• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] GFA Sprites Again!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Well, it's happened again. I got the urge to sprite. This time, after some 10 months! Currently, I'm working on doing some Gen V style sprites of the characters in X & Y. Let's just call it the...

Gen V: XY Game OW Project

xy_sheet_v1_by_baconboy914-d7t1mbw.gif

Anyway, there's that. Also some old stuff, that I may or may not get back to/update soon...

Gen V: Kanto Anime OW Project

kanto_anime_project_2__7_31__by_baconboy914-d7t3lnr.gif

Gen V: Mewtwo Strikes Back OWs

eeefca5b5dce68ff8d6f2e6f071ce980-d5ztrq4.gif

FAQ
    1: Do you take requests?: Yes. But I won't take requests in-thread. If you have a request, please send it to me by PM. I also make no guarantees that I will take up your request.
    2: Do you do Gen III style sprites?: No. I work in both Gen IV and Gen V style. Gen III is something I have been asked to do a number of times, and I've never had fun working with it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ha, those are nice. Kinda makes you wonder what these would look like on the Generation V engine, possibly for a hack or such. Seems you made sprites for a majority of the characters that've been presented, so that's cool.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Hi! Awesome work! I was wondering if you happen to take requests...
    If so, is there any way you could sprite this (http://i.imgur.com/kDiLNgx.jpg) as a gen 6 overworld for me? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, sure. Maybe in a bit. Generally speaking I won't take requests made in-thread, though. It'd be better to PM me. I like to keep the clutter down.

Anyway, finished Prof. Sycamore, Dexio, and Sina.

xy___sycamore_and_assistants_by_baconboy914-d7t8ntz.gif

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Can't let this thread die! Though I had posted in here within the last week, but evidently I'm losing it! As proof that I'm not dead, here are two more sprites.

This time, it's Grace and Alex.

grace_by_baconboy914-d7ungbv.png
    alexa_by_baconboy914-d7ungbz.gif

Also updated the main sheet for the project.

xy___ow_game_project_1_by_baconboy914-d7unfx6.gif

And to answer some questions.

1: Yes. If you are going to make requests, please PM me. Though I will take them at my own discretion.
    2: No, don't do Gen III. Sorry. I can do Gen IV, though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Wow did you make all these sprites yourself? this is really impressive. keep up the good work!

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yep, all me! Sometime, maybe, I'll sheet them! Finished Gurkinn and Bonnie and put them all together as "Gym Family."

xy___gym_family_by_baconboy914-d7vbtoc.gif

Also Hyrule's request.

hyrule_s_request_by_baconboy914-d7v0nzc.gif

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Oh wow, really cool! I'm loving the Bonnie sprite of yours; it's pretty adorable!

By the way, how long have you been making sprites? o: Curious about your history with them!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Those are some pretty nice and unique overworld sprites! They have a different style from the original pokemon games, and they turned to be pretty good!

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Dragon: Far too long! Something like 6 years now. Started with some very bad Gen IV stuff, then gradually got better with some support on here.
    Bryan: I'm surprised you say that. I have my own base model(s), but they're definitely derived from the official sprites, and I still look to them for inspiration from time to time.

Anyway, just so this post isn't completely devoid of any new content, here's an updated sprite for Grace. Congrats to those who can spot the minute differences!

grace_by_baconboy914-d7viths.gif

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
    Years
  • I man i would like request a few sprites to Pokemon Overworld.
    I want an mewtwo,mewtwo whit aura red and blue aura like in this exemple:

mew1.png
    mew4.png
    mew3.png

I will use this image to create an idea of animation on the aura, so i also think that mewtwo in the charge of it should be more a less sit, like in this image.
    naruto699-dbgt02.gif

Forget the hair and then he goes up.

I think you can do it, don't worry you will be credit.

Back