• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gigalith versus [Excadrill]

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
WHY ARE PEOPLE VOTING FOR THE FUGLY FUGMONSTER THAT IS GIGALITH!?

Excadrill is one of the best Pokemon to come out of Unova for so many reasons: look at how cool and stylish and funky it is; look at its awesome typing and cool moveset; look at its amazing Attack and HP stats; and don't you just want to pet it slightly? If you tried to pet Gigalith, you'd probably need a tetanus shot afterwards... yeesh!

BECAUSE IT ROCKS.
It's not a Pokemon to take for granite. True, its appearance is nothing to marble at, but if I remember, and don't quartz me on it, but it's also the only third stage evolutionary Pokemon that's a pure Rock-Type.

But in all seriousness, I love Gigalith much more than Excadrill.

TY

This is going to be obvious for me... EXCADRILL FTW!!!
I love this pokemon, great attack and HP stats, nice moves and beasting abilities makes it a great pokemon...

Master JM

Parasitic Person
Years
One only needs to look at the competitive value of both Pokémon to see that Excadrill is superior in just about every way. It battles at the top of the mountain in the Uber tier, while Gigalith is all the way down in NU.

A very easy choice, here.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have both Excadrill which I caught fairly late in the game and a Gigalith which I caught early in the game. Every time I used Excadrill, it was brutally murdered by the opponent before getting off any good hits while Gigalith tanked everything like a pro. I used Gigalith all the way through the story.

My vote is for Gigalith.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Gigalith isn't that great of a Pokemon at all and it's ugly as heck. I don't understand why people like him, as he isn't even used that much and obviously for a very good reason why not.

However, Excadrill within a Sandstorm weather team is amazingly dangerous. He can kick @$$, and I love using him on the sideline with Garchomp and Bronzong!

So Excadrill is a win-win. I'd be surprise if he loses this poll

Last edited:

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
I voted for Gigalith, although I never used it (nor Excadrill). When I first saw these two, I though Gigalith looked AWESOME. I mean, it's not just a rock, it's a BIG,BAD ROCK. And I personally just don't like Excadrill's design. It's stats are beast, I admit that, but I just like Gigalith better.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
This is difficult because I like them both. n_n Though I've actually used an Excadrill before (lol, I remember seeing so much of it in OU). It was pretty good no doubt. I think it'll get my vote just because I've actually used one and not so much Gigalith. But they are both great Pokémon!

Years
  • Seen Jan 30, 2019
Im currently in love with my sword dance excadrill. I've always been a primarily offensive battler and his stat spread and typing work very well for me. I like gigaliths sprite but excadrill takes it.

Dragonight

Random guy!
Years
I don't like the looks of Gigalith, I mean it's just a rock with eyes...

While Excadrill is a badass steel mole! well that and it has good typing and stats...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Excadrill for me, personal favorite when it comes to design and typing along with the godlike Attack Stat and sweet effects.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I quite like both, but I have to give the nod to Excadrill. It's a mole with a drillbit for a helmet, backed up by a great typing and tremendous stats. Gigalith is just a rock. A big, monstrous rock, but a rock nonetheless. Though I like it, Excadrill trumps it in every way.

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
You need to trade Boldore to get a Gigalith, I don't like Pokémon you need to trade. Otherwise Gigalith seems interesting, but not enough to be chosen before Excadrill.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
Years
Excadrill. He looks cooler than Gigalith, has nice moves, and I don't have to trade/have 2 DS's(lol forever alone)to get him :D

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Gigalith - The B/W version of Golem (need trade to evolve...), above average stats for a typical rock type

Excadrill - B/W version of Sandslash, but with added metal typing and crazier attack power and stats (sandstorm+sword dance imba).

No contest.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2013
Overal I'd choose Excadrill. It's better competitively, and also has a better design IMO. The only thing better about Gigalith is its color palette.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
excadrill. It's just so badass it is hard to not vote for him.

Plus, I am not in good terms with trade-related evolutions

Back