• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Girl bullied on XBL, M$ ban victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Don't attempt to assume what I believe in. Did I say anything about ethnicity? No. I suggest you read my posts again.

I read your post fine. You didn't need to say anything about ethnicity, I was making a jab at the fact you said the poor girl was asking for it by putting her details on her bio

She can't control her sexuality, just as someone can't control their ethnicity. If you're gonna say "she DID bring it upon herself" because she stated a fact about herself, then you might as well say the same about online racism.

I find it rather annoying that I've had to explain this in such detail to you.

Zet

Years
    As to what Foxhound is saying, you pretty much are saying we should ban everyone who is a different ethnicity/religion

Places like XBL have always had the unspoken 'Dont ask, Dont Tell' rule when it comes to talking about your sexual preference, and I respect MS for upholding that sacred unspoken rule. XD
    wait... what rule? I've never heard of this rule

I wouldn't call that stupid. Actually in a business sense it's the smartest thing to do.

If you think MS is honestly ever going to tell it's immature userbase to grow up, then you're living in a dream world. Yes, I know. It's unfair to the victim but she DID bring it upon her self. Common sense tells anyone that in gaming, the topic of sexual preference is a 'Dont Ask, Dont Tell' matter.
    Yeah it's smart to lose a majority of XBL gamers who are gay because of this. Again, what matter unheard matter is this?

Don't attempt to assume what I believe in. Did I say anything about ethnicity? No. I suggest you read my posts again.

But it is one way to keep the stupid jerks off your back, dont talk about things like your religion or ethnicity or sexual preferences. The best way to enjoy yourself is to lay low anyhow and not announce things that will draw bigoted trolls your way. People are stubborn, and kids are even worse.
    So religion and ethnicity fall under sexual preferences due to the "don't ask, don't tell rule"? I guess that does mean we should ban them all

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Homosexuality is a illnesss. I see homosexuals as people who are ill and need medical attention so they can be "normal" again. Its not their fault they are gay though and should be treated nicely so they can get through this terrible period of mental illness (It has been proved that 75% of homosexuals actually have a gene mutation). Its not nice what happened to her and I feel so sorry for her but hey what can I say?
    DOWN WITH GAY RIGHTS!!!!!

Its was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!!!

Grab ye torch an' pitchfork we got us one of dem homos!!!!

There was once a time everyone believed in God and followed the Bible. There's a very good reason those times were called the dark ages.

Seriously, grow up. This isn't a gay rights thread and it isn't asking for your views on homosexulaity. It's a thread discussing how silly Microsoft have being just to please a bunch of homophobes.

Oh and btw I think you'll find it's you with mental issues if you act. believe in Adam and eve.

Zet

Years
    Homosexuality is a illnesss. I see homosexuals as people who are ill and need medical attention so they can be "normal" again. Its not their fault they are gay though and should be treated nicely so they can get through this terrible period of mental illness (It has been proved that 75% of homosexuals actually have a gene mutation). Its not nice what happened to her and I feel so sorry for her but hey what can I say?
    DOWN WITH GAY RIGHTS!!!!!

Its was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!!!
    As foxhound said, this isn't a topic about homosexual rights, but from your post I'm assuming that you agree that what M$ did was a good thing

[rant]what are you talking about? God loves the gays, if you don't believe me then go read the bible about Jesus sacrificing himself so everyone's sins can be forgiven and if I recall, according to the bible being gay is a sin so ergo God loves gays.

oh and fyi, homosexuality isn't an illness[/rant]

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    what are you talking about? God loves the gays, if you don't believe me then go read the bible about Jesus sacrificing himself so everyone's sins can be forgiven and if I recall, according to the bible being gay is a sin so ergo God loves gays.

oh and fyi, homosexuality isn't an illness

Aren't there like gay preists now? I kn ow the Arch Bishop of canterbury or somewhere was.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    what are you talking about? God loves the gays, if you don't believe me then go read the bible about Jesus sacrificing himself so everyone's sins can be forgiven and if I recall, according to the bible being gay is a sin so ergo God loves gays.

oh and fyi, homosexuality isn't an illness

I cant remember the exact part but I do belive that it mentions "Man shall not lie with another man" It also adresses lesbian relationships in a similar fashion. God loves everyone but some people move away from god and dont notice him as much (through delibirate acts of evil or......through "innapropriate connections" so to speak. It makes clear in the bible though that gay is a big no no.

I see why you might think it isnt an illness but I feel I must dissagree, however that is your opinion and I respect that :) Its bad what happened to this girl but Yes, In a buissness view I can see exactly why they did it. Its easier to ban one person than a load of them.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I cant remember the exact part but I do belive that it mentions "Man shall not lie with another man" It also adresses lesbian relationships in a similar fashion. God loves everyone but some people move away from god and dont notice him as much (through delibirate acts of evil or......through "innapropriate connections" so to speak. It makes clear in the bible though that gay is a big no no.

I see why you might think it isnt an illness but I feel I must dissagree, however that is your opinion and I respect that :) Its bad what happened to this girl but Yes, In a buissness view I can see exactly why they did it. Its easier to ban one person than a load of them.

Goodness, clearly they meant you and a male friend cannot TELL lies together. You can only tell lies with women. Don't you know that?

It's not a smart move for buisness, especially since it gets all over the net.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Goodness, clearly they meant you and a male friend cannot TELL lies together. You can only tell lies with women. Don't you know that?

It's not a smart move for buisness, especially since it gets all over the net.

No they ment no **** to be blunt
    Now the gay preists is something I can explain with a theory! In the catholic church preists are not allowed to have sex or be married. Naturally as they are only human they get "Horney" and then "sexually frustrated" and basicly rape the first thing that moves. I must insist though that this is a small minority but if preists could marry it would totaly anhiliate this problem :)

Telling lies is not nice no matter who you do it to (i still lie occasionally XD)

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No they ment no **** to be blunt
    Now the gay preists is something I can explain with a theory! In the catholic church preists are not allowed to have sex or be married. Naturally as they are only human they get "Horney" and then "sexually frustrated" and basicly rape the first thing that moves. I must insist though that this is a small minority but if preists could marry it would totaly anhiliate this problem :)

Telling lies is not nice no matter who you do it to (i still lie occasionally XD)

You have a really twisted outlook on humanity. Anyway, lets not turn this into another religious debate.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    You have a really twisted outlook on humanity. Anyway, lets not turn this into another religious debate.

I tend to look on people as an irritant really so I guess my opinions might seem a little strange to you :) (I got an infraction here!!!)
    Ok moving of the religion side of it it was discrimination, it was bullying we all know it but there was no other alternative apart from banning a huge group of people. Your telling me you would not have done the same to save your job?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I tend to look on people as an irritant really so I guess my opinions might seem a little strange to you :) (I got an infraction here!!!)
    Ok moving of the religion side of it it was discrimination, it was bullying we all know it but there was no other alternative apart from banning a huge group of people. Your telling me you would not have done the same to save your job?

I'd of deffinately not banned the victim. I would of warned the main offenders and told the girl to block them. If it somehow continued I'd of possibly asked the girl to remove that part of her bio, which would be a shame, as she has every right to put it there.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I'd of deffinately not banned the victim. I would of warned the main offenders and told the girl to block them. If it somehow continued I'd of possibly asked the girl to remove that part of her bio, which would be a shame, as she has every right to put it there.

Does that mean there was every right a young child could have easily started to read about her sexual fetishes? It was innapropriate to even think of putting something like that up so shes hardly innocent!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Does that mean there was every right a young child could have easily started to read about her sexual fetishes? It was innapropriate to even think of putting something like that up so shes hardly innocent!

Did you even read the article?

All her profile said was "I'm a lesbian"

What are you even talking about?

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Did you even read the article?

All her profile said was "I'm a lesbian"

What are you even talking about?

That sentace "Im a lesbian" its innapropriate
    I would think it is innapropriate if someone were to put "Im a hetrosexual" in their profile or "Im a Bisexual too". Any reference is innapropriate!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That sentace "Im a lesbian" its innapropriate
    I would think it is innapropriate if someone were to put "Im a hetrosexual" in their profile or "Im a Bisexual too". Any reference is innapropriate!

Not really, what if she didn't want boys harrassing her for pics or cyber? Or maybe she wanted to meet a special someone, who knows? What i do know is she had every right to display who she is.

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Not really, what if she didn't want boys harrassing her for pics or cyber? Or maybe she wanted to meet a special someone, who knows? What i do know is she had every right to display who she is.

No-one should harrass anyone for pictures. It is their own choice so live with it!
    I care not who she wanted to meet, If she wants to meet a "like-mionded" person she shoukld go to the gay bar or whatever lesbians do, I honestly dont know.

No one has the right to post their.......personal buissness on the net. Its innapropriate and asking fro trouble.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No-one should harrass anyone for pictures. It is their own choice so live with it!
    I care not who she wanted to meet, If she wants to meet a "like-mionded" person she shoukld go to the gay bar or whatever lesbians do, I honestly dont know.

No one has the right to post their.......personal buissness on the net. Its innapropriate and asking fro trouble.

What in an "about me" section?
    If it';s not for personal details, then why even have it?

Sexycheese

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    What in an "about me" section?
    If it';s not for personal details, then why even have it?

Unless you are a sex crazed maniac there are plenty of other things one can speak about in that section other than their sex life.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Unless you are a sex crazed maniac there are plenty of other things one can speak about in that section other than their sex life.

She never mentioned her "sex life". She mentioned her sexual preference. A lot of job application forms ask you for things along those lines.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    This is just wrong, there's no way around it. Regardless on your views on homosexuality, it is perfectly okay for someone to say something like that. If parents are concerned about the kiddies seeing something that they view as inappropriate, don't let them on the mostly older teen to adult Xbox Live, the ESRB even states that online interaction cannot be rated. Their are very few child-friendly games available for Live anyway.

Also, saying "I am a Lesbian" is not the same as saying a sexual fetish. If that were true then it wouldn't be allowed to say on a forum such as this one either. They were just "solving" the problem in the easiest way, getting rid of one instead of 10s to 100s. Its purely ridiculous. Even MySpace has a section to state one's sexual preference!

Thank goodness I never put my sexual preference on Live, I'd have been banned.
    In fact, I'll even state my sexual preference, Bisexual, but leaning towards girls. I trust that I won't have the same issue here as she did on Live. I'd also like to state, for the record, that I am a Christian, but I have different views on quite a few things. Thanks to my friend, who knows the bible like the back of his hand and can quote exerts when he wants or needs to, usually to defend me.
    I guess this proves my theory, a lot of Xbox Live Players are immature, homophobic males.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back