red =3 My Pokemon are all powerful, Level 100 killing machines, and have captured every Legendary Pokemon possible without use of Wi-Fi events.

Anyways, thanks to the use of fast egg hatching AR codes, I've bred a miniature armada of Pokemon I'd like to raise. Side-note, I DID NOT use AR codes to modify/enhance my Pokemon!

Getting to the topic point, I plan on getting my money's worth by raising 36 newly hatched Pokemon and re-playing through Johto and Kanto another 6 times, and defeating Red and the Elite 4 another 6 times =D

So, basically, I was wondering how many of you are choosin' to replay through the game with an entirely new party, or parties.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
    I don't think it's crazy =/ I mean, why play through the game with 6 Pokemon and then reset the game once they're level 100 to start all over again with a new party?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I personally wouldn't replay the game until much, much later. The first run-through is boring enough as it is, since leveling takes days (I'm at sixty-five hours and just beat Claire / going to Lugia, now).

Maybe later, sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I personally wouldn't replay the game until much, much later. The first run-through is boring enough as it is, since leveling takes days (I'm at sixty-five hours and just beat Claire / going to Lugia, now).

Maybe later, sure.

You are super slow O.o

I beat the elite four at 30 hours..

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    You are super slow O.o

I beat the elite four at 30 hours..

I have a team of six unevolved Pokemon at level 45 before defeating Claire. Unevolved + Level 45 + Non-traded Pokemon = takes a lot of time due to no Vs. Seeker.

I'm grinding to level 55 for the Elite Four. I'm'a probably cream'em with Eevee's Return, like I did Claire :\

but yeah, later I might do it, but for now, I'm focusing on getting through at least once.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    So, basically, I was wondering how many of you are choosin' to replay through the game with an entirely new party, or parties.

That's what I'm doing right now. I beat Pearl, collected a bunch of rare and powerful Pokemon and developed a fear of starting it over again. I got so bored with it, there was nothing left to do but stare at the Pokemon I collected.

My last run through on Heart Gold introduced me to Politoed, which eventually became a killing machine. I decided I would have a Politoed on my party no matter what and that he would be my staple Pokemon, but other than that, I've never had a team like the one I do right now.

I chose Cyndaquil as my starter and traded a Chingling and Kecleon egg to myself from Pearl. I also caught a Poliwag as soon as I recieved my old rod in preperation for the rest of the game, which is now usually referred to as Politoed-slaughter-fest.

I think the best thing about Pokemon is the fact that it never gets old. There are soo many combinations of Pokemon you can create, the game is like new each time you play it.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I'm just leveling up right now. I have all 8 Johto badges, and Ho-Oh, and that's all right now. Trying to take it a little slow lol

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    Well, since I did buy the game and all, I will play it a few times through. Like always, I will probably develop a fear of restarting the game over like I did with Platinum. Once I managed to get past my fear of restarting, I will be playing the game over and over again. I'll probably have a few Pokemon from my previous teams since they proved to be very powerful, IMO, such as Nidoking and Luxray and served me pretty well.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I want heart gold to be my main jhoto file, but i'll get soul silver on r4 to play around with (getting actual, legit copy of HG though). I have my planned team, and I love it already! My HG hasn't arrived in the mail yet, just ordered it a few days ago. But I probably won't want to delete my main save.
    You're a lot faster then me at games! I take forever on pokemon, exploring everywhere, training my pokemon up, exploring again etc. Plus I usually get bored and stop playing for a bit (like a week max. for new games)

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I still have a ways to go, but I probably will play through it just once more. It's mainly to get the good stuff and maybe some legendaries with good natures, so I might be able to trade them for something eventually. I probably won't do that for a while though.

Bolanboy

ǝpısdn uʍop
    Years
    I've basically done everything except catch most the legendaries available, only caught Ho-Oh, but I intend to make a team consisting of only the Pokemon specific to that generation. Example; Generation 1 team, generation 2 team, generation 3 team, generation 4 team. Then catch the rest of the legendaries, breed some Pokemon with egg moves, and let HeartGold sit on a shelf for many, many years.

Dr.Kyron

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2010
    I played through the game twice and now (on my last playthrough before playing multiplayer with freinds) I am doing a third playthrough on Soul Silver. This time however I am going dragon tamer and after getting 6 dratini's (game corner) at the 4 hour mark I released my totadile and trained them up now I am 20 hours into the game with a party of 2 Dragonairs lv 30 (1 shiny!!), 1 red gyarados lv30, the pikachu colored pichu lv 30, a dratini lv 23 and an event dragonite that I got before the VGC at TRU lv 50.

Back