• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Giratina...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
  • Ok.

I've been doing some serious thinking, and finally, it hit me.

There was a legend in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl in Canalave Library concerning how a fool got a sword and ran around like a maniac chopping Pokemon, and then a giant Pokemon appeared, warned him, and then disappeared, never to be seen again.

Could this have been Giratina?

1. Giratina's a RENEGADE, and the pokemon in the legend ran away, (most likely because the fool would probably blab about it and then the pokemon ran away to avoid being hunted, captured and killed, making it a RENEGADE)
    2. (Oh, wait. I don't have a 2.)

So, what are your speculations on the subject?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Warning some random guy and running away doesn't make it a renegade...

However it could be Giratina as much as it could be any other Pokemon.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years

It wasn't really a random guy, considering his unholy havoc on pokemon everywhere with his sword.

Renegade means to run away in fear of something, I believe.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The Oxford Dictionary said:
    Renegade
    –noun
    1. a person who deserts a party or cause for another.
    2. an apostate from a religious faith.
    3. a traitor

So yeah, a pokemon warning him and leaving is not a renegade. You haven't actually found anything.

My older brother thinks that giratina is the best pokemon and when i told jim abot giratina orign frm he wnt over the moon but i think masmaswine is the best because he is my favrouite pokemon. I just joined to pokecommunity yesterday.
    reply to me please

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand, it's just spam :|

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
  • Is it just me, or has Pokemon reverted to the evil of R/B/Y? Like when Team Rocket murdered Pokemon when they felt like it? =/
    Anyways, as El Gofre just said, a renegade is somebody who runs away from a party.
    But who would be this "guy"? He must be pretty powerful to, as you stated, scare Giratina off.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    But who would be this "guy"? He must be pretty powerful to, as you stated, scare Giratina off.

I believe it's Arceus.

I'm guessing that not only did Arceus create the Lake Trio and Dialga/Palkia, but the highly-similar looking Giratina.

Arceus has some sort of control over other Pokemon, as in the Darkrai event in Platinum, after Defeating/Capturing Darkrai on new Moon Island, A bug Booming voice with no apparent source said Darkrai was put there because it caused all Pokemon around it to have nightmares. The logical thing would be that Arceus is the said booming voice.

Giratina probably feared Arceus's God-like Powers, and fled to the Torn World.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Ok.

There was a legend in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl in Canalave Library concerning how a fool got a sword and ran around like a maniac chopping Pokemon, and then a giant Pokemon appeared, warned him, and then disappeared, never to be seen again.

I dunno why, but whenever I read that I kept thinking the pokemon was Teddiursa.
    It's weird, I know, but I can't really imagine a legend getting that guy to stop...except maybe Cresselia.

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • a fool got a sword and ran around like a maniac chopping Pokemon, and then a giant Pokemon appeared, warned him, and then disappeared, never to be seen again.

umm i think the pokemon might be arceus

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Yeah, Phantom.

Besides, why would it be about Arceus? The idiots in the US and w/e else there is didn't even know about Arceus yet.

and I already reported that weirdo with the "brother who loves Giratina"

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • Ok.

1. Giratina's a RENEGADE, and the pokemon in the legend ran away, (most likely because the fool would probably blab about it and then the pokemon ran away to avoid being hunted, captured and killed, making it a RENEGADE)
    2. (Oh, wait. I don't have a 2.)

So, what are your speculations on the subject?

Sounds more like the human was the renegade.
    Maybe the human somehow turned into Giratina.
    *shugs*
    Probobly not though.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    If you watch the movie with Latias/Latios, it is possible.
    So I'd say either a person transformed into Giratina, or Giratina just appeared, since many other legendaries can't appear like that.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Sword wielding Maniac = Giratina?

Sounds more like the human was the renegade.
    Maybe the human somehow turned into Giratina.
    *shugs*
    Probobly not though.
    I think you may actually be onto something there, I mean here we have a sword wielding maniac killing pokemon (a renegade/traitor) but we also have Giratina (the RENEGADE pokemon) who happens to live in a giant Graveyard.

Of course it could just be a coincidence.

Arnheln

A Metapod killed my family...
    Years

I agree, you should find out what the word RENEGADE means first before saying such things

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If you watch the movie with Latias/Latios, it is possible.
    So I'd say either a person transformed into Giratina, or Giratina just appeared, since many other legendaries can't appear like that.

TV Show =/= Games ;<

Using the TV show as a reference for the videogames doesn't work.

Cyrus Lv.X

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Years
  • Renegade means to Rebel or to be a Traitor. As is said in the Platinum Pokedex, "Because of its violent behavior, it was driven out into the Ruined World, from where it silently gazes upon our world."

I guess it went on too many Rampages...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back