• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting back into Anime

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2016
    Hi all! I want to start watching anime and reading manga again. Currently I am interested in a dubbed anime (I have a hard time focusing with subtitles haha) that takes place in modern Japan, preferably with a high school aged protagonist. Other than that I'm not too picky on the genre, but some laughs would be appreciated. Does anybody have any suggestions for an anime like this? Thanks!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I'm not to familiar with anime, but high school and modern Japan brought Blue Excorist, World Trigger, Death Note, and Noragami to mind.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    If you want something more recent, Prison School was a great comedy. Didn't care much about the fanservice, but the jokes were some of the funniest I've seen in recent anime, aside from Osomatsu, but I doubt that one will ever get a dub.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Sword art online is one of favourite in my list. I recommend you to watch it. Kirito aka protagonist is too badass.

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    It's sad that people would call SAO the worst anime ever when there are quite clearly some terrible anime out there that you can't even compare. I personally quite enjoyed the anime. The soundtrack though :3

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
    I know there are gonna be some haters because it's so mainstream, but I'm telling you Fairy Tail is the best anime I've watched so far. If you're into manga, I'd also recommend reading Fairy Tail up to its current point (manga is 2 arcs ahead of the anime), because the current arc is absolutely incredible! Please consider my advice, because I was hesitant when people introduced me to Fairy Tail, but when I started watching it I fell in love with the story.

Spoiler:

Back