• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghosts

Do you think Ghosts are real?

• Yes

Votes: 38 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sato

N'cha!
    Years
    I haven't seen any ghosts in real life... And while I don't really believe in them, I don't consider them non existant either... The Universe is a strange and diverse place, and ANYTHING is possible...

O

Your Mom
    Years
    I believe in ghosts because I've seen one.

Mummy, I went to the toilet and I was peeing, and then a ghost came out!!!

No wonder the cheese tastes funny

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I find it hard to believe any evidence from photos because people can do anything in photoshop these days. If I'm completely honest then I don't believe in ghosts because I don't believe in any kind of afterlife. But apparently my little brother and my cousin both saw a ghost in the same day, about 10 years ago. So I don't really know what to think about them.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    This is supposely a very famous ghost XD
    https://www.castleofspirits.com/brownlady.html

Author Captain Marryat had a close encounter with the Brown Lady in 1936. He asked to stay in the room in which the Brown Lady was said to appear. After talking to two young guests that night and joking about a gun they were carrying protecting them from the Brown Lady, while walking back to their rooms along a corridor. They suddenly came face to face with a ghostly female figure advancing towards them, carrying a lamp. Captain Marryat recognised the woman as the woman in the portrait hung in his room. The three men noted that the woman was wearing a brown brocade dress. She passed by the three men and looks straight at them "in such a diabolical manner" that they became extremely frightened. Captain Marryat then pulled the trigger of the gun firing at the brown lady. The Bullet went straight through the ghostly figure and was later found in a door behind where she had been seen.

Edit: This is creepy too: https://www.castleofspirits.com/hauntedpainting.html

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I belive in ghosts, I always have done, I do alot of research on them, and have my own evidence, im just saying, but some of those images may be unsuitable for younger people at PC, perhaps this should go in the T-dome?
    Just a though...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Yes,I do believe in ghosts,although I have my doubts. But as Dawson said,people can do anything in Photoshop these days. But if you ask me those pics are fake. They doint look like ghost pics if you ask me *shrugs*

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    I had this time when I was little that I searched for ghost pics. They freaked me out. Yes, I've been to this site that you put on your post totodile. See how much I searched???

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    I think theres ghosts. I mean that there could be explinations out there for situations but I do think that there could possibly be ghosts. Now I haven't seen one but I've been to the point where the there was a loud knock on the front door and there was no one there and the refridgerator door was opened in the morning. Now those could possibly be explained but then again my family was asleep when the door was open and my family was in the living room at the time of the knock on the door. So I don't know.

Forgotten_hope

ジョン
    Years
    -shiver- god those pics are scary.umm i believe in ghosts...i may have never seen one but my mom has
    she told me that about 17 years ago,her and her freind were out driving,and they went under this bridge.now 5 years before that a football player was hit by a drunk driver and killed there.so when they went under the bridge,they saw a strange fog that was bright,and looked red and white(my schools colors[they have never changed]) then they passed it.as soon as they did my mom looked back and saw that it was a ghost

now that is what she told me and i believe it.

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    *shivers and whimpers pathetically* Why oh why did I hafta read this before going to bed? *Cries quietly* I hate this stuff, and yet I can never just look away... ;_;

I agree that those pics are way creepy. And even though I know how they're made, I still can't help getting creeped out. Anyway, I'm willing to bet that none of those photos have been photoshopped. Why? Well, because they didn't need to be. Older cameras required a lot of time to develop a single picture. And if you wanted to superimpose a ghostly image onto the film, all you had to do was open the shutter and let it alone for a little while - just long enough to get the base for the background onto the film - and then cover the lens with something (a hand or a piece of paper will do). Then, just have someone stand in the middle of the area you're taking a picture of. Lighter clothing will make the effect much more dramatic, because it'll show up more. Anyway, uncover the lens again, and then, after a few seconds (maybe more, depending on the make of the camera and the type of film) cover the lens again. Have the person leave the area, and then uncover the lens again. Allow the camera to finish collecting the image, and then close the shutter. When you develop the film, you will have a ghostly image of whomever you had standing there on your picture. You can do that with an old camera really easy, and it can be done just as easily with new cameras that allow for timed exposures. I do photography for a hobby, so I've learned a lot about those neat little tricks. In fact, in one of my photography classes in college, I did ghost pictures for my final project. :) Since a lot of the better images people captured ended up on the walls of the hall outside the classroom, my images got a lot of attention from the other students, lol. Some of the bolder ones wanted to know where they could find the "haunted house" I'd taken my pictures in. :P

But despite all my knowledge of this, that doesn't mean I can completely count ghosts out. I think they might exist, but I certainly don't want to meet any. And I really don't want to think about becoming one! *Shivers again*

Xion

The Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
    I think they are real and I stand tall with my oppinion. I have seen what appears to be a ghost, but since I have seen it so many times it dosent freak me out any longer, but sometimes it does when Im home alone at night.

Back